What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (96 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I used a spacer....from Trail Gear..
Anything else?

Ya, how do they feel? Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers with my interest, nice upgrade!

More like what am I doing with my 80 tomorrow, but Christmas came early!View attachment 1166334

Curious to see what the rig looks like when you put them on! Are they the 3.5" BS or 4.5"? Shot peen grey right?

I've got 5 myself of the same ones, 3.5" BS, I haven't put them on yet.

On my way out of town again. Headed to Frisco for turkey day. Borrowed an ARB rack to haul some crap. Holy hell the ARB is heavy!!View attachment 1166640

How much crap do you have? You have three people!! Never mind I forgot who posted this...

Speaker-A8800-Hi-Lo-Beam-2-300x300.jpg
Do you have the stock speakers? What I did was clip the pigtails off of the stock speakers and solder them onto the constacts of the replacement speakers. Plug and play as Mr. T had meant it to be.

sorry the JW Speakers that I was referring to are these

Wow, it's going to look like a spider with 4 of those up front, lol! Have you ever come across pics of an 80 with these?

searched google images but did not come up on any pics of this being done! I guess it is because each light is $500 dollars so a total of $2000 just for the lights plus spares and the conversion parts! I think I have a little over $3000 into it!

On my way out of town again. Headed to Frisco for turkey day. Borrowed an ARB rack to haul some crap. Holy hell the ARB is heavy!!View attachment 1166640

I spy a Wits' End LED bar cover. New offering?

I got my cloth seats in:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Need to grab the 2nd row when I've got time.

I hear ya on the heavy, my right nut shot across the room when I picked the thing up!:D

No doubt about it, pictures will be forthcoming and I will have the original wheels ready for a new home.
Pictures as promised - really pleased how they turned out. A little darker than I expected, but looks good on the white truck.

And shockingly, she is riding smoother now too, so there must have been a balance issue I was unaware of.
DSC_0141.JPG
DSC_0142.JPG

Curious to see what the rig looks like when you put them on! Are they the 3.5" BS or 4.5"? Shot peen grey right?

4.5 BS and I posted pics. Makes the truck look so much better.

And I forgot...matte gunmetal

I took the hint from @LandCruiserPhil and modified some Philips 9011s to improve my pathetic headlights.

View attachment 1166598 View attachment 1166599

It was NOT hard to do, and required very little work on my part. The way I modified the ears and the internal ribs were to notch them with a shop knife and then break them off with a needle nose pliers.

And this is what my headlights look like (to me) now.

View attachment 1166600
I assume you installed the 9011's in the dims position which, I believe, are 9006's? If the difference is that noticable, this could be the practical, inexpensive solution I've been looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom