What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did my front Axle seals and also up-graded to a 96 rotor and caliper on my 91...
IMAG1893.jpg
IMAG1891.jpg
IMAG1996.jpg

Just been robbed. Decided to paint my stock bumper and to make my life easy I removed the chrome strip from the top. 4 of 6 plastic clips snapped. Popper down to Mr T and he took $7.18 each. I nearly fainted at the price of them.

You can use zips ties instead of the clips save ya money

No dust shields?

Nope.....the dust shields don't fit when u add the bigger rotors...

No dust shields?

Nope.....the dust shields don't fit when u add the bigger rotors...

Well, the ones for the bigger brakes do, lol. Just jumped out at me cause you can really see the rotors compared to what I'm used to, lol.

Did you use some sort of spacer to take up the space where the dust shield would have gone?

What rim and tire size please. Are the rims 16 or 17. Looks good in another colour!

37X12.50X17 on 17" fj steelies

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
So excited to watch Kyle 'Rowdie' Busch win the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup championship on a Toyota Camry. First championship for Toyota and I think, many more to come. Celebrated by installing 2nd row cupholders from one of the vendors here plus a single cupholder off a Ranger Rover. Go RowdieNation!!!!!!

I was just getting ready to say "Timing belt?"

Hint for next time - always cut a piece of cardboard to place in front of radiator when working on anything on the front of an engine.

BTW - you posted what you did to your 100 series in the 80 section:grinpimp: :santa:

Nonono, a 1HD-T built in the year of our Lord 1993. We got belts too :) .. it's the one on my avatar..

Hey and thanks for the hint, this hopefully won't cost too much to get me too pissed on myself. Radiator is now out (most of the oil from the tranny cooler is on the floor and myself too). Fun continues :D

Well, the ones for the bigger brakes do, lol. Just jumped out at me cause you can really see the rotors compared to what I'm used to, lol.

Did you use some sort of spacer to take up the space where the dust shield would have gone?
Yes I used a spacer....from Trail Gear..
Anything else?

I took the hint from @LandCruiserPhil and modified some Philips 9011s to improve my pathetic headlights.

headlight1.jpg
headlight2.jpg

It was NOT hard to do, and required very little work on my part. The way I modified the ears and the internal ribs were to notch them with a shop knife and then break them off with a needle nose pliers.

And this is what my headlights look like (to me) now.

flashlights.png

I took the hint from @LandCruiserPhil and modified some Philips 9011s to improve my pathetic headlights.

View attachment 1166598 View attachment 1166599

It was NOT hard to do, and required very little work on my part. The way I modified the ears and the internal ribs were to notch them with a shop knife and then break them off with a needle nose pliers.

And this is what my headlights look like (to me) now.

View attachment 1166600
:lol:

I just did the same yesterday. Now I have to aim them right so I don't set oncoming traffic on fire.

Wasn't the weekend but ran in to @Dudleyfj40 on my way to work. Stood in the cold talking Land Cruisers for too long. Cool seeing another mudder. I know some of you see hem everyday but out here it's like seeing a unicorn...

Forgot to get the obligatory poser shot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom