FJ55 Reproduction seal kits from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw the fedex email the other day. Is that package only mine or do I have some that I need to distribute to others? I am fine with either.

Got both packages in! Thanks again for everything Kelly!

Went through the order, noted everything was there except for cargo window gaskets. Can’t remember if there was anything mentioned about this earlier in the thread.
I took another look at RSA’s website to see what was included in the kit (RK356R), and it mentions -
“1 - Left Hand Cargo Bay Seal - does not suit 1979 and 1980 as these have smaller windows
1 - Right Hand Cargo Bay Seal - does not suit 1979 and 1980 as these have smaller windows”

Went through the order, noted everything was there except for cargo window gaskets. Can’t remember if there was anything mentioned about this earlier in the thread.
I took another look at RSA’s website to see what was included in the kit (RK356R), and it mentions -
“1 - Left Hand Cargo Bay Seal - does not suit 1979 and 1980 as these have smaller windows
1 - Right Hand Cargo Bay Seal - does not suit 1979 and 1980 as these have smaller windows”

what part numbers are you missing? Did you compare it to the parts list I provided?

I wonder if you are talking about this... Recall this email from August, and why the kits were reduced in price.....

Here is what I received from her…..

Your order is almost ready except we have run into a problem with the product SWK360 x 2.

We were waiting on the flocked material coming in and it has arrived unflocked!!!! We have contacted the supplier and are now waiting to see how we can get more of this material - unfortunately the supplier is overseas.

Then…

The supplier has just emailed advising that product was no longer being made with the flocking - in their words they have improved the product using a silicone type coating.

Unfortunately, on a dual bailey channel, it just meant that the glass would slide if the brakes were used and the window would rattle!!! Just not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
In case I didn’t put them in the box, here is the part list by kit

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2141.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg

I saw the fedex email the other day. Is that package only mine or do I have some that I need to distribute to others? I am fine with either.

You should get a RK356 Kit for Xtiaan.

@Tomba and @bhoyles55 shipped together as well.

also, heard back and the rear gasket is about $150 USD.

My front office told me they have landed. I'll get them later cuz I am WFH today.

Just heard from the australia rubber folks, they are willing to do the same discount.... AND>>>> they expect to have the rear tailgate window seal gasket in had in the next few weeks. This is the rear glass gasket that we were working with them to make. I don't have a price on those yet... This is the one that is $300 on ebay.

I assume that everyone with a non-ambulance rear door would want one? Why don't you send me a PM or email if you want one.
I want one for sure. PM sent.

I did not know '79-80 had different size cargo windows!

IMG_20240107_115636972.jpg

OK. just had a moment to do an inventory. I believe I have a full 356 kit. My results are in blue to the right of the part numbers. Thanks Kelly!!!

Kelly - thanks again for doing this - what an incredible undertaking!

Similar to above, I am missing the L/R cargo gaskets, I am also missing one of the front mitred baily channels (BC3501), and I am also missing one of the clutch/brake pedal pads (PP368; I ordered two and received one). I am also missing the tailgate inner/outer weather strip, and I believe these were available with our orders (?)

I did have 4x DS3758 (Front door seal on body) which I believe we were only to receive 2? Two may be Dave's and I can run them to him.

I can email this to you separately as well.

Last edited:
I did not know '79-80 had different size cargo windows!

Neither did I. I’m actually a little skeptical about that. Gonna have to get a side-by-side comparison sometime to verify that.

Well they have different part numbers. Not sure how different they are otherwise.

62741WEATHERSTRIP, QUARTER WINDOW, RH
61636-903511
61636-90353W/MOULDING (03/1969 - 08/1977)1
61636-90358(09/1977 - 06/1980)1
61636-90359W/MOULDING (09/1977 - 06/1980)1
62742WEATHERSTRIP, QUARTER WINDOW, LH
61637-903511
61637-90353W/MOULDING (03/1969 - 08/1977)1
61637-90357(09/1977 - 06/1980)1
61637-90358W/MOULDING (09/1977 - 06/1980)

Kelly - thanks again for doing this - what an incredible undertaking!

Similar to above, I am missing the L/R cargo gaskets, I am also missing one of the front mitred baily channels (BC3501), and I am also missing one of the clutch/brake pedal pads (PP368; I ordered two and received one). I am also missing the tailgate inner/outer weather strip, and I believe these were available with our orders (?)

I did have 4x DS3758 (Front door seal on body) which I believe we were only to receive 2? Two may be Dave's and I can run them to him.

I can email this to you separately as well.
I think everyone is missing cargo window seals with their kits. There was an email from the supplier in late June where they stated they had problems with "Wagon side seals" which I think might be what we call cargo window seals?? There was also a mention of problems with outer door belts for tailgate - one having a rubber flap. I think this is the ~4ft. felted inner channel with clips that snap into the inside of the top of the tailgate.

I think everyone is missing cargo window seals with their kits. There was an email from the supplier in late June where they stated they had problems with "Wagon side seals" which I think might be what we call cargo window seals?? There was also a mention of problems with outer door belts for tailgate - one having a rubber flap. I think this is the ~4ft. felted inner channel with clips that snap into the inside of the top of the tailgate.
I realize this has probably all been stated in this thread so apologies for redundancy but in reviewing my kit, I reconciled

This has probably already been provided in this thread so apologies for redundancy but I reconciled my kit (RK358) against the individual part numbers on RSA website. This is what I came up with for those that are trying to sort out their shipment:

1front windscreenwsf356x
2Front mitred bailey channelsbc3501x
2Rear mitred bailey channelsbc3502x
1lower tailgate to body sealbs3551x
4outer door beltsxNote: This came in one bag labeled DBS3551
4inner door beltsx
1tailgate inner weather stripdb3557x
1tailgate outer weather strip (stainless steel with rubber flap pre clippeddb3558Not included. They are looking for a sample to replicate.
1bonnet lacebl355x
1left had front door sealsds3755x
1right hand front door sealsds3756x
2rear door sealsDs 3757x
2front on body door seals black pinchweld but comes in red, blueds3758x
2rear on body door seals black pinchweldDs3759x
1left hand cargo bay sealNot included
1right hand cargo bay sealNot included
2fully molded rear door quarter window sealsrqs355x
1door handle gasket set (4)dhgs355x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back