What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today I took a look below the 3B’s piston:
6FF7D819-D9C1-42F4-B2F0-16F73F9312A1.jpeg

...and paint the Teseven 1/2 tub (tinted epoxy primer):
2259D1E8-CC41-476B-8EB4-06694E05C19B.jpeg

Due to peeling paint on the bib, I pulled it, dissected it, then began removing the old paint and primer. I suspect what ever primer the paint shop used on the bib caused the issue. The apron just had some imperfections so I figured I'll do it over as well.
Got it down to bare metal in some places then started with a new coat of primer. Light to start then a nice med heavy coat to finish.
It's drying right now. Going to hit it with 400 then shoot the color. Should be in color tonight.

20190630_151505.jpg
20190630_151601.jpg
20190630_145905.jpg

Took it on a weekend of trails and camping with other Michigan cruiser friends. I actually didn't drive it much on the trails, @69LC took the wheel most of Saturday because his truck is down. I enjoyed riding shotgun with my 18 year old daughter in her 80. It got a nice workout and a good test of the new roof rack.
20190629_175059.jpg

20190630_110138.jpg

20190630_071555.jpg
20190629_160319.jpg

You know, if you spent as much time under your truck as you did envisioning your future truck, you’d be done already ;)

Get on it!
Agreed. Has simply been a years-long funding & funding priority issue. Appreciate the positive 'pep talk.' No one wants this long-beloved, decades ago obtained, rust-free rig of mine rebuilt & on the road - more than me. Assured to you. Thx. ~m.

Agreed. Has simply been a years-long funding & funding priority issue. Appreciate the positive 'pep talk.' No one wants this long-beloved, decades ago obtained, rust-free rig of mine rebuilt & on the road - more than me. Assured to you. Thx. ~m.

Honestly just pulling your chain - I bought my rig in 2012 - took me a solid 5 years to start making any real, meaningful progress. I still have a mountain of work to do! If anything I feel your pain.

Honestly just pulling your chain - I bought my rig in 2012 - took me a solid 5 years to start making any real, meaningful progress. I still have a mountain of work to do! If anything I feel your pain.
As each of us here know, and some know all too well, in life, cordial 'chain pulling' is often necessary; else wise, we of course become complacent - with conjured excuses to boot.

And as we all know, each one of us are 'pained' by at least something, if not by multiple issues. Reality is, we must plow through this (or should I instead say, apply our front & rear lockers & more effectively trudge our way forward :) ).

Your words of "Get on with it" is not only a kind & helpful (and tactfully blunt) kick in the rear, my rear - your words were well received :cool: , especially that multiple others 'Liked' your tough-love (of kicking me in the ass :) ).

Again, appreciated. ... With no harm/no foul intended by anyone, I vouch (for myself) - to act on your words - as in NOW !! "To get her built & driving." Hence, I've long openly expressed "a will," I'll 'now' openly heed your advice to create "a way." -- Thanks !

Hey man, This is my fourth 40 and I bought it in early '13. Has been sitting in my shop since with just minor work other than the hydro blast and paint. Been working on it 15 minutes at a time due to a lot of responsibilities and work. Just keep working on it at your schedule and funding.

I have been working on mine now for 57 months. There is always something that needs to be done and funding to be found. Just happy to be able to drive my 40 and show it off occasionally. Moral: keep working!

For the fly fishermen on here, went for a ride and found this in a small park along the Boardman river in northern Michigan. For years my wife's family though it was their great grandfather who was a passionate fly fisherman and also named Halladay.
fly.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom