PTO Gear Shift (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is the same David.....three speed or four speed.

When the pivot is screwed all the way in, the shifter actually fits between the two holes on the outer end of the pivot, with washers on either side and cotter pins in the holes (one cotter shown above).

As it should, because that same pivot is used with another lever for the PTO that can be installed on the rear of the tcase....

See, I's toll ya Butch that if you'd bump this ol thread, sumpin good would happen!;p

I've got a couple of PTO levers in the shop as well. For some reason, NONE of them are bent like the ones Dave has.:frown:

Maybe I should bend mine?;p

Maybe I should take a pic of them first!:idea:

What are the odds that I would have the only two in the world bent like that? I honestly thought they came from the factory that way. :confused:

Am I the ONLY person that owns a Factory Service Manual?

Not everything in every manual is correct for every thing for every year, Steve. You know that. Despite multiple claims to the contrary, I've never seen a correct for USA 1971 wiring diagram, for instance. :D

They did a good job with the pictures concerning this in the early books, and even better in the later.....

Not expecting to find a variation in a schematic on these or a multitude of other applications would be akin to standing in the rain forest thinking that it is not going to rain. You certainly are aware that the only absolute is death David. :)

Last edited:
Poser said:
Am I the ONLY person that owns a Factory Service Manual?

I own a stack of 'em....they take up about 2 ft on the shelf..........

whats the entertainment value of looking it up....alone and finding it?

I only do that when I'm on the clock and need to do it to get paid.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Butch

Texican said:
I own a stack of 'em....they take up about 2 ft on the shelf..........

whats the entertainment value of looking it up....alone and finding it?

Butch

Let me translate that for you: Like most male cruiserheads, the pages are stuck together!:flipoff2:

Poser said:
They did a good job with the pictures concerning this in the early books, and even better in the later..... :)

You're right, although, neither the 62 nor the 64 FSM mention the winch, even though it was available as an option and described in the owner's manual, unlike the pintle hitch.

I just think it's funny how mine are both bent, unlike anyone else's. Perhaps I should EBay them as rare optional versions! Or, maybe it's a message from the cruiser gods :eek:

I would keep them....

If you were to replace them with strait versions, you probably would hurt your shoulder shifting it. ;)

LOL. It's true, that's 1 inch less reach.

Home Fab Shift Gate

Thought I'd share a pic of a hinge I ground into a shift gate. It'll do until I find an OEM or Ehsan fabs one.
Peter
shift gate.jpg

great idea!

What are the odds that I would have the only two in the world bent like that? I honestly thought they came from the factory that way. :confused:

You're not alone.

attachment.php

Leon...

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:

This is a wanted thread now?

Who is looking for what?

I'm looking for a PTO shifter flap.

Well, and better leadership in Washington, DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom