80 Series Group Buy - LED Light Bars (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW, we have special brackets that we made to fit light bars to the shortbus bumper. They are designed for the 14" Rigid we sell, but might work with other lights with a stud on the end. It has some adjustment.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_lights_led.htm

found the link! can you please post up and comment on which bracket should work with the shortbus bumper in the picture? I would guess we should use the 13.5 inch bar?

Noah

Hows would this look/work in your opinion?

FJ80

1. 42inch spot roof line or Enti rack
1. XXinch?? flood middle of ARB bumper (not sure of fit for this one, older style ARB bumper)
4. 10W flood pods for Entin rack corners, side lighting.
2. 16W 2x2 for rear facing on Enti rack

Put me down for a 21" spot

I have two ideas and would like to know the actual dimensions of the housings. First idea is for (2) 2x2 pods mounted in the grill here;

image-2518997020.jpg

image-2700401.jpg

Second is to mount the 7.5" here

image-916920355.jpg

image-1935459936.jpg

I need dimensions to see if I can pull either of them off.

Also, is it possible to get (3) 2x2 pods? I had a tab built on my bumper for a light and would like to put it to use! (Price dictating)

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-2518997020.jpg

image-2700401.jpg

image-916920355.jpg

image-1935459936.jpg

Hows would this look/work in your opinion?

FJ80

1. 42inch spot roof line or Enti rack
1. XXinch?? flood middle of ARB bumper (not sure of fit for this one, older style ARB bumper)
4. 10W flood pods for Entin rack corners, side lighting.
2. 16W 2x2 for rear facing on Enti rack

The 42" I have one my roof rack (spot) puts out enough light that I really could just drive by that. The penetration is spectacular. As for the bumper mounted bar, if you can fit a 32" I would go that route, there are some places where I can't turn the 42" on due to road signs (reflection off them is just too much). The 32" is great for dark on-ramps and populated areas where there are a lot of hills. The roof of a vehicle is the first thing in site going over a long crest. I have ran the 42" on hilly roads and by the time I see the oncoming car the 42" has been blasting them in the face. The 32" bumper mount is much easier to avoid blinding people. Sometimes it's just nice to have a vast amount of light without hood glare as well. The 10W pods are perfect for side lighting. I have them on the rear of my roof rack and couldn't imagine backing up/camping without them. They are also small enough to mount under the rack, which allows me to fit in garages without smashing them. The 2X2's would be nice for rear lighting, but you will most likely have to mount them ontop of the rack, or use a drop mount (LabRak) to mount them lower. I'm not too familiar with the Enti Rack, so if you'd like to post a few measurements and/or pictures that would be great. I can take a few measurements for you and let you know.

I have two ideas and would like to know the actual dimensions of the housings. First idea is for (2) 2x2 pods mounted in the grill here;

View attachment 702078

View attachment 702079

Second is to mount the 7.5" here

View attachment 702081

View attachment 702082

I need dimensions to see if I can pull either of them off.

Also, is it possible to get (3) 2x2 pods? I had a tab built on my bumper for a light and would like to put it to use! (Price dictating)

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I will get exact measurements for you tonight, of the 7.5" and 2X2's with pictures. I just have to grab my measuring tape. I don't have a 7.5" on hand, so I will post some measurements off my spec sheet.

All PM's replied too.

js93cruiser- you have a PM inbound.

Nic,

Going to need one for a photos on this FJC and ill see if my Toyota dealer will buy one as we're setting up two FJC's for their grand opening.

image-1756773839.jpg

If you can snap a pic of the 7.5 and 13.5 that would be awesome.

For those interested the light tab holes holes on an 80 series ARB are approximately 19.25" C-C. And the verticals are approx 26" or 28" apart so it looks like the 21" bar will go in but you will have to fab a plate to span the holes and give you the extra width needed to mount the light bar. The good thing about the ARB light tabs is they are lower than the top of the cross-bar so a piece of bar stock painted gloss black will hide nicely.

I am still measuring some things, but had a quick question. On my DD I have a bumper that I am "modifying" and am debating on a pair of 2x2 pods or a bar. For just adding some additional light for long rural roads would the pods suffice? Or should I try to work in a couple of 7.5" bars.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks!

32" is too wide for bumper. It will have to be the 21" with a custom mount. Or a custom 28":)

I guess for the rear I will go 10W as well, to mount underneath rack like you recommend.

The 42" I have one my roof rack (spot) puts out enough light that I really could just drive by that. The penetration is spectacular. As for the bumper mounted bar, if you can fit a 32" I would go that route, there are some places where I can't turn the 42" on due to road signs (reflection off them is just too much). The 32" is great for dark on-ramps and populated areas where there are a lot of hills. The roof of a vehicle is the first thing in site going over a long crest. I have ran the 42" on hilly roads and by the time I see the oncoming car the 42" has been blasting them in the face. The 32" bumper mount is much easier to avoid blinding people. Sometimes it's just nice to have a vast amount of light without hood glare as well. The 10W pods are perfect for side lighting. I have them on the rear of my roof rack and couldn't imagine backing up/camping without them. They are also small enough to mount under the rack, which allows me to fit in garages without smashing them. The 2X2's would be nice for rear lighting, but you will most likely have to mount them ontop of the rack, or use a drop mount (LabRak) to mount them lower. I'm not too familiar with the Enti Rack, so if you'd like to post a few measurements and/or pictures that would be great. I can take a few measurements for you and let you know.

I will get exact measurements for you tonight, of the 7.5" and 2X2's with pictures. I just have to grab my measuring tape. I don't have a 7.5" on hand, so I will post some measurements off my spec sheet.

All PM's replied too.

js93cruiser- you have a PM inbound.

Can you post pictures of each light? You have several mentioned on the front page that don't have corresponding pictures.

BTW, I was considering building myself a set but the housing and designing the heat sink was going to be costly. The cost of the LED's and drivers aren't too bad by themselves.

For anyone that doesn't know, this really is a fantastic option for offroad aux lighting and the wide range of options are incredible. Once I decide what I want, I will be putting in an order.

For the 16W 2X2, is that 1000 lumens per 2x2 or 2000 total lumens for the pair?

I will be answering all PM/Emails and posts this evening. Thanks for all the interest and orders.

Friend wanted to see everything on last night. This is the 32", and 42", 2X2 in spot. All on

image-2721972839.jpg

image-3004498053.jpg

image-4229574514.jpg

Last edited:
I will be answering all PM/Emails and posts this evening. Thanks for all the interest and orders.

Friend wanted to see everything on last night. This is the 32", and 42", 2X2 in spot. All on

Holy s*** Batman!! :eek: Why do I feel like I just got pulled over after looking at those pics.

Jon,

With that combination you will be adding 4,700 lumens to the front. That is going to increase your light output quite a lot. Pairing the 13.5" with two 2X2's angled outwards is going to give you a very wide angle. That setup is going to be able to penetrate 300ft+, while consuming 6.88amps they will still use less than your low beams and provide twice the amount of light. For the smaller light bars I recommend a spot beam.

Wouldn't that be:

1000 + 1000 + 5280 = 7280 Lumens not 4700?

Surely that isn't the difference in the Cree vs. the Epistar leds, if so that is insane.

Nic,

Going to need one for a photos on this FJC and ill see if my Toyota dealer will buy one as we're setting up two FJC's for their grand opening.

Gotcha!

If you can snap a pic of the 7.5 and 13.5 that would be awesome.

I don't have them on hand. I wish I did have pictures for you.

For those interested the light tab holes holes on an 80 series ARB are approximately 19.25" C-C. And the verticals are approx 26" or 28" apart so it looks like the 21" bar will go in but you will have to fab a plate to span the holes and give you the extra width needed to mount the light bar. The good thing about the ARB light tabs is they are lower than the top of the cross-bar so a piece of bar stock painted gloss black will hide nicely.

I am still measuring some things, but had a quick question. On my DD I have a bumper that I am "modifying" and am debating on a pair of 2x2 pods or a bar. For just adding some additional light for long rural roads would the pods suffice? Or should I try to work in a couple of 7.5" bars.

Thanks

I typically would suggest a single light on the front. When you have two, you tend to have two different beam patterns. This leaves a dark spot in the middle of your foreground. Depending on the light source (HID,LED,Halogen) it can be a mild dark spot, or a massive dark spot. With the 2X2's I have noticed a darkspot that is roughly 3' wide and extends about 15ft before they form one beam pattern. I would fit the largest unit you can on the front of your rig, this will eliminate any dark spots. If you are looking for long range lighting, the 2X2's aren't your answer.

16W 2X2:
-4 Cree LED’s
-1.34 Amp Draw
-12V-24V
-30* Flood
-5* Spot.
-1000 Lumens
$75 per pair

I'll take a pair of these

PM Sent.

Thanks!

32" is too wide for bumper. It will have to be the 21" with a custom mount. Or a custom 28":)

I guess for the rear I will go 10W as well, to mount underneath rack like you recommend.

You will love them for rack lighting! I use mine more than I thought.

Can you post pictures of each light? You have several mentioned on the front page that don't have corresponding pictures.

BTW, I was considering building myself a set but the housing and designing the heat sink was going to be costly. The cost of the LED's and drivers aren't too bad by themselves.

For anyone that doesn't know, this really is a fantastic option for offroad aux lighting and the wide range of options are incredible. Once I decide what I want, I will be putting in an order.

Good observation, the reason I don't have pictures of all the sizes is this: I never planned on a group buy, I spent several months improving the design, once I was happy I let the design go. This whole project was fueled because I didn't want to enter the "paying back loans" group. Working with them and helping them helped that goal. With that said I wasn't going to get back into the business, however the LED Light Bar thread caused quite a bit of interest and resulted in filling up my PM inbox in less than 24 hours. I figured I would do a one time group buy for the MUD community and possibly keep my connection open for any future interest if one wants to purchase a few. However the prices will be higher due to shipping from China to me/them. At the moment I only have pictures of the 42", 32", 2X2, 21.5", and the 10W pods.

I'm in, will pm soon with order. Thanks

Awesome. Thanks!

For the 16W 2X2, is that 1000 lumens per 2x2 or 2000 total lumens for the pair?

2000 per pair @ a full 12V. If you wire them into a OEM circuit, your lumen count will be slightly less as a dedicated fog lamp circuit puts out right around 9.6V. I have my 2X2's tied into the OEM fog light circuit on the 100 and they are not as bright as they would be on a dedicated 12V relay harness pulling direct from the battery. You can run a fused hot wire from your battery into a simple 2-way switch incab and that will provide a full 12V with absolutely no drain from the vehicles electronics. This is how I run all my lights right now. It uses 2 wires, rather than 5 wires for a relay harness. It's simple, cheap, easy to fix if something goes wrong, and just plain easy to install for those who hook the red to black.

Wouldn't that be:

1000 + 1000 + 5280 = 7280 Lumens not 4700?

That number was calculated before I changed the lumen ratings for the Cree LED's.

Surely that isn't the difference in the Cree vs. the Epistar leds, if so that is insane.

Yep, changing from the Epistar 3W to the Cree 3W drastically improved the lumen count per LED, and also improved the efficiency.

Edit: Internet went down earlier, could not reply to all emails.

Last edited:
I can see it now, every LED guy in America that has these things for sale will be copying my info and posting it...this is the original post...the first post with this information.

Well in that case, I need to get in on this!
I'm putting a ARB bumper on this week, so I'll have to decide which lights to get before the 12th...
2x2s for the fog light recesses for sure, but I think I need a bar too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom