picture request of OME850/863 lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching for over an hour for a profile shot of an 80 series with an OME850 & 863 heavy lift and couldn't find one. Found a few with the rigs flexed out but thats not helping with what I'm after. I'm going to be getting one of these kits in a few weeks and want to see if I want to leave my 30mm MAF spring spacers in or if the springs alone will get me where I want to be. So if anyone has this lift can you please post a profile shot with the rig on a level surface. Also trying to see how bad the stinkbug is without a steel rear bumper.

image-3956384978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD
image-3956384978.jpg

You will want to keep the spacers in the front if you do not have any added weight. Both the pictures posted here are of trucks with added weight, one has a rear bumper and the other look to be shots taken loaded and its got an ARB front making it a poor representation.

I had a friend do the 850/863 lift with no added weight and it was very high in the rear. Even my truck pre bumpers was high in the rear with the Med load 860's. My friend went with J coils in the front and I will be adding 863 to rear of mine some day to take the added weight.

Thanks for the pictures. I think I'll probably install the kit with the front spring spacers because they are kind of a pain to remove anyways. Wanted to do just the med springs but couldn't pass up the deal on the heavies with shocks. I'm hoping to have them installed by the middle to end of next month.

You will want to keep the spacers in the front if you do not have any added weight. Both the pictures posted here are of trucks with added weight, one has a rear bumper and the other look to be shots taken loaded and its got an ARB front making it a poor representation.

I had a friend do the 850/863 lift with no added weight and it was very high in the rear. Even my truck pre bumpers was high in the rear with the Med load 860's. My friend went with J coils in the front and I will be adding 863 to rear of mine some day to take the added weight.

Thanks for the tip.

I second the info provided by Wheelingnoob. I run 863's in the rear and it took J's +1" of spacing to get a level stance. I have a non winch ARB up front and a 4x4labs (no swingouts) in the rear.

B29CC7D1-E785-4BE7-9244-29AA6B3E3F74-3947-0000035EEB6611E8_zps3b8fc889.jpg

I second the info provided by Wheelingnoob. I run 863's in the rear and it took J's +1" of spacing to get a level stance. I have a non winch ARB up front and a 4x4labs (no swingouts) in the rear.

I don't mind if the rear is a little higher since I usually have about 70 pounds of misc gear with me at all times and use it to haul stuff a few times a month.

I don't mind if the rear is a little higher since I usually have about 70 pounds of misc gear with me at all times and use it to haul stuff a few times a month.

Its more than a little, on my friends it was almost 2.5" diffrence. The 863's are intended to have 440lbs load all the time.

Its more than a little, on my friends it was almost 2.5" diffrence. The 863's are intended to have 440lbs load all the time.

Well I'll be running a 30mm spacer in the front and for the price I'm paying for the kit I'll live with whatever stinkbug it ends up with:D

Why not 850/860? The ride should be better if you don't have a few hundred extra pounds in the back. Worst case if you do get a bumper, just sell the 860s and get the 863s at that time. I would recommend against the 863s with no weight.

EDIT: just saw this part.

Wanted to do just the med springs but couldn't pass up the deal on the heavies with shocks.

I say sell the 863s and buy yourself some 860s. I think you'll be much happier.

I'm running that setup with a front spacer... i thought 863 was a med spring?
I will agree with the group a bumper and a little cargo will not budge the springs and I'm running proof.
100LB Roof Rack
100LB ARB Drawer empty
Rear Bumper with dual swing arms.. loaded with 315 tire and a 60LB Jerry Can rack and a 30lb or more high lift
Still rides firm and the extra weight has not changed the stance...so running 860 may be you best bet
Profile shot is without the Jerry Can Rack....other shot are not direct profile but Jerry can rack is mount

image-2075036400.jpg

Still sitting up
Lou
image-3815123190.jpg
image-2329731875.jpg
image-2075036400.jpg

I used to run 850/860's with the only added weight being front ARB and still have third row seats installed. When loaded on family trips the 860's were too soft (rear end sagged), so I just swapped out the 860's for 863's and much happier. Sorry no pics...

Unloaded with the 863's the rear is only 1.25"-1.5" higher than the front 850's (no spacers).

Why not 850/860?

Because I'm getting the 850/863 with shocks for the cost of some of my labor on a project for a friend. The service shop I work at just opened a fabrication shop for race car stuff and will be getting a bender to make roll cages so I see some tube bumpers and sliders in my future:D If I don't like the setup I'll try something different but for almost no out of pocket cost for me its worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom