*** Early FST *** (Factory Soft Top depository) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wish I could find more "candid" pictures like this. Tried to get the full size image but I couldn't explain the broken link to the webmaster.
crossroads11-30-62_p10_1_tn.jpg

Would have been a brand new FJ40 before typhoon Karen 11/30/62.

Internet skills ;)

http://vw1assoc.tripod.com/trial/New-VW-1-web-site/crossroads_nov_62_pg10.html

http://vw1assoc.tripod.com/trial/New-VW-1-web-site/crossroads11-30-62_p10_1_r1.jpg

crossroads11-30-62_p10_1_r1.jpg

Photoshop to reduce jpeg artifacts and moire pattern...

Gaussian blur 2pix
Median 2pix
Unsharp mask 60 4 6
Opacity 90% over original
Very slight level adjustment to bring out the black and white
crossroads11-30-62_p10_1_r1.jpg

Last edited:
got to talking to a buddy, who may have a line on someone to do fab work for me and he wanted me to send over info/pics of what i was looking for. couldn't find these pics anywhere on mud, so adding so they'll be found later....
oem fj25 soft top door frame measurements that mark a. traced out years ago.
25sk1.JPG
25sk2.JPG
25sk3.JPG
25sk4.JPG

good pic of a frame, measurements to the notch where the window stay clips in, along with a computer drawing of the door pieces and info from a pirate thread

"The main tubing of the frame is made from 1/2 x 1/2 tubing.

The channel for the weatherstrip is 1/2 across the back, 1/8 tall, and rolls back in towards the mouth 1/8 on either side.

The main horizontal crossbar is 1.25" tall, 3/4 deep [flush fitted to outside of door, inside tapers down to the 1/2 inch frame in its last 5/8" either end] and rolls in towards the mouth 3/16s, top and bottom. There is a notch about midway in this channel, where the latch for the window passes the crossbar. I forgot to note the exact size and location of the notch.

The upper window channel supports in the main frame are tapered. They are 1/4" at the top and 3/4" at the bottom. The channels supportshave 1/2" of metal on the outside face, 1" of metal on the inside face. The open end of the channel supports faces away from the main window opening."
fj25d-01.JPG
fj25d-05.JPG
Early_Door-asm.jpg
Early_Door-asm Exp.jpg

I have my hands on an early top. Working with my manufacturer to get the pattern made. So plan on lots of questions.

Looking forward to seeing this happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom