Wit's End Turbo Owners - Thread #2..... (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Next question, has anyone removed this bracket? IIRC I tried to unbolt it but it’s semi-permanently integrated to the MAF. It just bothers me, sticking out w/ no purpose.

Just need to remove those three bolts and it comes off. Can't recall if its required to hold the MAF to the airbox lid or not. I just know its removable because I had mine powdercoated with a bunch of other parts. Now its back in that same spot - lookin pretty and still serving no purpose. :grinpimp:

Looks like three easy bolts to remove or a handy cutoff wheel. Mine's a 94 so looks different, but I've "deleted" lots of no longer necessary parts and don't look back

That's great service on BW's part.
I was surprised. It was a pain in the ass to be clear. They were only going to replace the exhaust housing and they forgot to send it for 2 months. Ended up sending the whole turbo instead. Their service rep was a great guy though. Super helpful. But it took calling numerous divisions to find the right person to even start.

Bit of an update on my turbo truck - Its getting a new motor. OEM shortblock, new head, cometic MLS, and going to figure out an air water intercooler setup.
Currently, my motor is completely torn down. Would anyone be willing to take a few measurements of the area between the throttle body and turbo outlet for me? I'm trying to get a range of the area between the two if I were to try and cram an AW intercooler over top of the valve cover similar to how @landtank did the supercharger ones at one point.
Will happily share whatever I figure out here along the way.

Bit of an update on my turbo truck - Its getting a new motor. OEM shortblock, new head, cometic MLS, and going to figure out an air water intercooler setup.
Currently, my motor is completely torn down. Would anyone be willing to take a few measurements of the area between the throttle body and turbo outlet for me? I'm trying to get a range of the area between the two if I were to try and cram an AW intercooler over top of the valve cover similar to how @landtank did the supercharger ones at one point.
I can get one for you today

Snapped these on these on the way out the door. Hope this helps.

IMG_9309.jpg
IMG_9308.jpg

Reactions: CJK
Snapped these on these on the way out the door. Hope this helps.

View attachment 3598747View attachment 3598748

Thanks a bunch! Super helpful. Only other dimension would be the bottom of the turbo outlet in the z direction to the valve cover. I know its close, but that will drive IC core thickness limits.
I was looking at the mishimoto universal types but they seem to large.
I'm going to look for something a bit smaller in this shape:

AW LINK

Thanks a bunch! Super helpful. Only other dimension would be the bottom of the turbo outlet in the z direction to the valve cover. I know its close, but that will drive IC core thickness limits.

AW LINK
I would say you have no more than 1" before contacting the valve cover. An IC with and offset (in z direction) inlet and outlet that puts the bulk of the IC core above the centerline of the turbo outlet and intake inlet would work.

AW LINK
That site you mentioned is something I've looked at many times. I've also looked at this site as well.

Bell Intercoolers
(830) 438-6150

Bell Intercoolers - Google Search - https://g.co/kgs/Z3JDRt1

I too want the same solution, just haven't prioritized it yet.

I ended up with a custom bell-intercooler setup for my Super Charger. they're more efficient than the Chinese ones which allows for a smaller package. But the throttle body is mounted on the chargers intake so there is a lot more room up top.. From memory it's a 3.7" thick unit.

Right that makes sense. Hard part becomes hood clearance.
I've searched for many off the shelf intercoolers that would fit in that space, to no avail. Having a custom intercooler made by Bell may be the best option. If you do decide to have one custom designed and made, might consider a group buy to spread the design cost. I'd be game.

Reactions: CJK
I've searched for many off the shelf intercoolers that would fit in that space, to no avail. Having a custom intercooler made by Bell may be the best option. If you do decide to have one custom designed and made, might consider a group buy to spread the design cost. I'd be game.
I would be in on the group buy also.

I might be interested too.

Throw me into that list…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom