Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well there she blows. Good thing it’s lifted, I’m small and I have my Wonder Woman shirt on today. Cat like reflexes and it missed me and I got the plug back on fast.
Crap in a bucket.

51CB4DA6-7B40-423B-B14C-4125A4DA0110.jpeg

Use a paint brush to mop it up and paint it on the underside of the truck. DIY rust protection!!

I have an old bypass hose I used to use on the 60. PM me your address again and I’ll send it out if you want it.
That would be awesome. Text coming.

If you have fluid running out then its full. If its gushing out in globs then its overfull, if nothing comes out see if you can get your finger in there and feel some. Fill until it starts to roll out. I found the oil suction gun worked well for filling. Esp the trans b/c you can't get the squeezable quart up in there.

like this: https://www.amazon.com/OTC-2359-Oil...38&sr=8-4&keywords=automotive+fluid+extractor

As soon as I pulled the plug it came pouring out in a steady stream. I added the plug immediately. Cat like reflexes... have I said that?

Use a paint brush to mop it up and paint it on the underside of the truck. DIY rust protection!!
Plenty of rust prevention other than the edges. I’ll save it when I drain and refill.

I can. Just had nothing to catch it. I was not expecting to be pissed on!

Check the t case. It will be low as its pumping the oil into the trans. Clean the vent on the top of the t case (easier than it sounds, it is very hard to reach) chances are its plugged and causing the t-case to build pressure and force gear oil up hill into the trans. The vent is a little spring loaded unit and should compress and rebound easily. Parts/brake cleaner will help free it up.

Dyno

Pretty sure I found the breather. Little goldish colored cap that pushes up and down? Yes, sounds like that’s it. I pulled the trans mount cover (whatever it’s called) and I got my hand in good and wiped it clean w/ a rag. It freely moves up and down.
I’ll try to check the tcase tmrw. Kinda ignored my kid today to do this so I’ll need to get him and the mutts our tmrw while the weather is good.
For now I used painters tape and a salt bag (they’re for my house and crazy thick) to cover the hole so nothing tries climbing inside tonight.
Thanks for all the guidance guys!

It freely moves up and down.

I don't think you can assume its good even though it moves freely up-and-down. I think there is a ball check-valve inside, and the ball could be stuck in the closed position even though the cap is moving freely. I would remove it (I think it just unscrews) and blow on it to make sure.

Going from memory here, but its only another few moments to do it with no cost associated.

I haven't really weighed in because there are much smarter people than me on this thread - but I think you're pumping in from your t-case and its overfilling your tranny and the extra is weeping out. Just my opinion though. I would pull your t-case fill plug and check the level there for sure.

Okay sounds plausible. I thought about trying to pull the breather but w/o having read anything on it I didn’t want to f it up.
I’ll look for the tcase fill plug and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom