Early 2 barrel big window F carburetor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems like there ought to be an Aisin book somewhere that lists the applications and CFMs for all their carbs. Carter has such, and Holley, I think I recall seeing one for Rochesters too. I’ve tried to find the CFM for the SD40 with no luck so far.

Last edited:
I’m curious to find out. Reality is I’ll probably just steal the blue plate and put it into an SD40 that’s missing it though. But maybe I’ll play with it a bit first.

I am not an expert but I too think this carb should perform better then stock single barrel set up. SD40 carbs were no powerhouse by any means.

Anyone ever put one of these in a 40 series? :)

I wish my 40 was good enough to deserve one of these
I wish mine was too! :D But really who cares, if I had one of these I would run it on whatever hoopty rig I had. :hillbilly: I would love to know how these DD40s perform on a smaller 40 series

Limited miles driving experience but nothing “shocking”, or even noticeable as per my FJ45’s DD40 application.
my goal was simply for a “Large Window Carb” on a F.5
Thanks for the info! That’s really helpful. :)

Limited miles driving experience but nothing “shocking”, or even noticeable as per my FJ45’s DD40 application.
my goal was simply for a “Large Window Carb” on a F.5

Sean @67azcruizr; wondering if you can school us on if there is any real difference in terms of performance between early single barrels and later 2 barrels from F.5 / 2F? it seems many old schoolers prefer constant flow of single barrel in certain application. if there is no noticeable performance gain then what your thoughts on using single barrel on F.5 or 2F?

I don’t know about “schooling” anybody.
With my limited knowledge with side by side values of the intakes, valves, cams, cranks and pistons of F vs F.5 vs 2F I would simply assume that an engine designed for a certain amount of fuel/air mixture is not going to benefit or offer a noticeable performance increase.
a carburetor is a very small piece to increasing performance, and sometimes more than just unnecessary.
my 2 cents

I don’t know about “schooling” anybody.
With my limited knowledge with side by side values of the intakes, valves, cams, cranks and pistons of F vs F.5 vs 2F I would simply assume that an engine designed for a certain amount of fuel/air mixture is not going to benefit or offer a noticeable performance increase.
a carburetor is a very small piece to increasing performance, and sometimes more than just unnecessary.
my 2 cents

Thanks Sean @67cruiser, I am too dealing with F.5 in my 25 build. Just for the nostalgia I too want to have big window carb popping in there. The difference is I got SD40 (single barrel) to go on F.5 and wondering would that be a satisfactory combination without any issues? I am more concern on issues as F.5 is originally designed to work with 2 barrel.

Last edited:
Ended up finding one of these in Japan with the intake recently. Needs some love though. Like the Uber rare inverted blue plate? ;)

Who would be our best carb guru to tackle this one? I think I’ll try to get it rebuilt, if possible.

B1CD71E2-5A11-44B8-9EB4-FBBFECBF4774.jpeg

DBD44578-AAA1-4377-B0DE-5A1B908CD41A.jpeg

49E197D9-C406-47F2-BFAD-93F1FB0F76DA.jpeg

3FE01EA8-59E7-4B83-AA38-C2F9A602BAC2.jpeg

3CE5E86D-DEAF-4155-868B-A5CFB1243D1C.jpeg

Ended up finding one of these in Japan with the intake recently. Needs some love though. Like the Uber rare inverted blue plate? ;)

Who would be our best carb guru to tackle this one? I think I’ll try to get it rebuilt, if possible.

View attachment 2809693

View attachment 2809694

View attachment 2809695

View attachment 2809697

View attachment 2809698
@FJ40Jim would you be open to trying to rebuild this DD40 since you’ve seen one before? Tried to send ya a PM but it wouldn’t let me for some reason.

@FJ40Jim would you be open to trying to rebuild this DD40 since you’ve seen one before? Tried to send ya a PM but it wouldn’t let me for some reason.
if you don't mind me asking, what application do you have with the DD40?

They only came on FA's originally.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom