Gauging interest in SCS F-5 Wheels in new 17x9 size (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are these a limited run, or a regular stock item now?

^ This! These sure are pretty. Don't need them for my 80 but would be nice to see them as a regular SCS option since everything these days is marketed towards newer Tacomas & 4Runners.

^ This! These sure are pretty. Don't need them for my 80 but would be nice to see them as a regular SCS option since everything these days is marketed towards newer Tacomas & 4Runners.

Vin hasn't come out and said it just yet but I think with the reaction so far it may be a production wheel. Fingers crossed!

Tires are typically cheaper w/ smaller rim sizes. You're going in the opposite direction if that's you're reasoning!

Depends how big you're going with the tire and whether it's even available on a 15/16. 35+ options are super thin if non-existent in desirable tires unless moving to 17.

Depends how big you're going with the tire and whether it's even available on a 15/16. 35+ options are super thin if non-existent in desirable tires unless moving to 17.

Yes. That's why I run a 37 on 17s. I was just stating a general rule of thumb in the LT tire world.

Yes. That's why I run a 37 on 17s. I was just stating a general rule of thumb in the LT tire world.

Gotcha, although I haven't experienced a specific rhyme or reason to prices, the 275/65R20 (34.2") for my F150 were cheaper than the 315's for my Cruiser.

Hello Guys,

With our latest container arrival, I've been extremely busy and overwhelmed. However, it looks like the initial test fitment by Eric went well on the 80 and 60 series LC. We will now start to collect the non-refundable $100 deposits. Those that are willing to leave a deposit will be guaranteed a set and we will also provide their order with a free set of lugs. This is a $45-50.50 value.

To help me make this as smooth as possible, please email me at vin@scs-performance.com with the subject "F5 17x9 $100 deposit". I will need to know what quantity you're after and what finish you prefer. Be sure of what you want on the wheel finish! If you decide to switch at the last second, there might not be enough for you to switch.

I need to put the order in soon(1week) so we can possible receive the wheels by November. I was hoping for late October, but we're a little behind schedule now.

HDjDub - I just sent the email to Vin. Not sure if you could coordinate shipping to Canada? I'm on Vancouver island, so
if there is two or more on the island on the list, maybe we can save a bit shipping to one location? Not likely, but an idea.
It would be no benefit shipping to Vancouver, too much to get it over on the boat.

Are these going to be an off the shelf production item to purchase later? I'm kicking myself for having other expenses right now. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom