*** Early FST *** (Factory Soft Top depository) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
Since we have possiblities for tops made for the early curve door fj40's and fj25's ....

I thought it would be a good idea to put photos and images of factory shots and photos of FST that pertain to the Early FST's

Any images that may be useful for somebody or links to specific information (threads or otherwise) could go here for an easy reference to somebody who was going to attemp to make an Early FST

disclamer.... i do not take credit for alot of this stuff... i have collected alot for years... if its yours .. let me know and i'll credit the pics

THREADS of usefulness (thanks nuclearlemon)
Soft top bow dimensions: https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/336284-early-bows-dimension-fit-check-help.html
Early Soft Top Canvas notes: https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/578326-early-top-construction-notes.html
Last go around: https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/45428-fj25-early-fj40-soft-top-project.html

1st pic 1955
2) from 1960
second to last from wes?
last pic from landpimp

1955_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Canvas_Top_(_FJ25_)_001_0145.jpg

1960 25.jpg

fj25 9 x.jpg

WE1941.JPG

37192703lp.jpg

Last edited:
JohnnyC - I love these threads. I've been driving my 1962 as-is for a few weeks now. In January, I'm taking it down to the frame for a full restoration job. Been having a blast driving it. Anything that will help with the FST replacement is much appreciated. I have photos, but not sure mine will show anything worth while at this point. When I start my tear-down, I'll likely inundate the site with pics. !

this is a great rsource to show the differences in OD coloring...

the 1st shirt is khaki

2nd is OD #3 this is the one most histroians call the 'pea green' .... looks tan in some light and very green in others

3rd is OD #7 ... true od green

khaki and od.jpg

i am begining to think that white was offered earlyer... unless these were replacements later... but they are the screw in windows

I remembered this top, I should have figured you have a pictures saved. Someone can probably date the Dodge pickup better than I can but it's a 93 at the oldest. That would make that top at least thirty years old if it's original. Is it possible the top has faded from the sun in the southwest? With the worst rot on the top makes me think it sat outside for a good part of the that time. I'll compare part numbers from the FJ25 to the 63 FJ40. If there was a color change the part number should have changed.

Did a little digging to day. The canvas part numbers were different 62 than the FJ25. The manual I'm using to cross reference old part number to new work well if you have the new and want the old. Using the 25 new number I was cable to find five different side curtain and four different tops. Some of that could be because of the different type of bows but my July 62 shows no canvas numbers that start FJ25. So it may be design change or color changes. No color is mention in the description. The part number for the C style FJ25 and Std early FJ40 are the same and start with FJ25. That is the most common style imported to the US. The header piece that goes over the door has a different part number between the FJ25 and July 62 FJ40. My FJ40 bows are from a 61 and I believe the same as the FJ25. Maybe TreerootCO can let us know what the part number was in 61. I think the little L shaped bracket used at the windshield came a little later than 62. Don't remember seeing it on the 62 micro-fiche.

Johnny there are pictures of Phil's top on both Jim's and Mike's 25s in this section. I had at one time a few pictures of it from Phil on his Red 25 and I believe I had the pictures from the eBay auction when Danny Warden sold it and Phil bought. Still hoping I can find a CD I saved those and a bunch of other pictures on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom