Builds Wilson's FJ80 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

People tend to s*** allover the ARB front all the time bc they think they need MAXIMUM ANGLES for their graded forest road rock crawling, but I love it. An absolute classic for a classic cruiser.

I really love the Slee shortbus but bumpers serve two purposes for us Upstaters. The deer around here are pretty awful. One time I took out two at a time in my old Chevy truck. Would much prefer hosing off blood to seeing hood damage.

I really love the Slee shortbus but bumpers serve two purposes for us Upstaters. The deer around here are pretty awful. One time I took out two at a time in my old Chevy truck. Would much prefer hosing off blood to seeing hood damage.
But I mean lets be honest with a 3F and those tires, it won't be able to go fast enough to kill any deer. :flipoff2:

But I mean lets be honest with a 3F and those tires, it won't be able to go fast enough to kill any deer. :flipoff2:

Driving home today, two lanes coming up to a red light. Left one empty. Right one full and it was the lane I needed to be in. But at the front of the line was a cement truck. I almost hesitated, but then I saw that the mixer was going and he actually had cement in there.

And I beat him! Never even turned off the AC.

I live in a relatively rural area of Va and same problem here. The deer are absolutely ridiculous -- too bad venison is pretty gross. I do have a shortbus on my truck though because I like to live on the edge. I tell myself that especially at my lifted height it would be more than adequate protection, but luckily I haven't had to test that theory...so far..

I have had a deer sprint directly into the side of my car before. I was in an old clapped out 3 series running on like 2 cylinders. I was probably going 16mph at the time. It blasted into the passenger door, flipped itself over the top and died. You could kill one with a literal tractor, not just a souped up one like a 3FE.

I live in a relatively rural area of Va and same problem here. The deer are absolutely ridiculous -- too bad venison is pretty gross. I do have a shortbus on my truck though because I like to live on the edge. I tell myself that especially at my lifted height it would be more than adequate protection, but luckily I haven't had to test that theory...so far..

I saw an accident in town where one came clear through the windshield of a Prius.

Fewer hunters every year. I wish NYS would let hunters have unlimited tags. Even then there would be too many.

I saw an accident in town where one came clear through the windshield of a Prius.

Fewer hunters every year. I wish NYS would let hunters have unlimited tags. Even then there would be too many.
I've heard of that happening local to me as well, it would be pretty easy to fill up this entire thread with deer stories. Dumbest animals on the planet.

Lift inbound hopefully next week from @Ozark cruiser

My first remote reservoir shocks inbound as well….
Which shock you went with ? 80 looks awesome! Those Toyo’s MT are indestructible. I have had 4 sets on my 2500 Dodge, just careful when wet

Say what? Venison is the best, perhaps the only land based meat I would eat anymore. Maybe you have an undesirable species there.
Good thing there aren't any Moose in those parts, they could seriously test your lifted height theory. Moose are a significant hazard for interior Alaska and Canada motorists.
Around here we don't have them and it's primarily black bear and porcupine that get hit, mostly the fault of drivers going too fast.

I had an ARB on my 62, presently prefer stock bumper look on 80.

Say what? Venison is the best, perhaps the only land based meat I would eat anymore. Maybe you have an undesirable species there.
Good thing there aren't any Moose in those parts, they could seriously test your lifted height theory. Moose are a significant hazard for interior Alaska and Canada motorists.
Around here we don't have them and it's primarily black bear and porcupine that get hit, mostly the fault of drivers going too fast.

I had an ARB on my 62, presently prefer stock bumper look on 80.
It can be decent hidden in a stew or as jerky, but never my preference, or really anyone I know. Our local species isn’t a special gross kind either, it’s just not a very desirable meat. Wish it was though, then I’m sure more or then would be dead.

I have had a deer sprint directly into the side of my car before. I was in an old clapped out 3 series running on like 2 cylinders. I was probably going 16mph at the time. It blasted into the passenger door, flipped itself over the top and died. You could kill one with a literal tractor, not just a souped up one like a 3FE.

Had one run into the tires on my car hauling trailer once in Wyoming when I was doing about 50mph. Mangled that deer. Trailer, nothing.

Cheers

The upholstery guy local to me never came through, but I found Hudson Valley Auto Interiors today and gave Greg the seat cushion and the entire third row for him to sew a new driver's seat. He was really happy to see Toyota still makes the foam and said he wished other manufacturers were still making parts for 30-year-old vehicles-- said it would sure make his life a lot easier.

PXL_20210709_201558640.MP.jpg

This were seats he just made for a Grand Wagoneer.

PXL_20210709_201514324.jpg

He is going to do a heavier-duty vinyl on the side of the seat so I don't destroy it getting in and out once it's lifted. Happy to have found him!

I love those steelies too! Maybe eventually...

This truck will rarely go on the highway. Most miles will be on the country roads around here, back and forth to school, where I'm lucky if I go above 55. The longest trips will be the runs to Rausch Creek, a three hour drive.

And getting worse in my old age. 👵🏻🍻
Dont worry, I am running 37s on 17" beadlocks, about 140lb per wheel, and it hasn't slow down the 3FE a bit, i just recently did a 3000 mile trip to Moab, fully loaded with 4 ppl and 2 weeks of gears since my brothers JK blew a HG on our way to Utah and i had to pickup some of his slacks. The 3FE is no V8, but sure not as slow as some of these A holes with 4.5 here describes since they feel the need to pick on others to make them look better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom