Solid Axle Summit #7 Texas Convoy Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So far these are the folks that have confirmed on the Convoy. Some are going to meet along the way. The first list will be people coming to my shop on Friday the 28th.

@POTATO LAUNCHER
@BombCity
@80Lady
@cornboy @CenTXFJ60
@fl4031003
@SoTexCruiserDoc
@TCruiser93
@aer0397
@BigHighBlue
@samc2447
@Yackster
@txav8er
@ChickenDaddy
@JohnnyFish
@TexFJ

People meeting in route:
@4Cruisers
@CruiserTrash
@matzell
I am planning on coming to your shop Friday. Will likely travel solo as I don’t think I can leave that early. Not going over Medano.

I am planning on coming to your shop Friday. Will likely travel solo as I don’t think I can leave that early. Not going over Medano.
Cool, I'll add you on.

@SoTexCruiserDoc still planning for 10am at Bowies in Menard? What time would yall meet in Comfort? I'm coming from SA as well.

Proud to be an honorary member of the Denver Chapter of the Texas Convoy. I think we'll head down and camp Friday night somewhere near Westcliffe, then catch you whenever you arrive to start Medano Pass. We'll run Medano, camp on what looks to be a dry dusty pancake of BLM land, and then head to Classic Cruisers with y'all.

Yes. Comfort between 8-8:30. Unless of course @CenTXFJ60 changes the whole plan the night before 😆
We need to collect phone #’s and start a text string. I have most of everyone except @cstav86 ,@FZJ EightE and then one or two out of austin. If I’m not in your contacts and you’re convoying with us out of SA or Austin then shoot me your info if you’d like to be on the text string. Thanks. Jimmy

Checked out some maps last night. We kind of want to do Marshall Pass after Classic Cruisers. You head back south out of Poncha Springs and head west after just a few miles (you're only backtracking about 12 minutes). It's a graded dirt road to 10000' that's an alternative to Monarch Pass, and it rejoins US50 in Sargents. I'm not dictating what the group does but letting y'all know in case anybody wants to skip the 20% grade and hit some dirt. Looks like it adds 1.5 hours.

On the same token we may do Owl Creek Pass as well - cuts off Montrose and goes from Cimarron to Ridgeway. Easy dirt road but very pretty, adds about an hour. Great majestic views of the entire San Juans Range as you come over the pass and head down into Ridgway.

For what it's worth, it looks like the Google Maps route from the BLM camp in the morning, to Classic Cruisers, and on to Ouray is about 4.5 hours. We're happy to split off from the group and meet in Ouray, but if anybody wants to hit the dirt with us let me know.

This is possible. I’ll have a guest riding in my 80 who could just drive another in the convoy. Let me inquire. Who has the truck now and where is it?
I am bailing on the additional 80 purchase....too clean for my intended use. Thanks for the offer.

Casey,

Maybe a miscommunication. You have me on your list. I won’t be tagging along to your place. I going to try to meet up with y’all at Classic Cruisers. So hopefully we can keep in touch on ETA. 👍🏼

Casey,

Maybe a miscommunication. You have me on your list. I won’t be tagging along to your place. I going to try to meet up with y’all at Classic Cruisers. So hopefully we can keep in touch on ETA. 👍🏼
I have removed you from the Cool Kid list Tyler. We shall see you at Classic Cruisers on the 30th.

I have removed you from the Cool Kid list Tyler. We shall see you at Classic Cruisers on the 30th.
Tyler organizes all of our meetups here in Austin. He IS the cool kid list. : )

I’m in for Friday, riding solo from Dallas. Last year, I missed the party on Friday night due to leaving home later than planned and running into the down pour outside Amarillo. Not missing it again!

I’m in for Friday, riding solo from Dallas. Last year, I missed the party on Friday night due to leaving home later than planned and running into the down pour outside Amarillo. Not missing it again!
What part of Dallas are you leaving from? Time?
@ChickenDaddy, myself and (I think) 4 others will be heading out sometime Friday morning from the north side of Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom