Arizona TLCA chapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=hj60 link=board=27;threadid=4477;start=msg119864#msg119864 date=1079073609]
I never get tired of the views.
[/quote]

ain't that the truth ;)

How about

"Cactus Cruisers 4WD Club of Arizona"

with apologies to Rising Sun in Colorado....

Logo could be a Saguaro rockcrawling a 40 with Ray-Bans and the "NO JEEP" sticker in barely readable letters on the apron (like the pic on the IH8MUD homepage)

[quote author=msahr link=board=27;threadid=4477;start=msg121847#msg121847 date=1079421223]
Logo could be a Saguaro rockcrawling a 40 with Ray-Bans and the "NO JEEP" sticker
[/quote]

Not to start a flame war but...

Im new to the cruiser scene and one thing I dont get is the jeep bashing. I have jeeps and also belong to a local jeep club with over 2000 members. They welcome anyone regardless of vehicle manufacturer.

Anyway, I dont get it at all. Is it a brand loyalty thing?

I also own a Jeep. Before I wa converted to Cruisers, I owned 3 other
Jeeps (2 74 CJ-5s and an 83 CJ-7) and a Scout 80A. My current Jeep is an
00 Wrangler.
I doubt I will ever buy another Jeep again, old or new. They just aren't built
like Toyotas. Don't get me wrong, they can still wheel. With a little
modfication, they can wheel pretty well. But they just don't hold up to hard
use as well as Cruisers.

Most Cruiser owners are goodnatured about their Jeep bashing. Before I got
my current Cruiser, I was still welcomed into the Cruiser world with my TJ. I
got a fair amount of ribbing, though.
I have also met a few who wouldn't even speak to me if I didn't own a
Cruiser.
In short, it's definately a brand loyalty thing. And for very good reason. :D

its a jeep thing,,,,,,
its all good natured ribbing but some folks just take it personal.
i dont think its a good idea to bash any brand on our future emblem as i would like our group to be known as friendly and helpfull to all wheelers.
heres a funny couple tidbits for you guys, we (my circle of friends) made up some T-shirts a couple years ago with "jeeps are for girls" and a big pink flower on them. most of the jeep guys we run across on the trail while wearing them chuckle, also my good friend wheels his uncut full size suburban ,,,hard,,, and has a huge yellow sticker on the back that says "when i grow up i want to be a jeep"..
he gets honks and thumbs up from jeepers alot with that.
yeah its brand loyalty, just remember with a cruiser all you really need is a small lift and some tires to play with a 20K jeep ;)

I never thought of it from a perspective of non-jeep owner constantly seeing that stupid "it's a jeep thing you wouldnt understand" saying.

The main reason I've been geeked up over this club thing is because I always have the only Cruiser in a sea of Jeeps. I've come to realize that the only reason my Jeep buddies tolerate me is cause I'm always there to pull them outwhen they get stuck or break. It's mostly good natured ribbing really but that "Nice Jeep" comment from the clown in his TJ at the pump across the way just gets under my skin. I've always wanted to get "TOYOTA, BECAUSE I DO UNDERSTAND" sticker for the 40.

Yeah, and another thing with J**ps, is that they're so RARE! When you go out wheeling, you'll never see a j**p, I mean you get Cruisers, Scouts and Unimogs out the wa-zoo! But hardly ever j**ps. Plus they're such a pain to get parts for. If you can't get parts for something in Wal-Mart, it's a piece of crap, why have it? To get stuff for j**ps you have to go to an icky parts store, like Napa!!

I just noticed this thread and wanted to let you guys know that the Az LCA club is alive and well. The website is being revived and membership is growing.

Here is the temporary site so you have some info and a view of the club runs we are doing.

http://www.cruiserland.com/AZLCA/default.htm

[quote author=crash link=board=27;threadid=4477;start=msg125230#msg125230 date=1079985026]
I just noticed this thread and wanted to let you guys know that the Az LCA club is alive and well. The website is being revived and membership is growing.

Here is the temporary site so you have some info and a view of the club runs we are doing.

http://www.cruiserland.com/AZLCA/default.htm
[/quote]

Hope you guys plan on having a message board.

hey crash, we know, well most of us know the AZtlca club is alive. I for one am looking for something a little different. maybe a club with runs geared more towards camping and fishing destinations, in addition to the regular day runs down some fairly short in/out trail.

signed
freelance 4 wheeler

Here Here for the camping! We got a ’62 because it’s big enough for us, our dogs, and our gear – not to mention that it will get us damn near anywhere!!! And if the trip has a boulder field to navigate along the way, so much the better ;)

I want in!!!! sounds like a good club foundations i can be more involved after my EMT class. also if the meatings are going to be on the weekends keep in mind any National Guard members will be at drill on the first weekend of the month.

I am....so in with you bud. I too have had trouble in being a TLCA member in the phoenix area, and have any REAL club functions, or "Virtual" club. Count me in if this gets off the ground.

FJ40LVR said:
I am....so in with you bud. I too have had trouble in being a TLCA member in the phoenix area, and have any REAL club functions, or "Virtual" club. Count me in if this gets off the ground.

It's "off the ground" and the next meet is tonight in Tempe.:D

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=21032

Went to Mexico for a week, came back and found this, and thought I was in a time warp! Whew! That was strange for a moment.:beer:

So...hmm...but we arn't a chapter of the TLCA. Right?

And when I mentioned donating a club membership to the blueribbon or TLCA for the club people seemed to think it was premature and too much BS.

Sorry, I am just a little confused, but I am having one of those confused days so it could just be me.

This is an OLD thread Rob, before there was a CSC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom