FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heard! For some reason, I am imagining there to be some damn good food in Lickskillet, LOL
There is NO food in Lickskillet--nor is there any fuel--I found out the little Grocery store is no more-only an antique shop now(but they do have a vast assortment of Coleman Lanterns--closest food might be Mentone - one place there has the biggest fried bologna sandwich I ever saw----

There is NO food in Lickskillet--nor is there any fuel--I found out the little Grocery store is no more-only an antique shop now(but they do have a vast assortment of Coleman Lanterns--closest food might be Mentone - one place there has the biggest fried bologna sandwich I ever saw----

Fried bologna, yuck!

What is the plan/ date for our handoff?

Fried bologna, yuck!

What is the plan/ date for our handoff?
Deo, I can't speak to you and @sggoat ... But to the best of my knowledge, we will be meeting with you on the 19th. Based on the dates, I'm not sure when/if the baton will actually make it down to South Florida... It looks like @sggoat is grabbing it on the way up to Atlanta.

tollbox1 001.JPG

Gettin' outta hand!
@hecrod
Last map I checked, there is a gap from SW Montanny to Utardia...
I've been fence straddling as to my participation... Ol' Rustytrusty needs abit of mechanical and test runs....
I could get into Dillon, Montana area and take a handoff from there back to Jackson Hole, if'n someone would go South from here to Utah?
And, it has been noted, timing / logistics are the crux of this expedition, might take several months?
I missed this post---Dillon? Dillon? There's Moose Drool in Dillon.--you want a baton? now that's a baton--too bad it wouldn't make it more than 50 miles before it disappeared----
The Home of my Cruiser

Deo, I can't speak to you and @sggoat ... But to the best of my knowledge, we will be meeting with you on the 19th. Based on the dates, I'm not sure when/if the baton will actually make it down to South Florida... It looks like @sggoat is grabbing it on the way up to Atlanta.
These dates are what I'm using as a guide to plan the route right now--We pick up in St Aug on the 19th from Mel, and pass on to GA Arc on the 20th in (tentative---Lickskillet, Al.--That's if all of us can find it)

Last edited:
These dates are what I'm using as a guide to plan the route right now--We pick up in St Aug on the 19th from Mel, and pass on to GA Arc on the 20th in (tentative---Lickskillet, Al.--That's if all of us can find it)
Okay, than it looks like we will have at least (4) 40's in St Augustine on the 19th! What a cool place to meet for pictures and a handoff. @77wagon @ErikinSC @Godzirra

My plan: I'll intercept @sggoat in Rome, GA...and we'll travel on to Lickskillet, AL (it's just a dot on the map) or on to Menton, AL for a huge SOUTHERN FRIED BOLOGNA samich!. There we'll meet @Tennessee80 & possibly a few more Alabama LC owners ( @76 FJ40 )....

The baton will be handed to @Tennessee80 there it will head north towards "The Land of the Delta Blues".....and on westward

Gettin' outta hand!
@hecrod
Last map I checked, there is a gap from SW Montanny to Utardia...
I've been fence straddling as to my participation... Ol' Rustytrusty needs abit of mechanical and test runs....
I could get into Dillon, Montana area and take a handoff from there back to Jackson Hole, if'n someone would go South from here to Utah?
And, it has been noted, timing / logistics are the crux of this expedition, might take several months?

@Idaho yota Yota and I at some point are going to try and meet in Missoula MT. I'm going east to Missoula from Northern Idaho near Spokane WA, he's coming north from Salmon ID. If we can get someone on board to go from Missoula to Dillon, that would complete that leg.

Sorry I've been out of touch for a few days... life sometimes gets in the way! But it's all good... the plan is on and we're kicking this off next weekend!!!

Three topics:

1. The schedule - @CharlestonG8R can you confirm the specific date(s) around your participation. Everyone else... Any changes to what's listed below? I will update the chart below by the end of Friday.

I love by the way the back and forth taking place regarding specific dates and locations. It's the only way this can realistically happen. Can't be centrally managed. It'd become a full-time job! And I have one of those already... :hillbilly:

upload_2016-9-27_11-21-25.png

2. Arkansas - right now, the batons (the two of them!) are scheduled to hibernate in Tennessee with @Tennessee80. Need people to sign up in AR and Eastern TX. Once we get that area covered, we are clear all they way to OR... maybe WA! Need some help in recruiting people here...

3. Separate Thread? - some have suggested we start a separate "Travelogue" thread. What are your thoughts on this? I'm conflicted... part of me wants to keep it all here... with the history, scheduling challenges, etc. But a separate thread documenting the actual trip could be fun too. Easier to read as well (we have 23 pages already... and we haven't even started!). I would lean towards leaving it all here, unless there is a strong preference for the additional thread. Let me know...

Hector

Current participants:

@1911 @cbmontgo @mel lowe @hecrod @ginmtb @jocww @CaliFJ @pngunme @allan man @jetranger @brian @JohnnyC @sggoat @Captn Conch @thorslc1977 @69 4 fun @Law Dog @POTATO LAUNCHER @Yellowknifer @GA Architect @Chris8760 @Rat Rod Rusty @Jpilot @PWCO70crusier @65swb45 @BTG88 @RolandFJ40 @vt0u812 @Splangy @trainrech @TXFJ40 @Bluegrass40 @RAYJON @Idaho yota @John McVicker @Walkerm916 @DPV7070 @tls3601 @Aaron225 @Cleg @David1947 @brooklyn @woytovich @AZOKIE @graham5david @graham5david @ChristmasMud @Sig191144 @myquestoyota @Booch @iptman @shmukster @Awl_TEQ @bkdraft @ErikinSC @77wagon @Godzirra @olive @Shark56 @CharlestonG8R @wizjim25 @awynne56 @Living in the Past @Speeter @mtnbiker4evr13 @Cruiser_Nerd @DSRTRDR @SOAZtim @Tennessee80 @cruiseroutfit @lorax @kblomquist

Maybe do a poll? I like the idea of a fresh thread with a link to this one. But I also like the idea of keeping it here. Actually should do both. Keep the logistics here but have a fresh thread with the actual participants and the hand-off pics, etc.

1. The schedule - @CharlestonG8R can you confirm the specific date(s) around your participation.

I can't confirm when the baton will actually arrive in Charleston... If @Booch and @David1947 arrive the weekend of the 12th, I won't be here to meet them; @ErikinSC will be around, though. This part is still unclear to me.

I confirm that on November 19th, @ErikinSC and I are planning to meet @mel lowe and @sggoat in St Augustine - possibly joined by @Godzirra and @77wagon . I believe @sggoat will be crashing for the night in North Florida and cruising north to Georgia the next morning.

Sorry I've been out of touch for a few days... life sometimes gets in the way! But it's all good... the plan is on and we're kicking this off next weekend!!!

Three topics:

1. The schedule - @CharlestonG8R can you confirm the specific date(s) around your participation. Everyone else... Any changes to what's listed below? I will update the chart below by the end of Friday.

I love by the way the back and forth taking place regarding specific dates and locations. It's the only way this can realistically happen. Can't be centrally managed. It'd become a full-time job! And I have one of those already... :hillbilly:

View attachment 1328090

2. Arkansas - right now, the batons (the two of them!) are scheduled to hibernate in Tennessee with @Tennessee80. Need people to sign up in AR and Eastern TX. Once we get that area covered, we are clear all they way to OR... maybe WA! Need some help in recruiting people here...

3. Separate Thread? - some have suggested we start a separate "Travelogue" thread. What are your thoughts on this? I'm conflicted... part of me wants to keep it all here... with the history, scheduling challenges, etc. But a separate thread documenting the actual trip could be fun too. Easier to read as well (we have 23 pages already... and we haven't even started!). I would lean towards leaving it all here, unless there is a strong preference for the additional thread. Let me know...

Hector

Current participants:

@1911 @cbmontgo @mel lowe @hecrod @ginmtb @jocww @CaliFJ @pngunme @allan man @jetranger @brian @JohnnyC @sggoat @Captn Conch @thorslc1977 @69 4 fun @Law Dog @POTATO LAUNCHER @Yellowknifer @GA Architect @Chris8760 @Rat Rod Rusty @Jpilot @PWCO70crusier @65swb45 @BTG88 @RolandFJ40 @vt0u812 @Splangy @trainrech @TXFJ40 @Bluegrass40 @RAYJON @Idaho yota @John McVicker @Walkerm916 @DPV7070 @tls3601 @Aaron225 @Cleg @David1947 @brooklyn @woytovich @AZOKIE @graham5david @graham5david @ChristmasMud @Sig191144 @myquestoyota @Booch @iptman @shmukster @Awl_TEQ @bkdraft @ErikinSC @77wagon @Godzirra @olive @Shark56 @CharlestonG8R @wizjim25 @awynne56 @Living in the Past @Speeter @mtnbiker4evr13 @Cruiser_Nerd @DSRTRDR @SOAZtim @Tennessee80 @cruiseroutfit @lorax @kblomquist

I feel very "special" to be the one to hold 2 batons at the same time, LOL.

this is going to be a great adventure, and probably one of the most unifying trips that has happened on mud... @hecrod you are responsible for this madness!

cheers

I can't confirm when the baton will actually arrive in Charleston... If @Booch and @David1947 arrive the weekend of the 12th, I won't be here to meet them; @ErikinSC will be around, though. This part is still unclear to me.

I confirm that on November 19th, @ErikinSC and I are planning to meet @mel lowe and @sggoat in St Augustine - possibly joined by @Godzirra and @77wagon . I believe @sggoat will be crashing for the night in North Florida and cruising north to Georgia the next morning.

If need be I can shuttle the baton somewhere between North Florida and South Georgia on the 19th or 20th but it seems like the schedule is set pretty well. St. Augustine is a great place to meet up and photograph some classic 40's.

If need be I can shuttle the baton somewhere between North Florida and South Georgia on the 19th or 20th but it seems like the schedule is set pretty well. St. Augustine is a great place to meet up and photograph some classic 40's.
Yep, St. Aug is cool and I was hoping all this would go down in October, usually by November I'm out of vacation and sick days. If it turns out to be a Friday to Saturday trip then I could make it happen but I will definitely look forward to meeting up in St. Aug.

Do we have dates for the California legs? Specifically Danville (NorCal) to Yosemite? @ginmtb

Btw, this thread is getting difficult to follow. Maybe @hecrod can create a new one that only he post logistics info too. Then keep this one for pics and babble.

Do we have dates for the California legs? Specifically Danville (NorCal) to Yosemite? @ginmtb

Btw, this thread is getting difficult to follow. Maybe @hecrod can create a new one that only he post logistics info too. Then keep this one for pics and babble.

Curious myself, It will be months before I'm able to drive a three on the tree. My original post in this thread I stated I could help depending on the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom