mr t. seat options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello fellow cruiser fans, im in need of a set of seats for the front of my 97. so does anyone know any seats that will look factory but be from some other model/ year vehicle?doesnt have to be electric but tan leather is a plus.

Just get new leather from MetricTLC and throw in some seat heaters while you're in there. There's no simple bolt in solution.

i dont have the money to buy new leather besides my seats foam is shot. theres a cheap junkyard near my house that has a buch of toyotas in it and i figured it would be cheaper to just put different seats in than to buy new foam and leather and recover them.

Pro Car seats. Same seats that Iron Pig offers. I believe they run 349 per seat plus the bracket. Not sure how well their colors match stock.

i dont have the money to buy new leather besides my seats foam is shot. theres a cheap junkyard near my house that has a buch of toyotas in it and i figured it would be cheaper to just put different seats in than to buy new foam and leather and recover them.

yeah, turns out nothing else fits.

well that sucks. if that is true that no other seat fits. so 80 series and lx450 are the only vehicle that has seats that fit?

I wish there was a way to get the seat from my KW semi (Seats Inc) to bolt up to my 80. Dont need the air ride but would be nice but not enough head room unless I leave the sun roof open and wear goggles

There's a guy selling in the for sale section some nice sparco seats with brackets that are drop in ready. Not tan or leather but works. Can go wrong with sparco, imo.

I would save your money and replace the seat foam and buy the leather from Shane..may not be the quick solution but it would be back to factory.. Another option is replace seat foam and get Spector Tuff Duck Covers....

Lou

Jason has a set of manual 80 seats for sale, now.

Couple that with new foam from Toyota, covers from Shane, and a good alternative to the OE powered.

Little more leg room and eliminate the power seat issues.

If we could all figure out/ agree on a set of OEM seats (any manufacturer) that would go well in the 80, I would consider fabbing some low profile brackets to make it an easy bolt in; I've been thinking about this for a while.

Leather/pleather, manual, lower than stock, (don't like the "booster" effect of 80 seats). Something with reasonably high production numbers, etc. I've been eying some from Volvo that looked good. Need to do more research though.

Chime in please.

just a thought but what about landrover seats theres like 40 sets in the yard by my house

My '01 GTI had seats I really liked. They were manual and had a manual lumbar support crank and a manual height adjustment. Pretty sure they were interchangeable with Golf and Jetta seats from '00-'04. VW made a ton of those things. Some had leather, some had cloth, some had seat heaters. Might be a good choice.

im thinking a 4runner but dont know if i can fit it in.

My '01 GTI had seats I really liked. They were manual and had a manual lumbar support crank and a manual height adjustment. Pretty sure they were interchangeable with Golf and Jetta seats from '00-'04. VW made a ton of those things. Some had leather, some had cloth, some had seat heaters. Might be a good choice.

I loved the seats in my 96 GTI. Golfs and Jettas have much different seats.

Supra seats are very comfy and adjustable. I should of pulled one out when I had the Supra and see how much work it would be to convert one.

im thinking a 4runner but dont know if i can fit it in.

I have a set of tan leather 2nd gen 4runner SR5 seats that I got to swap into my LX450. I cant stand the stock seats but loved the seats I had 4Runner. Going to see how hard its going to be to adapt them. Oh they are manual so no more electric seat issues.

Someone posted up a set of newer Volvo seats they got to work. Not 100% sure who it was though.

Twotonic maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom