80 Series Group Buy - LED Light Bars (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In for a 13.5" Spot. What doyou think about utilizing two of the 2x2s as well, angling both out a bit for a bit better spread and cornering illumination.

Jon,

With that combination you will be adding 4,700 lumens to the front. That is going to increase your light output quite a lot. Pairing the 13.5" with two 2X2's angled outwards is going to give you a very wide angle. That setup is going to be able to penetrate 300ft+, while consuming 6.88amps they will still use less than your low beams and provide twice the amount of light. For the smaller light bars I recommend a spot beam.

So I have two weeks to decide what I want. Quick question, how do the single pods mount? And is the 1100lm and 850lm are per pair or each light?

I need to measure the tabs on the ARB and the bumper I have for my pickup.

So I have two weeks to decide what I want. Quick question, how do the single pods mount? And is the 1100lm and 850lm are per pair or each light?

I need to measure the tabs on the ARB and the bumper I have for my pickup.

The lumen rating is per unit. So a pair will be twice the lumen count (for the 10W and 2X2's).

So the 13.5 is the closest fit for the Slee BlueBerry to fit it inside the hoop?

In for a 13.5" Spot. What doyou think about utilizing two of the 2x2s as well, angling both out a bit for a bit better spread and cornering illumination. The 13.5 would mount under the hoop on the slee and the 2x2s on top on the light brackets.

that is exactly what I am thinking of doing.....

I would prefer a wider beam pattern than a long one

As for those of you following this, or reading up on this group buy:

A few changes have been made to the light bars, as of now the prices are going to remain. However I feel that you guys will like these a little bit more...as some of you know I have been working with them (not selling...designing) and their design team over in China (that is where they are made). Over the past several months I have been giving them feedback, and assisting in the development and testing, specifically in the optics and housings.

So with that said...the changes are:

3W Cree Chips (XPG-
Different LED Drivers
8* Spot beam (V3 of my design, they chose a V5 which was 12*)
Integrated end cap
Polycarbonate Lens
Side mounted cables (vs center mount)

The 42" light bar that is using the Epistar LED's puts out a total of 14,400 lumens. The 42" bar with the new LED's puts out 17,600 lumens, while using the same draw, and a tighter beam pattern. I will be pulling the lumen ratings off the first post, and updating the entire sheet tomorrow.

There are a few more changes that I missed, I need to get the spec sheet so I can post up the proper information for you guys and photo's.

So the 13.5 is the closest fit for the Slee BlueBerry to fit it inside the hoop?

Jon and I were talking over Facebook and it seems like the 13.5" is the only size that will fit inside, he sent me several pictures of the 100 Series Slee front bumper and I'll be looking into it further tomorrow. I will continue to talk with Jon and take some more measurements to confirm.

Could you give examples of situations where you would use a 16w over a 10w pod or vice versa?

I use the 2X2's in my fog light, places where you need more distant out of a smaller unit. The 16W is great for a spot light for something in the woods, the 10W pod is better for camp sites, backing up, or general roof rack mounted lights as they are smaller and draw less power than the 2X2's. Leaving the 10W pods on at camp to set up the tents, cook, or talk with people is what they are for.

(P.S: I've been creepin the 80 threads...damn you guys...make me want an 80)

Last edited:
Anyone planning using the 21" option in ARB bumper .. to see all mounting alternatives out there ..

X2.... any chance to see the 21"in action on an ARB.. flood n spot?

thanks for doing this !!!!

Glad to see a substantial response to your work, Nick.

I, too, am interested in a 20" spot bar for my bull bar. Not sure our 50" bar mounting idea is feasible with my rack-less 80 and I'd really like something to add serious throw to my already awesome headlight setup. Was looking at the ARB Intensity LEDs, also. I'd prefer LED over a HID/Xenon (Hella 4000i Xenon, for example) because I'll probably be flicking them off and on (mainly used in the backcountry mountain/desert, but still public forest/county roads) and from my understanding, true racing lights of that sort aren't meant to be toggled off and on repeatedly.

Of course, I'm not desert racing, either... I'd just like to be able to see as far as possible in the pitch black.

Neither 13.5 or 21.5 are going to bolt in directly unfortunately. The Slee Short bus tabs are 9.75"/247.65. The 13.5" has a mounting space of 15.96/405.5mm. The 21.5" has a mounting space of 23.99"/605.5mm. Either of those options are going to require either tabs welded on.

FWIW, we have special brackets that we made to fit light bars to the shortbus bumper. They are designed for the 14" Rigid we sell, but might work with other lights with a stud on the end. It has some adjustment.

Wow, I want one of these bad boys! Is there any way you can show the light out put for the 7.5" bar the same way you did for the small 2x2's?

In your opinion, would it be better to run the set of small square lights or the 7.5" bar up front?

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

2000UZJ said:
(P.S: I've been creepin the 80 threads...damn you guys...make me want an 80)

Come to the dark side!!!
Pun intended.
Email sent

Has anyone replaced a rack faring with a light bar? I am curious what, if any, difference you feel, and more importantly, that you hear with the faring gone and replaced with a light bar?

Also, just curious what kind of mount, if any, the small single and quad pods come with.

I would like to know more about the 7.5" vs the small pods too. The 13.5 would fit perfect on my tube bumper but I can't justify the extra coin.

X2.... any chance to see the 21"in action on an ARB.. flood n spot?

thanks for doing this !!!!

I will try to get over to Dan Kunz's house and take some photographs of this 21.5" double row we mounted a few weeks ago. I do think I have some photo's on my iPhone. I will post in a minute if I can find them.

+1 Will they mount on, say a rear single hole antenna mount?

The single pods and 2X2's will mount on a antenna mount just fine, however you may want to take measurements and post up, they may be too deep and hit the body if the mounting hole is close to the body.

Glad to see a substantial response to your work, Nick.

I, too, am interested in a 20" spot bar for my bull bar. Not sure our 50" bar mounting idea is feasible with my rack-less 80 and I'd really like something to add serious throw to my already awesome headlight setup. Was looking at the ARB Intensity LEDs, also. I'd prefer LED over a HID/Xenon (Hella 4000i Xenon, for example) because I'll probably be flicking them off and on (mainly used in the backcountry mountain/desert, but still public forest/county roads) and from my understanding, true racing lights of that sort aren't meant to be toggled off and on repeatedly.

Of course, I'm not desert racing, either... I'd just like to be able to see as far as possible in the pitch black.

Thanks Corrigan!

Has anyone replaced a rack faring with a light bar? I am curious what, if any, difference you feel, and more importantly, that you hear with the faring gone and replaced with a light bar?

Also, just curious what kind of mount, if any, the small single and quad pods come with.

I mounted my 42" right above the fairing, I didn't notice any additional noise. I have thought about mounting it a little lower and deleting the fairing but I am a little concerned about the wind noise. The light bar is flat on the front and probably won't deflect air up and over the face of the rack like a fairing does. One could source a long sheet of clear plastic/lexan and mount the light bar right behind the clear fairing.

I would like to know more about the 7.5" vs the small pods too. The 13.5 would fit perfect on my tube bumper but I can't justify the extra coin.

If you are looking for something that is small, compact and easy to mount I would go with the 2X2's. If you want a little more output, and one beam pattern projecting forward I would suggest the 7.5" or 13.5". One single light bar is going to produce more light than the 2X2's. If you can fit a light bar, I would highly reccomend it over the 2X2's for a better beam pattern, and further light penetration.

Also, I am able to get the Cree LED's at the same price as the Epistar version, so I'll be making changes in the original post to reflect the changes.

Edit: Original post updated to reflect changes. All units are now Cree :)

Last edited:
FWIW, we have special brackets that we made to fit light bars to the shortbus bumper. They are designed for the 14" Rigid we sell, but might work with other lights with a stud on the end. It has some adjustment.

sweet Christo! do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom