0 to 60 times. How slow/fast is your 80? w/ videos (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

? I'm part time. Maybe you need new tires? I'm lucky to break tires loos in the rain in a straight line...

Come-on you cant roast your tires now that you are part time:confused: are you running premium:idea:

Maybe due to you running 37's

I downloaded it today (free!) And tried it on the way home tonight. I will post a pic of my phone screen in the am. .

DSC00372.jpg

I'm going to have to time mine on my way back home. I doubt I will be much faster than I was before but I can climb a hill with a head wind like nothing. I need to feed mine more fuel. My engine is only 180 HP since it came from a auto. Manuals were rated at 210 so I need to do some tinkering. With the manual I also loose all my boost when shifting.

Start of recording is right as I hit the gas.

Isuzu 4bd1t Head gasket is blown and only running 18psi.

Stock gears and 315's 52mph on my speedo is 60mph. So 17-18sec.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Gallardo vs the new 4.88s....they didn't help very much. I will be recording the new 0-60 time pretty soon.

I was wondering today if the shift modification on my trans helped a little. Instead of flaring between gears, it shifts into the next gear immediately
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/improving-transmission-shifting.349909/page-3

The Op of the thread contacted me for a futher mod as seen in post #46.

I dont know how much real time difference in the 0-60 time it would make - at least feels like it does!

First post has been updated with 0-60 video and times with 4.88 gears!

Ok time to play. It was kinda hard to hold phone, watch road and shift so I was kinda clumsy going through the gears. Plus I had to turn on to the highway so it's really not a true 0-60 but you can tell how the Cummins moves. Couldn't find another good spot without traffic to try it again. I also added a 50-70mph in 5th gear video. This is where the Cummins stands out.
97 Land Cruiser
5" total lift on 35's
Cummins 12v 6bt/NV4500/split case
4K governor springs/AFC spring/upgraded fuel plate/ HD valve springs
Temperature high 40's at around 1,400' above sea level

50-70mph

3FE run with stock gears, 33s, ARB, winch and 2.5" OME lift....60 feet above sea level and 70 degrees. Cats removed, smog removed.

Ran between 18.6 and 19 seconds on 4 separate runs.

I'll try to get a video uploaded later. Tough driving, running video and timer.

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole thread so this may have already been posted. Just saw it in the diesel section.

1HD-T powered 80, unknown mods. No internals are available AFAIK so likely upgraded turbo, intercooler, clutch. Looks like ~6 seconds.

Brave guy, I am not brave enough to brake boost and drop it like that. From the brake boost drop to 100km I see 7 seconds on the youtube video. But the only problem is there is no way to know if the truck is stock weight and he could have 5.29 gears and 29" tires for all we know so his 60mph indicated might only be 45mph. lol. In another one of his videos he says it is a ct26 groupA turbo 1hz- Camshaft

your 1HD-T sounds like a gasser .. ( not a bad thing ) and it's pretty fast .. what caught my eye it's the rpm limit .. over 4K my 1HD-T it's just noise and nothing else ..

I did a quick 0-60 run before tearing down for head gasket pm. 245000 miles, early kazuma m90 supercharger, 4.88 gears, 35's, top mount intercooler, stock pulley. I was going up a pretty good hill so maybe that hurt a bit. My speedo has a yellow box and is accurate. By the time I'm moving it is almost at the 1 second point so I am pretty much between 11 and 12 seconds. I definitely would like some more out of it

Also, I put in a quick boost guage to baseline that. It is post intercooler and never goes above 6 psi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom