PTO Gear Shift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PTO shifter 61 FJ40 003.JPG
Four covers and no two are the same. Not sure why the change but they did.

the 3 and 4 speed both have threaded hole on the drivers side for a screw in stud that the shifter pivots on .straight up from the stud is where you have the hole for the shifter .if you cant find a pto stud the one from the 4x4 shifter will work but its a tad longer

When the pivot is screwed all the way in, the shifter actually fits between the two holes on the outer end of the pivot, with washers on either side and cotter pins in the holes (one cotter shown above).
I know this is a really old post, but my PTO shifter will not work in this arrangement. The shifter itself (at the pivot hole) is too wide to fit between the two stud holes and must be positioned, one side against the hexagonal nut side, and the other with a washer and cotter pin. My assembly is from a 3 speed FJ40.

Also, the members who have posted pictures of their linkage, that are still present on the forum, can you guys please update your posts, the pictures are looooongg gone. I can add pictures of mine, and the modifications required to make a 3 speed linkage work on a 4 speed, when I get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom