CruiserFest 2016 - Official Info Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had to stop by the museum again today and visited with @cruiserdan and Kyle P. Getting amped for CruiserFest!

I'll be at the KOA Friday night....:)

Top post is updated with additional details for the Denver-CruiserFest run as well as Parking at the LCHM. Please take a minute to review!

See you all in a few weeks!

I'm excited for this. I've always had a spot for LC's despite having a pickup my self.

We have another exciting presentation nailed down for CruiserFest, the king of Land Cruiser collectibles Mike “Treeroot” Davidson!

Mike has been collecting Land Cruisers and Land Cruiser memorabilia for past couple decades. Only when he ran out room to store the 1:1 scale models did he start collecting models. In the past ten years, his collection of NIB toys has grow to over 800 unique items. He is also rumored to have one of the largest collections of Toyota Land Cruiser literature, bottle jack, and Toyota curios. When you don't catch him driving his 1959 FJ25 around town, you'll find him networking with all of the wonderful folks that make up this amazing community!

A large portion of Mike's collection is on display at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum and will be highlighted during Mike's presentation on Saturday afternoon.

@treerootCO

image.jpg

I am looking forward to Mike's presentation. Having had the honor of setting up the museum display I want to hear more about his experience acquiring all this cool stuff. You don't just walk into Toys R Us one Saturday afternoon and fill up your cart......:)

Add another attendee from Denver. I'm in! Bringing a buddy who's flying in from Chicago. Leaving Denver Thursday, probably KOA'ing it in SLC Friday and Saturday nights and cannonballing it back on Sunday.

Can anybody recommend a good spot for camping about halfway between Denver and SLC for Thursday night?

Looking forward to putting some faces to names. See you all next week!

Add another attendee from Denver. I'm in! Bringing a buddy who's flying in from Chicago. Leaving Denver Thursday, probably KOA'ing it in SLC Friday and Saturday nights and cannonballing it back on Sunday.

Can anybody recommend a good spot for camping about halfway between Denver and SLC for Thursday night?

Looking forward to putting some faces to names. See you all next week!

Looking forward to seeing you and your BJ74! I don't have a specific suggestion but Moab isn't too far out of the way :). Maybe some of the Denver crew can chime in with a good suggestion between Grand Junction and Green River.

Countdown to Cruiserfest!

Some more sneak peak info about CruiserFest happening on September 10th!

Are you into overlanding and expedition travel? Are you considering a trip to Alaska or Mexico or perhaps something much grander? We have two killer presentations happening at the museum during CruiserFest. Greg Miller will be presenting on Expeditions7, a two-year journey that took Land Cruisers across 7 continents. We'll also have a presentation from Dave Connors covering his ExpeditionAmericas trip spanning from Alaska to Ushuaia and everything in between.

If you have a wanderlust for adventure, don't miss these rare opportunities! Best of all, the event is completely free and open to the public. Will I see you there???

image.jpg

image.jpg

KOA a week from today!

Bring it on.......:beer:

Greg Miller will be presenting on Expeditions7, a two-year journey that took Land Cruisers across 7 continents.

Can't get enough Expeditions 7! And the trucks will be there as a backdrop, so cool!

We'll also have a presentation from Dave Connors covering his ExpeditionAmericas trip spanning from Alaska to Ushuaia and everything in between.

Really looking forward to this!

Did someone say Expeditions7?

DSC01131.JPG
DSC01132.JPG
DSC01133.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom