Arizona TLCA chapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
Speaking of growing TLCA:

I have queried the LCML with few responses as to the current status of AZLCA; the emails I've sent to members I have yet from whom to hear back. I heard there were some `political' things going on there. As I've just moved to PHX I don't know anything about this so don't want to bring up bad subjects.

So: if anyone is in AZ and would like to think about revitalizing a chapter or even creating a collony of cruiser owners and becoming a chapter (even if virtual for a while) please do email me as I miss the help and advice and opportunities I had in Rising Sun in DEN.

--
Scott Jensen
3FJ40, FZJ80
mailto:2f@usa.com

Scott...

I just wanted to comment here and let you know that I have been watching this thread (thread - let I guess with only your one post) and am surprised no one has chimed in.

There have been a lot of inquiries and most often, just takes one person to take the lead or as I like to say 'Step up to the plate'.

You know you'll have my full support and help should the need arise.

thanks!

[quote author=TRT2 link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg34825#msg34825 date=1061828584]
am surprised no one has chimed in.
[/quote]

I think there is/was a bad taste in people's mouth conerning things here. I am still unaware and it's probably best for me to remain as such. I will be stepping up to the plate, even if it's just on-deck until I generate at least a few interested.

Any formal documentation you could provide me, bylaws of which I/we could use as a base, TLCA requirements for collonies prior to becoming a chapter, et cetera would be of utmost help. I'll email you directly for these things.

As per those in FLG, would definetely love to have everyone we could, monthly meetings in Sedona? 8) Anyway, must there be a physical quorum, or can it be a virtual quorum considering the distance between possible members?

Don't be concerned with TLCA chapter status at first, get a strong club or group of guys going first, then approach that one.
As Tony has said more than once, better to have a strong local club first.
Butch

thanks Texican...

Scott... I can give you all kinds of advice and help (as many others here) about starting a Club. I can even help you find other TLCA members in your area... But I will pose to you to start a club that can stand the test of time, then see if your members want to be a TLCA chapter. You may find out that they don't and thats OK. I'd rather have a vibrant healthy club that is positive towards TLCA than a full on chapter that fizzles after you run out of energy.

Here is a brief list to get the juices flowing...
first, talk to other club contacts and see whats working and whats not. I learned a lot of good stuff from, of all things, the Harley club. That is where I learned about the 50/50 raffle. also, MTA helped me a lot with the bonehead award.

Next, ask me for local member info. You must be responsible with this info, we only provide it to help start a club.
Next, set a date and location for first get together. Then send flier to the contacts you have about the first get together, do not call... mail.
then have your first get together and be prepared for a group of excited folks, tell them what you're doing and then ask them if they want to form a club. I can assure it will be yes, because if they are not interested, they would not have come.

after that, the work begins. name, logo, meetings, by laws, etc. You'll also find the few that are going to step up to the plate. There are two kinds, ones that are full of piss and vinegar but falter shortly and others who volunteer and end up going on and on and on like the energizer bunny.

After 6 months to a year, ask them about being a TLCA chapter. You may find your membership to include many non Toyota trucks and everyone likes it like that. Thats alright.

advice. do not burden members with extensive join requirements, unless you want a small club. Be sure to generate some sort of communication and be consistent. That is, if a newsletter, make sure one goes out each month or on schedule. Be open to all runs, there is no right or wrong run. If someone wants to lead one, let them. If no one shows, don't do it again. ( I offered a horseshoe tournament once, no one showed up but me... no more horseshoe tournies, too bad cause I love horseshoes.)

Try to spread the load, do not do everything yourself. also, if you take the lead, plan for being active for 5 years at least. It just seems to work that way, if you try to hand off the reigns (which is good) and not continue, it will probably falter.

Join in and support other clubs and events in your area. This helps your club in the long run.
Initiate a major event that you do yearly. It can be small, but something your club does each year. Start small but continue... if you call it, they will come.

have fun. keep it fun. make it fun. let others have the fun even if you have to work. I know personally it has come back to me 10 fold.

well, in my typical long winded style, there you go. and thanks!

Scott,

I did the same as you. I found the AZ TLCA’s website and saw that it was inactive. I emailed all of the members listed. I only got one reply and I would not call it polite. I would love to help out anyway needed to re-start a club.

Scott Jackson
d.scott.jackson@cox.net

[quote author=dsjackson link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg36621#msg36621 date=1062301479]
I would love to help out anyway needed to re-start a club.
[/quote]

Fantastic. I'm adding you to my informal list to contact. I'll be sending something out very soon and look forward to hearing everyone's comments. Thanks! :D

The local AZ chapter meets at Scott Toyota on Thomas and Scottsdale road -2nd thursday every month. Annual dues are $40. They do schedule offroad trips and some over nighters. Alot of 80s and a good knowledgeable group of guys. I attended one meeting last year, but plan on joining in the next few months.
Brad Musil is the major contact there, cant remember the other officers of the group. I agree the site sucks and should be updated, especially for such a great state to be offroading and exploring!

Chris
94LC
Scottsdale

[quote author=AZcruiser link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg41641#msg41641 date=1063690342]
...I attended one meeting last year...
[/quote]

I have tried contacting several members of the club but havn't had any luck to date from any response. What time last year did you make it to a meeting? I have tried getting in contact with several emails I received but havn't heard back at all. I am unaware if they are still active. They are not listed on the TLCA site...

Hi!
I wanna help. :D
I don't have much free time. :-\
I don't have any money. :doh:
My Cruiser doesn't run. :'(
I can't work on it. (It's my apartment complex and shop, :flipoff2: not lack of skills/tools. I'm a mechanic. :banana:)
I can't make the Thursday meetings. :(
But I'll do whatever I can. :cheers:

I've been down the same path. Recently been introduced to Land Cruisers and searched for a local club. Found the defunct AZ TLCA site plus a mostly inactive yahoo groups list.

Also, I have been searching for my first cruiser for 7 months with no success. I'm looking for a 94-97 80 with lockers of course. If anyone has a lead let me know.

I've been a heep owner for years and have gotten tired of the rockcrawling thing and now am more focused on expedition or extended weekend type travels(hence the desire to buy an 80). I would love to meet up with other LC owners who have the same interest.

I'm located in the Sedona area ( when I am not working in San Diego) would like to get out there with others when I am around.... Post back if anything is happening

After a little while away due to the most joyous addition to my family (my baby boy in November) it is time to get my a$$ in gear and get some things accomplished! I will renew my contacts and post here. I did set up a Yahoo! groups for this. I will be sending invitations out if y'all have your emails listed in your profile.

[quote author=Lars link=board=10;threadid=4477;start=msg49110#msg49110 date=1065717841]
gotten tired of the rockcrawling thing and now am more focused on expedition or extended weekend
[/quote]

I as well. I love crawling Moab, but like the actual `destination' to wheeling, what I call aptly ``destination wheeling!'' ;)

Mazel tov!

I'm still game to help get this thing off the ground. And Yashica (my fiancee) has said she'd like to help too. I even started working on a new website for a potential new club. I went to Scott Toyota the first Thu of Dec and no one else showed up. :/

I, too, am a 'destination wheeler as much as I am a 'go through /that/' wheeler. My long term plans for the 60 have it set up as an expedition vehicle worthy of Africa and Australia.

I have been away from this forum and the LCML since about August. I have always been interested in getting something going in Arizona.

Sadly I haven't been doing much lately as I am out of work, and because of that I am also out of money.

I am in Tucson, and would be happy to help in anyway I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom