Arizona TLCA chapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes. Definately. Even if it's just the few of us on here and on AZCruisers Yahoo! Group. Still beats nothing anyday.
Now, if I could just get a secondary diaphragm housing for my 2F carb I can actualy drive the Cruiser to the meetings. :D

For any of you that want to join in on some of the So. NV LC runs let me know. I imagine the guys in Flagstaff, Sedona, and other areas of No. AZ are only 2-3 hours away. We normally post some info about dates and location of runs on our website at www.snlc.org. The contact address on the site hits my email and I usually reply within a day or two.

For those on the south end of AZ, IIRC there was a small group/club already organized. Check the LCML archives, I believe John and Heather Hocker may have been involved with it. Not 100% sure of it though. ???

[quote author=-Gyp- link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg102448#msg102448 date=1076397086]
For any of you that want to join in on some of the So. NV LC runs let me know. I imagine the guys in Flagstaff, Sedona, and other areas of No. AZ are only 2-3 hours away. We normally post some info about dates and location of runs on our website at www.snlc.org. The contact address on the site hits my email and I usually reply within a day or two.

For those on the south end of AZ, IIRC there was a small group/club already organized. Check the LCML archives, I believe John and Heather Hocker may have been involved with it. Not 100% sure of it though. ???
[/quote]

Chapter Hijacker!!!!!!

:flipoff2:

One of these days I'll make it back to a meeting..

But I want to bring the cruiser and it needs to have the rear suspension finished ;)

At least try to make it to the club picnic this year, Mace. We may need you just in case the grills run out of fuel :doh:

[quote author=-Gyp- link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg103093#msg103093 date=1076481794]
At least try to make it to the club picnic this year, Mace. We may need you just in case the grills run out of fuel :doh:
[/quote]

:flipoff2:

I think it would be great to start (restart) a local club, hopefully TLCA chapter but let's start small and see what happens!

A few ideas if anyone's interested:

You must have a 4x4 Toyota (Cruisers of any vintage, Trucks, 4Runners) but no "car-based" ie Highlander or those old funky 4x4 wagons). Frankly I think the idea of being "Land Cruiser exclusive" is just dumb... it's in my opinion what made the AZLCA flounder and die... Plus I have both a FJ40 and a 4Runner and I wheel both of them.

It would be nice to be informal at first (Arizona Virtual Jeep Club comes to mind... they have a great following, very active website with LOTS of posted runs and they don't have an actual "club"

If it's a real club and dues are collected, etc let's use the money to fight the greenies, keep a dialog open with the Arizona BLM, donate to Blue Ribbon, etc.
Freebies during club events and or meetings could be "raffle style".

Anyone else?

I'm totaly down for some TLC action. My 40 should be back together this month and i'm plannin on a busy (lots of wheelin) late March or April for certain. I've gotta get some wheelin in before it gets too hot. I'm also very interested in club involvement. Please put me on any contact listthat is made. Shoot me an e-mail for all of my personal info.

Branden

[quote author=BMAN link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg109173#msg109173 date=1077575990]
I'm totaly down for some TLC action. My 40 should be back together this month and i'm plannin on a busy (lots of wheelin) late March or April for certain. I've gotta get some wheelin in before it gets too hot. I'm also very interested in club involvement. Please put me on any contact listthat is made. Shoot me an e-mail for all of my personal info.

Branden
[/quote]

Cool! You going to the Toyota 4Runner (All Toyotas are welcome) Jamboree? It's April 23-25 in Johnson Valley, CA. Sick trails, great fun, food, and Mickey Bombs!
For infor go to www.tinbenders.org to sign up.

Woo! More interest. :)
I agree wholeheartedly on the inclusion of non-LC Toyx4s.
Maybe we could make it "any Toyota 4x4 with a factory 2-speed transfer case" or something like that?
I also agree with the idea of a virtual club. Not necessarily to the exclusion of a real club, as I really want the face-to-face aspect of a real club. But I have seen the success of virtual clubs firsthand. And I think the two can go hand in hand quite well. We have the resources right here at ih8mud.com to start it up.
Man, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking that this could be the beginning of a new club right here. :)

Just a suggestion but I think the weeknight meetings are a killer for clubs. I know I for one work until 5 every night plus I have a 1+ hour commute home. Dinner and some family time and it's late thirty before I could ever think about me-time during the week. I believe that a once a month meeting on Saturday afternoon or early evening would work out well. This could also coincide with a "Cruiser Cruise" (not being biased but you get the idea) to the Scottsdale Pavillions car show. I also agree that the all Toy 4x4 route is the best one with maybe a LC division down the road for TLCA Charter membership. Just throwin out ideas here.

How about a rotating meeting schedule?
One month, hold it on a Sat afternoon, next month, a weeknight, next month a Sunday, etc.
Or two meetings per month. A formal one at a pre-determined time and a second, informal one to be announced a couple of weeks ahead of time. This could encourage more participation, as the informal meeting would be a group decision.
Also just tossing ideas into the fire. :D
I also like the idea of an umbrella club, encompassing all of AZ, with "sub-clubs" for regions or vehicles. Have the umbrella club meet twice a year, and plan some larger event, while the "sub-clubs" would hold regular monthly meetings and smaller events. I think it'd be easier for people in outlying areas to only have to make it to a single meeting in PHX or Tucson or Flag every 6 months and still maintain membership in a more local club. Individuals would pay dues to their local club, and the local clubs would set aside a certain amount yearly for the umbrella club.

I'm kinda digging the regional thing but not too sure of how it really would work. I guess it's all logistics really. Just thinkin about the possability of having other LC's to wheel with has got me itching to get my truck back together.

Was thinking about this all last night. Not an all encompasing name but how about "Copper State Cruisers" ? We really should get this rolling.

I would like to chime in on this. Now that I am back from my year stint in Vegas, I would like to get in with a club. Two friends of mine (a Lexus 450 & an FJ62) went to the AZ TLCA meeting a week or two ago at Scott Toyota. Both joined. I am still holding out due to some of the rumors. I guess the President or one of the board memebers is going to be a neighbor once I get into my new house in Mesa. I would like to run into him and find out the true story. I am about to get really busy with work but am up for whatever.

Where in Mesa? If you don't mind me askin.

[quote author=BMAN link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg111107#msg111107 date=1077826932]
Was thinking about this all last night. Not an all encompasing name but how about "Copper State Cruisers" ? We really should get this rolling.
[/quote]

Can you join if you are a member of another club?

[quote author=BMAN link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg111107#msg111107 date=1077826932]
[/quote]

We think alike. :D
I started designing a website for a potential club a few months ago when this thread started. I was torn between two names, "Copper State Cruisers" and "Dry Wash Land Cruisers".

[quote author=Mace link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg111467#msg111467 date=1077856868]
Can you join if you are a member of another club?

[/quote]

If you have the time to devote to more than one club, or you have other 4x4s besides Toyotas, I don't see why not.
This is a club, not a prison. :)

CACTUS CRUISERS?

I would also say that Multi-Club-Membership is an ok thing. I don't see any reason that it would be bad as long as you had the time to do it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom