Pics of 40's with non OEM black rims needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for some help and the search button isnt really yielding the results I am looking for. I've attached a pic of my truck as it sits today, below. The standard aluminum MT II's and white lettering on the BFG's screams 80's to me. It is pulled off well, and at times I dig the classic look. It is a 40 afterall.

Other times, I spend countless hours scouring the internet :bang: deciding if the modern touch I am looking for is a black rim (MTII in black) with the tires flipped, or with some new tread. I can't tell you how many times I have been back and forth. I am not willing to "black out" trim work/latches etc like some do though. For a couple hundred bucks I could swap to the black rim.

If your 40 is sporting black aftermarket rims, can you please post up a picture as a reference for me? Top on, top off....not picky. Also, I am open to your opinions for sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.
IMG_1703.jpg

you have problems :rolleyes:

Dang, I new that someone was going to read my post that way. I have limited funds to spend on it right now and the truck could use it in other areas but with all of my vehicles, I am very particular on COLOR, RIMS and TIRES. You'd probably take a look at the interior (ghetto seats) or other areas of the truck and pick something else you'd spend the coin on.

I appreciate your comment though. LOL Maybe thats my sign to quit worrying about it and move on.

Snoozer, I get what you are saying. Its actually the "in between" look that bugs me. The truck is a 70, so I'd rather have the steelies with skinny's than this look honestly. Right now it looks like the resto designer did this all in 1987...haha. I just have something against the 80's I guess. If it werent for the flow from the lettering to the white top, I'd have flipped those tires the first week I picked it up in december.

Thanks for the pics so far. Digging both sets!

Opposite

If you are not going to steelies I like white on a blue truck. Just my opinion.
78 FJ40.jpg

Some from the blue thread...
blu1.jpeg
blue2.jpeg
blue3.jpeg

"Buy a Wrangler". ;) C'mon man, I ask about black rims and I get that outta ya? You must be a skinnies/steelies kind of guy. LOL

Thanks for the pics guys.

I covet my hard top, so these pics with tops on are extremely helpful.

Remove tires from wheels

Paint Wheels with diplicolor wheel paint

Remount tires with white letters facing in

???????

Profit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom