Wheels that work, part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered a set of the American Eagle 100 black alloys from Summit that quite a few folks are running here.

Frustrated update, I ordered back in June and have received several backorder notices from Summit. The latest notice has an expected delivery date in December!! Wtf?!? Ive been in contact with another Mud'r here dealing with same issue and notices.

Anyone else waiting on these right now??

No direct response from American Eagle...other than they assured Summit the wheels are still in production. Really frustrating after a long trial and error process of deciding what to get....and my old bfg's are trashed!

I've gone through this post but could've missed it. Anyone tried the wheels from city racer? They aren't cheap but look pretty sweet.

16" Wheels / Rims for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ60 70 Series

IMG_8080.JPG

IMG_8081.JPG

I'm leaning towards getting a set of the 70 series 16x7 wheels as I want something to bolt on without rubbing, but I can't figure out which tire size I can mount on them. I'm currently running 33x10.5" and would like to move to something more common, even if it means losing a little bit of diameter.

Anyone running a 265/75 on a 16x7 rim? Any issues?

Edit: More specifically, I'm interested in either Cooper AT/3 or General AT2 on the 70s series rims.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards getting a set of the 70 series 16x7 wheels as I want something to bolt on without rubbing, but I can't figure out which tire size I can mount on them. I'm currently running 33x10.5" and would like to move to something more common, even if it means losing a little bit of diameter.

Anyone running a 265/75 on a 16x7 rim? Any issues?

Edit: More specifically, I'm interested in either Cooper AT/3 or General AT2 on the 70s series rims.

Yup on running them. Nope on problems :D

20180321_220725.jpg

This is a bit of a hi-jack, sorry in advance. Have any of you had trouble with valve stems getting ripped off on wheels where they are placed close to the rim?

I'm looking for new 17" wheels for my HJ and the only wheels I've found where the stem is tucked into the spokes are clunky Series 31 Pro-Comps. At 32.2 lbs for 17x9" they're very heavy for alloy rims.

Is this even a problem to consider? Thanks.

Geolandar 33x10,5x15R
Rims 15x8J alloy
Rims offset -28 mm / ET-28

will these fit non lifted fj60 1982.
General road use.

sorry for noobsville
i read somewhere the 33x10.5x15 was the max.

Last edited:
Geolandar 33x10,5x15R
Rims 15x8J alloy
Rims offset -28 mm / ET-28

will these fit non lifted fj60 1982.
General road use.

sorry for noobsville
i read somewhere the 33x10.5x15 was the max.
Most likely they will fit, depends greatly on your suspension condition. If your leaf springs are flat or are starting to curve the wrong way (dead) tires will rub on wheel arches.

33x12.5" will fit also.

US Wheel can do most of their 4x4 wheels up to a 3.25 backspacing. They don't stock but there is no charge for a build if you order a set. The prices are great. Order 6 so you have a spare for your spare!

US Wheel Online — US Wheel Online

I called them earlier, the sales rep. was super nice and helpful. Going to get my abacus back out and re-figure my maths on the geometry and build costs.

Also, does anyone run the Toyo 235/85 R16 in the M-55 style. It's a commercial tire that rides a bit on the rough side, and I know bigger trucks that run them. Expensive, but tough as a brick poop shack. Interested in feedback how they run on a 6x chassis with a mild lift.

Hey all,

Tried to buy a set of the Level 8 Trackers in 16x8.5 6-139.70 -25 and Discount Tire says they’ve discontinued that size. Bummer! Was really looking forward to running these.

The closest thing they catalogued were these Pro Comp 69s in 16x8 6-139.70 -12, 4” offset, which would most likely mean spacers, right?

I've been on almost every page of this thread a couple times but wasn't sure if I saw someone post a calculator or not. I ran across this one from a google search and it has been helpful for me in the research. You can enter the rim height, width and mm offset and it will give you a good backspace number. Hope this is helpful to some in the search for wheels.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages

I ended up buying a set of 5 Vintiques from Summit, arrived 2 days after ordering, free shipping. Next is spraying them with Valspar low gloss black tractor paint (I got a quote for $85 to powdercoat each wheel) and finally the 255/85/R16 BF MT's to finish it off. Aside from the stoke for the tall skinny look I'm hoping they are a little less "floaty" on the road with the higher rating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom