What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Kayaker only the Landcruiser will keep on going while the Jaguar will constantly be in the shop! Nice work

I don't know, if you're stock, 55 is pushing that F135, one barrel carburetor, three speed pretty hard you may have to find a big hill.:)
Actually, I’ll need to get a speedo cable first, or I’ll never know when I get there!

1FB64DBF-C391-4D13-B3BD-827B41A2BAD3.jpeg

Did you use two pieces glued together?

I have been threatening to do something about my handles for several decades now.

No. I used a solid piece of scrap teak, trimmed to size with my band saw and shaped to match the OEM handle on my bench sander. I drilled out the center then shaped it with a zip saw and squared it off with a hand file. Took about 30 minutes per handle (minus the cure time on the teak oil finish). Sure feels a lot better than the bare metal or the cracked plastic with all the zip ties holding it together.

Last edited:
No. I used a solid piece of scrap teak, trimmed to size with my band saw and shaped to match the OEM handle on my bench sander. I drilled out the center then shaped it with a zip sway and squared it off with a hand file. Took about 30 minutes per handle (minus the cure time on the teak oil finish). Sure feels a lot better than the bare metal or the cracked plastic with all the zip ties holding it together.

Very cool... If you can whip those things out that fast, could be a smart little money-maker for you! :cheers:

The paint code is RAL 6026
I don't remember the name... My wife picked it out, she wanted it a little lighter than the original Toyota green.
Do you have any comparison pictures with Rustic Green 621 which is that original Toyota green?

You could always judge your speed by how many “middle fingers per hour” you get. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

My 76 dash was PO hacked for 5 Auto Meter gauges so I figured why not 1 more dash hole:hillbilly: Modified my 76 brake warning light to fit in an earlier single wire dash mounted housing. Left the WB in case I need a ground later.
7ED323DF-BABE-4FC4-B39E-12522356D777.jpeg

2F is long gone so no need for a jumbo plastic light housing.
C1BE868E-20A8-475E-BC8E-31EE1CE4667B.jpeg

D71CB8FD-589A-4C76-B0C1-140ED2A17DA1.jpeg

Brown Santa stopped today. Five special boxes.

DSCN0543.JPG

I realize they aren't stock but the look should be somewhat close. Wheel Vintique 15 x 10 with a 3.5" backspace. Ordered 3/1/18 and delivered today 3/16/18.

Tomorrow I get the tires then paint the wheels before mounting.

EDIT: I'm sick! :bang: :doh: The 3 1/2" backspace I ordered is actually 3 9/16" and the inside rim rubs the tie rod ends. I sent photos to Wheel Vintiques and I hope they will take them back and make proper new ones.

Last edited:
@Skeet two classic tools: FJ40 and trusty Toyota bottle jack!

Vintage oil-lol!!

Because...well...it hit 35 degrees and the sun was shining. First time out of the barn for the season!

29261892_10155959888125272_7267593824615006208_n.jpg

I had a scare the other today, then the real thing today. Idiot drivers.
full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom