Yard Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pete the rims will be getting sandblasted and painted original colour. I still have to find 2 more with the hub cap clips and then find a set of chrome hub caps. I have only left those rims on so that I can move her around and don't want new tyre just sitting there. While I am waiting for the last of the panels to be painted will start on the wiring.
I can get some rims if you are interested,I know where there are about 5,hubcaps can be bought new quite easily and not too badly priced

Thanks mate. Should be right for rims but interested in the hub caps. How much and where from.

Thanks mate. Should be right for rims but interested in the hub caps. How much and where from.
cool cruisers in Texas
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445253851.735902.jpg

Did a test fit of a few bits and pieces yesterday to see how things are going. She is starting to look like a vehicle again. However it would appear that I have to go up to the mountains to get the second one out so that I can source a few more pieces off it. Not looking forward to spending 2-3 days swinging off a chainsaw and filling in gullies to get her out.
Seats1.JPG
Seats2.JPG
Seats3.JPG

Looks sweet Ken .
Chainsaws and mountain trips , sounds good.
Are you planning on towing or trailering the other one out?
Still all sounds like a good adventure to me.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Pete yeah should be an adventure with a bit of serious 4wding involved as well. As for towing or trailering her out not sure yet will have to decide that if and when we get in there. I really dont know if we will get a trailer in there so we might have to tow it out the 3 or so kilometers to the main road and then it can be trailered or put on a tilt tray for the rest of the trip home. When we go up I will make sure that I take some pics and video of what the track is like for all to see. One of my other concerns is that with it coming into wet season now it might just make the task a bit more difficult or interesting depends on which way you want to look at it.

Ken

Hi Ken
All sounds very exciting.
What about this for an idea.
You come to China and do my job. ( with the workmanship you have shown on this build I say your qualified to do my China job )
And
I recover the 40 series.
What you Think ?
Or am I being a bit cheeky?
Cheers Peter .

...via IH8MUD app

Been a while since I updated this but this is where I am up too. The rest of the body panels should be finished hopefully this week and ready to pick up. I got the rims sandblasted today and have given them a quick rattle can undercoat just to keep the rust at bay until I can get them painted. Which brings me to my next question as to what colour to paint the rims. I know that Toyota mainly used T1447 (Grey I think it is) however one of the original old pics of Jade that I was given she looks like she has white rims. Anyone ever heard of this and if so what white would it be the same as the roof and bezel??.
Rims Sand Blasted.JPG
Rims Undercoat.JPG

Are they 16's? Cause nearly every 16" one piece hub-cap rim I have is white and the paint looks 45+ years old.

Yeah mate they are 16's non split rims. Just got to work out what white to use now.

Hi,
I just started browsing 40 series threads and saw your build. Awesome! Looking forward to seeing more pics. Thanks.

Thanks Johnny for the info. Looks like there were a few of the early models which came out with the white rims. By the looks of things I will probably go with painting the rims white and make them the same color as the roof and bezel.

Painted Panels6.JPG
Painted Panels7.JPG
Painted Panels8.JPG
Painted Panels9.JPG
Christmas has come early in the house as I picked up all the panels from the painter today. Here are a few pics of them laid out before I start bolting them up loosely to the body :bounce::bounce2:

Last edited:
Why do I keep getting an error when uploading the pics and it wont let me upload them.

Painted Panels5.JPG

Painted Panels2.JPG

Painted Panels3.JPG

Painted Panels4.JPG

Painted Panels5.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom