Builds "WY-REE-KA" A Ground Up 45LPB Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

last few.... lets hope I get more reasonable qoutes from the out of town shops.

IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

Good golly! Half of that stuff I don’t recognize because it ain’t crusted over with rust or old paint or dirt road dirt or grease or ...

I’m pretty sure I’m not doing a restoration now. By definition. Your painstaking detail to detail is incredible. :clap:

Where are you getting your quotes from? There is a shop here in Huntsville I have used that is very reasonable and quick. None of my jobs took longer than a week. Their name is Aerostar and their phone number is 256-534-7535.

Good golly! Half of that stuff I don’t recognize because it ain’t crusted over with rust or old paint or dirt road dirt or grease or ...

I’m pretty sure I’m not doing a restoration now. By definition. Your painstaking detail to detail is incredible. :clap:

Thanks Paul! I’ve fixed a few Cruisers over the years but never gone this far done the rabbit hole... it’s both fun and intimidating :D

Where are you getting your quotes from? There is a shop here in Huntsville I have used that is very reasonable and quick. None of my jobs took longer than a week. Their name is Aerostar and their phone number is 256-534-7535.

Thanks for the heads up I’ll reach out to them too for a quote. There is only one shop doing plating where I live and they mainly do commercial work. I think they gave me their “we don’t want to mess with your stuff but if you’re dumb enough to pay this much price”

Found these today going through some boxes ....NOS albeit very dirty heater to defrost ducts. Wonder if this is something Racer65 could repo and if there would be any interest. Also have a couple decent rubber elbows that connect these ducts to the heater that could be used for molds.

E751CFCE-8025-4CEB-93AC-5B2CFC7A3696.jpeg

7D0E41C1-F2D3-4E40-991D-FBCD42734A6F.jpeg

G'day CC, The old pictures are a great addition to a terrific thread. Keep at it. Cheers, Ben
Thanks Ben glad you are enjoying the thread :beer:

View attachment 1646059 Jp, have a good elbow as well, and live 20 minutes from racer65, with all the lpb resto’s these days, I think we all need these elbows!!
Nice Brian. I'll shoot Racer a PM and see if he is up for taking a shot at repoing them.

Found a couple sources for the paper foil lined heater ducts so no need to bother Racer with repoing those. I even found an elbow that should work but it is a U.K. company so I need to see if they will ship state side. Still Whitey if you can get Racer to do the elbows that'd be ideal.

38mm ducting sources:

Newco Products - Air Ducting (these guys also have a great selection of metric hoses)

Dayco Emission Control Carb Duct Hose 80098 | eBay

Here is the U.K. source for the rubber elbow, it is pretty close match to the factory one.
Rubber 40mm Heater Ducting Elbow

i am not a 45 guy...yet. Thought you could use this part number 90917-08004 for the tailpipe hanger they are making now. Not original but awfuly close. See picture below from @hdjtachtig ...assuming 45's and 40 had the same hangers. At one point this part number was the later block style similar to what SOR sells.
4173643f-4fce-4ebb-9069-37a3f2578420-jpeg.1649447

is that the bottom of the knuckle? I have Never seen anything like that. maybe it moves the pivot of the knuckle bearing to give positive or negative camber?

Found these today going through some boxes ....NOS albeit very dirty heater to defrost ducts. Wonder if this is something Racer65 could repo and if there would be any interest. Also have a couple decent rubber elbows that connect these ducts to the heater that could be used for molds.

View attachment 1645990

View attachment 1645993

I sent you a PM. Yes, Racer is willing to reproduce, he just needs these as samples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom