What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (96 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I walked out of the vets office crying like a baby… Annie was 17 yrs old and for a golden retriever, that is a very long happy life
Sammy was 17 and my favorite………. I damn sure shed a few myself and do not mind admitting it!

Fifteen 52. 16”. Need at least 1/4” spacer.

I’ve been thinking about swapping out my FJC Steelies. I like the City Racer 16” but really want to keep the 17” tire. The Fifreen52 Analog is a good look.

cig-cozy-gallery-32154or-DSC07661-xxl.jpg

The Black and Tan is hard to beat…🍺👈😎 Is that you Dad‘s LC?

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about swapping out my FJC Steelies. I like the City Racer 16” but really want to keep the 17” tire. The Fifreen52 Analog is a good look.

cig-cozy-gallery-32154or-DSC07661-xxl.jpg

The Black and Tan is hard to beat…🍺👈😎 Is that you Dad‘s LC?
No, it’s a local truck that I help out with. I’ve got a few that I save from our local jeep mechanics. Kind of like Grogan but without all the lunch, fluid film, instagram or burnouts. Dads rig needs to stay as stock as possible.

Just installed air conditioning in my FJ40. The color is a little garish but the installation only took 20 seconds and the price point was outstanding. Totally adjustable and doesn’t affect performance or gas mileage. It’s especially nice at traffic lights when the factory AC (bug catcher window and floor vents) is rendered useless.

CD28D35C-4240-44D7-827E-81AEAE5B7DAA.jpeg

8AA0D03D-19F9-402C-8D5B-6038D2031A4E.jpeg

Tonight I decided to remove the diamond plate on the rear quarters. @birdog009 told me when I was looking at the truck that the area underneath was perfect…and it is. There are about 8 holes 1/8” diameter from the rivets that held the aluminum on and I’d,like to fill them in with something until I get to properly close them and paint…the fender flares will go back on for now so I am re-using many of them. I was able to buy the rear tire carrier and associated hardware and very happy to see the holes and nuts are all in place ready to bolt it back on

Any suggestions For a temporary fill on those holes?
EEB5DD70-612C-4589-BE69-B907CAB04424.jpeg
D3370BC3-F803-4124-975F-19EF3E9090FE.jpeg
I will be about 8-12 months ….a good wash will remove the dust and debris …made me smile

Thought about @imyahucklbrry and the other dog folks, so I took the Fraggle Sisters for a ride in Mr. Myagi. Thats 8 year old Judy on the left and her idiot, younger sister Sam who is 5.

Moody day in the hills here but always a beautiful day to stretch the 40 and let the dogs run!

20220619_170946.jpg

20220619_170839.jpg

Didn’t get any pics from today but drove a meandering 120 miles or so today to get 12 miles away for a burger and a beer. It’s running great, getting 14 ish mpg now that the sniper is working properly. Even changed the target AFR’s to be a little leaner.
Pic from Tuesday going to Seattle Cruiserheads meeting. 1 handed in the freeway just cruising along with traffic.
327DF786-899C-4DFE-8254-3B047DA8D243.jpeg
74C29728-7C38-4775-B3AB-E5BC1BE3BFAE.jpeg

Put in a new dash as the old one kind of worked (speedo was 20% off and fuel gauge was close) and PO had a bunch of crap aftermarket gauges (H2O temp, oil pressure, and voltage) mounted in a hard to see space. Surprisingly easy to wire up. The real pain was the rats nest of wiring from the PO. I need to just rip it all out and start over. <lol> The dash is probably the best looking thing in the FJ. Well maybe the RAMJET 350 is but that's hard to see all the time. Snow pic was only 11weeks ago.
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_2047.jpeg

Ive not been getting any heat from my fresh install vintage air unit. Called VA and they sent troubleshooting guides, pdf with pics of the heater switch and calibration guides.

Tried the spillproof funnel with my front tires on ramps...after heating to 180, gave it some revs, but no heat.

Next, I borrowed a coolant bleeder from my hotrod shop. Drained the radiator, created a 25 psi vacuum and then sucked in the coolant. No heat. Rinsed and repeated with the heater dial set to the opposite side, got a little heat, but immediately blew the coolant hose off my water pump, I had a moron moment when I installed the hose.

Now Im back to the start. I returned the coolant bleeder, so Ill try the spill proof funnel with a longer idle time.

My set is a sbc with a Ron Davis radiator. The cap is the highest point in my coolant system.

And Im sorry this question slipped by
What type of amp, audio sound syatem?
My sound system is Kenwood 1057xr head unit into JL Audio vx800/8i 8 channel amp. Two sets of the JL audio C3 650 component speakers. 6.5 mounted in doors in front with tweeters pointed at windshield mounted on roll cage. Rear C3s are mounted in foot long boxes hijacking two of the roll cage bolts to hold it to the wheel wells. Also have a set of 2" infinity kappas mounted in the corners of the dash. I have the JL AUdio DRC to controll volume and base mounted in the center console. The sub amp is the JL Audio HD/1200 monoblock powering a ported box with a JL Audio 12w7ae. The amp is mounted on the sub box with Stinger quick disconnect power/remote/ground. The box is mounted on cargo rails, also for quick removal. Lastly, I think the most important part of the sound system is 3 boxes of dynamat and 4 to 8 coats of lizard skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom