Ultimate OEM 4X SERIES PARTS IN STOCK (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't want to open things up. Still in the early stages of my build. Been ordering a lot of things. Gear knobs indicator stalks window runners extra. 1978 BJ 40
image.jpeg

Great thread, maybe the moderators can link this with frequently asked questions or general info?? Very helpfull and informative.

What's up with the parts consolidation?
I don't know but I hear from pretty good sources that Toyota is changing their parts architecture to a new thinking. Basically get rid or consolidate parts. We all have seen part numbers that are superceeded to a newer model or more common part. Well expect that to happen in a big way in the next few years.

I don't know but I hear from pretty good sources that Toyota is changing their parts architecture to a new thinking. Basically get rid or consolidate parts. We all have seen part numbers that are superceeded to a newer model or more common part. Well expect that to happen in a big way in the next few years.

That's good to know. If anyone is thinking about restoring a Cruiser, better start now before parts disappear. I wished I had done more to my Cruiser even 5 years ago!

TNGA: Toyota New Global Architecture.

To make room for the new standardization and rationalization of parts across the entire global market fleets, Toyota will need to reduce current part number counts by 10-20% globally.

The inference is that the legacy vehicles will see their parts availability decrease significantly over the next few years to almost nothing.

I'd be worried about any parts that are 20-25 years old or older pretty much going bye-bye. This includes mechanical/chassis (long the last parts to disappear from the catalog).

Lots of changes are coming down the pipeline in the Toyota parts world--including most importantly how Toyota allows customers to order parts. That is going to be a big deal in the next 12-18 months as they institute new supply chain rationalization for market-specific parts.

Doesn't sound good.............

It's not. Means shops like me are going to start hoarding parts for old cruisers so we can stay in business. Or we are going to need to invest in parts printers, machining and our forging abilities. And people like Racer65 who can pull stuff out of their ass. Will also be a boom for parts suppliers who use aftermarket products.

Racer has an incredible ass......... :lol:

Racer is the man........we are lucky to have someone so passionate about our beloved vehicles. With things getting so hard to find if you like it original.

Thanks for that link. Are those correct dealer prices?
ToyoDIY very seldom updates their price listings.(although, you can sometimes get Toyota to get there prices in line if you use ToyoDIY's pricing as a reference) The great things about them are the diagrams and the part numbers--

I went to the local dealership yesterday to try to source a few parts for my 81 FJ40. The parts guy did a nationwide computer search. Or at least he said he did. Here are the results:

Body Bushings; not available
Shocks; same
Windshield washer jar and motor; same
Spring bump stops; same
Seat belts; same
Rear window rubber for amb doors; Got it! $72 apiece.

I would have thought they had to have safety stuff like the belts. I don't want the black ones from CCOT with my gray interior.
Sometimes, the local parts tech just doesn't have a clue. (they are the ones who, when asking for your VIN, tells you it's not long enough, so they can't get parts)
Beno got parts for me easily that the local Toyota Dearlership said were NLA--just depends on the person--part numbers help immensly

P1010060-1.jpg
Soft Top Twist lock 65928-60010 like 4.50

65.jpg

04313-60020 2F Slave Rebuild Kit $15.41

DSCF0249.jpg
1958-9/71 Vacuum Valve Transfer case Overhaul kit 04411-55011 $20.00
I would love to get the slave repair kit, but I can't figure out how to do it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom