What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's pretty simple. Go to the closest 9 mm flare nut, cut it off, install a 10mm nut and reflare the brake line. The tube diameter is the same
Yes, except that the front end has one inlet now instead of two, and I’ve put a later model (dual res) master cylinder on in place of the old single. I’m thinking of upgrading the rest of the system (lines and rear cylinders) to late model oem for ease.

Spent some time fixing this up and getting it working. Turned out great I think. Used the 40 series rear tail lamp lens screws which are exactly 2mm longer. Left is original, right are the new oem screws. Ended up making a new gasket from 5mm closed cell foam. The body gasket is very pliable and in great shape. The original bullet connector for the power wire is long gone and the lead is cut down so I crimped a female connector on so a bridge wire could be used to mate to the original wiring.

View attachment 3284224

View attachment 3284225

View attachment 3284226

View attachment 3284227
where does this light go?

Yes, except that the front end has one inlet now instead of two, and I’ve put a later model (dual res) master cylinder on in place of the old single. I’m thinking of upgrading the rest of the system (lines and rear cylinders) to late model oem for ease.
I made my own lines and used late 70’s rear wheel cylinders that don’t have the split line. Plumb the inlet line into 1 wheel cylinder, then outlet of that into other wheel cylinder inlet. Simpler than the early 70’s cylinders, especially if you don’t have the special fittings. (1971 style in pic).
8EF6884E-176A-4BD7-9380-574B5A5D77B5.jpeg

We've had a pretty wet winter here in SoCal relative to normal precipitation numbers so the 40's have continuously been under tarped storage since I left town back in fall of '22 for a 4 month east coast work assignment. I was forced to relocate them on the property to make room for a new to me storage container, so I took a non-rainy weekend day and cleaned the '77 and '69. The '69 has leaked all the brake fluid out of the master cylinder while it was stored, so that moves some priorities around for spring time prep. I enjoyed a good 1500 miles on it this past summer with no real issues other than a broken accelerator pedal, so it deserves some attention. I also have an early '70s carb I need to get rebuilt for it and ditch the webber and electric fuel pump. The '77 needs some love for leaky knuckles as we have fall trip to Sand Hollow Utah planned, but i'll likely just top off the diff and run it.

IMG_2975.jpg

took the top off to do some welding this coming weekend. I need to weld up some holes left by an after market/maybe home made roll bar. Figured I would take the doors off and drive around while the weather is nice. First time with the doors and top off. Its really fun!

View attachment 3284807
How do you like the Kenda’s? They are 33x9.50?

I have heard good things about them, they are a good price, but I don't like the way the tread looks on the sidewalls... just my two cents :)

took the top off to do some welding this coming weekend. I need to weld up some holes left by an after market/maybe home made roll bar. Figured I would take the doors off and drive around while the weather is nice. First time with the doors and top off. Its really fun!

View attachment 3284807
The way it's meant to be!

Now Matthew, did you really do something to your LandCruiser this week or is this just Advertisement ?

devo

i sorry Uncle BOB you don't like my Painting i worked hard on all my Land Cruiser week so it would make people happy

does my Shiny new Artwork that i am working hard on now all this Land Cruiser week make you happy ?

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0004 - Copy.JPG

7AEA7113-209F-43E6-84B4-9C0213AA7F4C (1).jpeg

DSCN9978.png

I love these tires! The fj40 came with the tires when I bought it and I bought a spare for it. I have always been a bfg all terrain fan but I would buy these again. They are more mud terrain than all terrain. but not loud like mud terrains can be. I think they are near perfect on these fj40s. Looks like if you are in a snowy area the tires have places for studs. I dont have much snow where I live though. I think they would also look really good on a 80s toyota truck.

I do think they are more like 10 inches wide vrs 9.50s. Ill measure after work to confirm.

I have heard good things about them, they are a good price, but I don't like the way the tread looks on the sidewalls... just my two cents :)
The side walls are not my favorite either but its not the worst.

The way it's meant to be!
I love it but in a classic way ..... I woke up and it was raining this morning. good thing I put the cover on it last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom