SAS SAS #8 Official Page 08/05/2024-08/09/2024 (13 Viewers)

Vote for this years color for shirts and trail flags

• • Sky Blue

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • • Pollux Orange (vote for this please)

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wonder how it will pull with all that weight behind the axles?

As an insight, Chris and I can lift the back of the Hilux.

I only pulled it about 12 miles as a test. It was pretty well behaved. Settled after bumps nicely. Decent cross wind yesterday, but nothing wild.

There is a lot of weight on the ball currently. The pickup has a pretty good squat to it. I need to weigh just the pickup to find out what that number actually is.
I think I'm igoing to strap the 40 down a couple of inches further aft. I think if I can get 500# off the ball it'll be an improvement, but the new pickup might change that thought. Right now I think I'm close to a ton of tongue weight.

2024 has been great so far. New shop is raking in the bucks. No more sleeping in the 80 . I was able to buy a tent!!

438094785_1814925295688475_1094146200308066985_n.jpg

2024 has been great so far. New shop is raking in the bucks. No more sleeping in the 80 . I was able to buy a tent!!

View attachment 3614489

It is truly wonderful when you build a business from your grit and sweat.
Watch it flourish.
Then revel in the sweetness of victory.

Congratulations Randy. We all knew you had it within you.

Well, it’s looking more and more like I’ll be able to pull off a fresh 2F before SAS8. Big work ahead. I’m in the deep end of the pool now and have no idea what I’m doing. Send help.

For example, these are on the way to me from a country the State Department isn’t too fond of:

F482DF45-CA1C-4011-A681-F38485F7885C.jpeg

For those wanting to sponsor that haven't registered please reach out to myself or Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 so we can get you the link.
The date for being added to the swag and banners is May 15, 2024. We are happy to add after this date but swag will be put into print soon after.
Thanks, Casey..

I am just throwing this out there. I would like to get up early and do the alpine loop trail one day to Lake City then Silverton if anyone is up for it.

I think that's
I am just throwing this out there. I would like to get up early and do the alpine loop trail one day to Lake City then Silverton if anyone is up for it.
I think this is a great idea Rob. It's an all day trail but a great opportunity for amazing pictures, lunch stop in Lake City, dinner in Silverton before heading back up 550 to Ouray.

I'd be in as long as the Moose is up to it. Stock adjacent 62 suitable?
I am not sure I can answer that question but hopefully someone here can chime in.

Last edited:

I'd be in as long as the Moose is up to it. Stock adjacent 62 suitable?
Yes I have done that loop in 2wd. You might work it a little bit going up mineral creek. Go up corkscrew instead. its easy sailing ..

More on Bridge closure on 50. Hopefully they get this sorted out before SAS.

You would think they should be able to weld some supports in place around that crack…. But maybe there are more structural issues than meets the eye in that photo…

There is a way around. Blue mesa cut off it goes around its a groomed dirt road Might be rough pulling a trailer. @DangerNoodle maybe you can check it out if need be when the time is closer. it comes out right by JPs
I learned real quick when randy calls something a "groomed dirt road" that pretty much means you are going to need lockers and a good spotter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom