What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I assume you installed the 9011's in the dims position which, I believe, are 9006's? If the difference is that noticable, this could be the practical, inexpensive solution I've been looking for.

Yep.

They go into the dims position with just a little bit of work with a dyke on the outside and some kind of knife for the inside. And while it really lights up the highway in front of me, I don't think it's blinding to oncoming traffic.

I assume you installed the 9011's in the dims position which, I believe, are 9006's? If the difference is that noticable, this could be the practical, inexpensive solution I've been looking for.
9011 HIR's in hi's & low's to replace the stock 9005/9006 bulbs.

I spy a Wits' End LED bar cover. New offering?

Saw it in person and I will have to grab a set, although they are still in development......

One day he will release them, they are pretty darn nice.

Yep.

They go into the dims position with just a little bit of work with a dyke on the outside and some kind of knife for the inside. And while it really lights up the highway in front of me, I don't think it's blinding to oncoming traffic.
Sounds great. More and more often I am blinded by "upgrade" headlights from front and behind and think it's gotten a bit out of control. How did we ever see where we were going 20 years ago? Put something on the market and people will believe that they need it. Will do this 9011 swap Friday. Thanks for the post.

Late Entry: Cruiser had the weekend off, and a spa day on Sunday. Washed, sealed paint for winter, and conditioned seats.

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Yeah Its alot of pics just to show off a wash job. Though I may have other intentions. Could this be an early advertisement??

COUGH COUGH thinkingaboutsellingthe80becauseimisshavingatrucksoitmaybetimetomoveon COUGH..............:hmm:..............:meh:

Like the plate. What's your connection to Switzerland and Zurich?

Cool that you noticed
Dont hate on me No Zurich connection.
My family is from the canton of Valais district of Visp. Getting any plate from Switzerland is not easy and one from Valais is very very hard.

Cool that you noticed
Dont hate on me No Zurich connection.
My family is from the canton of Valais district of Visp. Getting any plate from Switzerland is not easy and one from Valais is very very hard.
No hate :). I spent summers in Bern Zurich and few other places when I was little and a winter in Arosa. I guess if your cousin would be a local cop you can have your plate say anything you want...this one is from Slovakia where I was born. Pic is from the Lonestar Jamboree

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448406250.154585.jpg

Switched my dash lights to blue, fixed my "D" light. Fixed a broken hose causing a rough idle.

Can you tell me how you fixed your "D" light? I've got the same issue ~ along with several other [seemingly random] additional lights out on my dash (from the far left over to the radio) that are also "out". ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Made a questionable decision to go wheeling during the snow storm we just experiences. Hands down some of the sketchiest hill climbs I've ever done. Going up the hill isn't the scary part, its sliding back down backwards. Buddies truck is an 84 BJ60, 491k, 3B with an HX35 20+ psi.

22660625784_b116e33882_b.jpg

Time to get into the holiday spirit.

23288999095_13db934d71_b.jpg

Can you tell me how you fixed your "D" light? I've got the same issue ~ along with several other [seemingly random] additional lights out on my dash (from the far left over to the radio) that are also "out". ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
:hmm:

No "D" Club

COUGH COUGH thinkingaboutsellingthe80becauseimisshavingatrucksoitmaybetimetomoveon COUGH..............:hmm:..............:meh:

If you keep it like another year it will be vintage

I am considering replacing my transfer case rear output seal, as I have a small leak. Anyone actually done this themselves or have any advice? I have been reading all the threads on it and wouldn't mind trying it and saving myself $400+
It actually pretty easy and no special tools needed. I'd do the rear bearing while you're that deep.

The service manual will get you through it, but here is a video a mud member has put on YouTube...

Got a tip from a fellow mudder that there is a 92 80 at the junk yard in town. Ran down there and nabbed all the switches, visors that were not sagging and actually work, the door cups, battery tray and battery hold down, some connectors from the wiring harness, trim pieces, front seats that are in shockingly good condition for 257k, a gas cap holder for the gas door, fuse box under the hood for I don't know why, and some other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

And the unicorn. The rubber distributor cap boot.

All for $60.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448424063.152008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom