40/40 Vision (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First, where the hell are all the cupholder threads?? :flipoff2:

Been busy, this morning installing a hi-tech, hi-fi, Bluetooth stereo system.

image.jpg

Doesn't sound too bad, to be honest, but hoping for a more elegant solution in the Tuffy, but would like to get the OE working, since all the radio I listen to is AM.

Need antenna, figure out whatever power issues I've got, since lighter nor 12V plug function, either.

Steering is high on the agenda, too.

I don't know if PS is necessary, but Allan sent all for a mini truck set up. Already have all the links, center arm "Kit", everything available for the Pig, except manual gearbox kit, that won't be used, and think all is the same for both platforms.

PS is really helpful in the parking lot and other high-traction conditions - you won't "need" it for anything else - as long as the truck is moving, manual steering works just fine - I've driven my 40 manual for almost 10 years :meh:

and before I forget: blue is faster :steer: :cheers:

PS is really helpful in the parking lot and other high-traction conditions - you won't "need" it for anything else - as long as the truck is moving, manual steering works just fine - I've driven my 40 manual for almost 10 years :meh:

Even slow speed it's not too much effort, confirmed by Mrs. D who drove the 4 mile block yesterday.

Regardless that I was scared chitless, with her excessive speed, rates I had not even attained yet, coupled with the loose(r than her GX. ;) @allan man) steering, all while contemplating how I would ever explain to Allan and the world, totaling the new family member in the first day of driving.....

she appeared even sexier, piloting the 40, and I don't even know how it's possible to add to the aura that already exudes.

Good to know I'm not aging/deteriorating in, at least, one department. :)

and before I forget: blue is faster :steer: :cheers:

Hit 65mph, this morning on the way back from the foray around Leonard Mountain!!

I know I'll be ridiculed, but she screams for fifth at speeds that I couid feasibly see on a routine basis.

I don't know what the future holds, guaranteeing nothing beyond a "bolt on, bolt off" methodology, but had expressed desire for an LX H55 and FF rear a few days back, and appears to be coming to fruition, so the option will remain open.

Having self-imposed a personal directive to keep BVB's retirement interesting and full of beneficial activity, I'm just doing my part.

Beautiful truck, what is that paint color? I tried looking at the paint color sheets but was unable to positively identify. Thanks.

^^^ this

Very nice color !

:cheers:

oh, great! now I have to compete with @Delancy for cool 40 parts as they pop up in the for sale section. :censor: Hey Chris I just saw a really cool 80 go up for sale. Yeah, It's right over there. It was all built and the guy is just giving it away. I know I saw it, just keep looking. :flipoff2:

Seriously - Congrats Man! The 40 looks awesome. I got mine when I was 40 as well. Enjoy driving that bad boy!

Do you have something to plug-up the rear when the top if off? Here's a hen's tooth, for you...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/toyota-tailgate-for-sale.852094/

Asked a local to check out, on my behalf, right after posted and I was way down the list of others that had done similar.

I'm undecided on the top....

With a general aversion to drilling holes, it precludes a functional door (as it does a normal top) so have considered the solid in-op gate.

Since bows, gate, and half doors, if opted, should be painted simultaneously, need to make the decision soon, but can't make up my mind.

If history is any indicator, should have it all figured out when snow starts falling.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom