Yard Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the shackles to sit right after removing 2 of the leaves on each side. Still not happy and should not have to do that on a brand new suspension kit.

IMG_2253.JPG

Been a while since I updated this file so here is where I am up to at the moment. Wiring has been given to the local sparky and he reckons that he can make me a harness for a couple of hundred bucks using my old harness as a template and the wiring that I bought from Rapid Cables. Got a couple of tins of Cygnus White as a test spray for the rims, roof, and bezel just to make sure that I am happy with the colour before I order the paint in bulk and get them sprayed. Rain gutter has been repaired and just got to source some rivets to reattach the gutter to the roof so then it can be painted. Here is a couple of pics of the bezel and one rim done with Cygnus White rattle can.

IMG_2292.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG

looking good ken! do you recall whether cygnus white was the same white all through the years? i think from what research i've done that my 84 had cygnus white roof/bezel but i'm not 100% sure

As far as I am aware it was used throughout all the years.

excellent mate, thanks :) hoping to head up to the cape in the next year or two...would love to see your rigs in the flesh!

I should hopefully still be here. Let me know when you come up.

Got these yesterday through a mate who knows someone who works in the aircraft industry. He was kind enough to let me have a few of different sizes and also the air tool that flattens them. Now just got to get the roof riveted onto the rain gutter. Also picked up the paint for the roof, rims and Bezel while I was in Cairns.

IMG_2332.JPG
IMG_2333.JPG
IMG_2334.JPG

Webber Sarge yeah it should work fine with the rain gutter as there is an insert which is placed on each side of the jaws which gives the rounded finish. With these in the jaws will go over the lip on the rain gutter with no problems. I will get a pic of it set up with the inserts in.

what sealer are you using between gutter mould and roof Ken? the rig is looking good,it's a big task to take on but that first drive seems to make it all worth it,keep up the good work

Used Drip Check between the gutter and the roof. Seems to be a good product from what I have been told and seen. Hopefully get the roof, rims and bezel painted in the next week or two and then fit the tyres and hood lining.

Got some shiny bits back from the electroplaters the other day. So nice to see shiny bits again. Will hopefully do a test fit of the wiring harness on Sunday.
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG

Wow Ken! I was following your thread and wasn't getting alerts. Just got caught up and your rig is looking great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom