CruiserFest 2016 - Official Info Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
image.jpg

What is CruiserFest?

Cruiserfest is a gathering of Land Cruiser aficionados at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum in Salt Lake City, Utah to celebrate all things Land Cruiser. Need I say more? If you love Land Cruisers, you don't want to miss CruiserFest 2016.

The official event is Saturday, September 10th, 2016

Activities include trail rides converging on the CruiserFest site from all over the west (please post up if you are interested in leading a convoy and or joining an incoming group). We will meet Saturday morning for a courtesy breakfast and spend the day at the museum touring the museum and enjoying presentations and classes (TBA). Complementary lunch will be provided for all attendees and we will meet again that evening for a downtown SLC happy hour.

The Miller Motorsports Park was the longtime home of CruiserFest however that is no longer an available option so we've had to really adapt this years even. It's been a windy road to get us to this point in the planning but CruiserFest can, will, and shall go on and 2016 is going to be a great time. We look forward to seeing you there!

Run of Show
Monday - Friday: Incoming Trail Rides
Saturday:
9am - Complimentary Light breakfast served at Land Cruiser Heritage Museum
10:00 - Canguro Racing Presentation - Come learn about the LC200 Race Truck
11:30 - ExpeditionAmericas by Dave Connors (Touring Central & South America)
12:30 - BBQ Lunch (Courtesy of CruiserFest)
1:30 - Land Cruiser Collectibles by Mike "Treeroot" Davidson
2:30 - Expeditions7 by Greg Miller
5:00 - Doors Close
5:30 - Happy Hour & Meet/Greet at Salt Lake Area Restaurant (Micah Platt)

Incoming Trail Rides:
Trail Rides will be first-come, first-serve and all RSVP's will be handled by the respective trail leaders. Those trail leaders will be posting up information on their routes and meeting locations ASAP.

Green River Utah (Moab) to CruiserFest - See All Details Here
Denver to CruiserFest - See All Details Here

Camping in SLC:
For those coming into SLC via trail rides and or looking for a place to stay, the KOA in Salt Lake is excited to have us. You will need to call and make your own reservations or network with your trail leader to see if they are making group arrangements. It's a large KOA so while they have plenty of room, we might not be super close so please post up your camp site reservation and that will allow others to request something nearby. They offer a 10% discount for KOA members and Military.

Hotels in SLC:
There are a variety of hotels within walking distance of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum (470 West 600 South, SLC, UT 84101). You can view the various options HERE. There is no formal group discount in place at any hotel but let them know you'll be visiting the nearby Land Cruiser Heritage Museum.

Parking @ the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum:
We have secured parking at Uptown Embroidery (corner of 600 South & 400 West). Curbside parking can also be found along 600 South (north side) and along 500 West.
Also, parking on the north side of the building will be fine, closest to the shipping containers as possible.

Just show up! If you are planning to attend one of the incoming trail rides, be sure to network with that trail leader so you know the meeting time, place and route details.

So who is in?

13346526_1086982524693083_1157904462249825372_n.jpg

@cruiserdan @woody @Inukshuk

I'm in!

In. Looking forward to a trail ride as well!

The plan is make the 45 Run labor day weekend, leave from there and arrive somewhere in Utah on Tuesday. Meet up with whomever is doing a trail ride from what ever location I can meet up at. 1967 FJ45 LWB and towing my camp trailer. Over the next month plan is upgrade to a 60 dizzy, add a Aussie locker in the rear, replace the rear brake line and we should be good to go

11781631_10205919305235762_4291356613579116814_n.jpg

I am in! Now just to figure what wheels I will be rolling around in. Would love to join the Moab group again.

Smitty

If all goes according to plan, will have just completed the Utah Back Country Discovery Route the 8th or the 9th, so hopefully will be able to attend Saturday's festivities before heading back to Boise. Hope to see you all there.

If all goes according to plan, will have just completed the Utah Back Country Discovery Route the 8th or the 9th, so hopefully will be able to attend Saturday's festivities before heading back to Boise. Hope to see you all there.

Perfect timing. You doing the UTBDR north-south or south-north?

We are In!
We had a blast last year and want to do the Denver Run this year!
Dan hold a place for us if you are leading the Denver Run!

I'm in
And so is two other friends and their rides
And for the moab trail ride
What about the bountiful pond area for cruiserville camping

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom