Gauging interest in SCS F-5 Wheels in new 17x9 size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*update*

Looks like this is probably going to happen now. Vin from SCS has been in contact with me and we're very close to the required amount of wheels. A 100$ non refundable deposit will be needed along with your color choice so they can get going on this. Please message me or reply to this thread if you're interested as this may be the only time these wheels are available.

I've approached Stealth Custom Series about making a slightly more aggressive model that would be good for Landcruisers and etc. 17x9 -38. They've considered making this wheel size but have yet to pull the trigger on it.

I'm a huge fan of simple jdm style wheels like the SCS F-5. I also see that 17's are now becoming the easiest size to find tires in now. SCS currently makes a 17x8.5" F-5 but the offset is quite weak on older Toyotas and solid front axle trucks.

image-jpeg.1207048

Fitment on newer Toyotas would be very similar to the 5th gen 4runner pictured below. It has the 17x8.5 F-5's with 1.5" wheel spacers. The look of the rim would be similar to the Tacoma sporting the 16x8's that have the -25 offset and the double stepped lip.

Only thing is they need min 100 wheels to make them. I've got about 95 of those wheels already accounted for. Just posting this up to see if anyone else would be interested. They need serious interest to make these wheels.

Cost would be $180-190 a wheel. Would be available in all the normal colors plus gloss white as well.

So post up as SCS will be watching to see if I have enough people legitimately interested to go forward with this. Link your friends to this who may also be interested!

image-jpeg.1207050
image-png.1207051
image-jpeg.1207053

Thursday at 1:04 PM
+ QuoteReply

Last edited:
If these wheels came in the proper back spacing to fit both 60 and 80 series without spacers I think they would have a seller on their hands. Hard to get that many folks to commit to a wheel they've never seen a picture of on their type rig.

I like their wheels and am always on the hunt for something different, just not willing to commit to a wheel that has not been produced.

"Build it, they will come"

Understandable. It's a bit of a catch 22 however. There's tons of us wanting that proper size for the 60/80 but they don't know if there's enough legitimate interest to pursue it. I'm trying to see if there's 12-16 more people out there who are whiling to go in with me to get these made.

It would be 1" larger diameter and half inch more width then the following trucks. Not too hard to imagine?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Would this be available in a light/bright silver?

In for bronze or gun metal. Want the deeper stepped look of the 16" - 25's in 17" so I can actually find a decent 37" plus tire.

I love the SCS wheels. I've been very happy with mine even though they aren't the F5's. I think this size you guys are asking for is a great option that could be very popular. Personally I still prefer the 16's over a 17 but I may be the minority. Maybe I'm old school but I still like a lot of sidewall for wheeling. But 17's are likely going to be more and more common size for tires and I think they offset you guys want will be perfect.

I have the SR8's from SCS and I think I'm the only 80 running these wheels. There's very minor machining that needs to be done to the hub on these to fit the 80 but it's easily done and I think they look great. I seriously considered the F5's but wanted something a little different from everyone else.

F5's are a direct fit that don't require anything to fit the 80. Here's a few more pics of the F5's on 80s that I had collected.
10503995663_777f73b1bf_o_zps1d2dfeef.jpg

10504014993_a6509b9f59_c.jpg

10664137786_fbf36ebaf3_c.jpg

sam_1750-1-jpg.1183605

ipad-pics-juine-18-2104-010-jpg.948051

I wanna up to 37s. I have 16x8 -25 F5s in dark bronze. Love them.

And yeah finding 37s is hard.

I wanna up to 37s. I have 16x8 -25 F5s in dark bronze. Love them.

And yeah finding 37s is hard.
It's hard right now to find 37's in 16" I think there is only a hand full of tires. Next time you need to replace there very well maybe none.

That has been part of my battle. I like 16's love 15's but there just is no tires any longer or the options are so limited you are basically limited to bias or impossible to get BFG's.

In 17's take your pick there are as many options as you could want.

f5's in gloss white for that 90's tuner look :eek:

But as long as they keep making tires in 16, I'm probably going to stick with 16's.

I'd be interested in 5 in the matte gunmetal

I thought I'd already answered, 5 in gunmetal matte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom