What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finished the "Oh s*** bar" and got it installed. Installed the skid plate. Put the hard top and doors on. I had to install flares for tire clearance. Changed all the fluids. Aligned the front end. Ran through the whole vehicle checking all the nuts and bolts. Pretty much ready for the trip to Moab. I will take the top off when we get there. I feel more comfortable being able to lock it up for the over night hotel stay. Leaving Thursday night, first stop will be Reno, about a four hour drive. Than we will probably drive through to Moab, depending how we feel. The rest of the group will arrive Sunday
20190414_134628_resized.jpg
20190414_134932_resized.jpg
hard top.jpg

It really does look tweeted in that photo, but it’s just a strange shadow. I don’t have a lot of history so I can’t say no wrecks, but the frame looks straight to me.

Against a lot of good advice, I changed the color. I know there a lot of you who will shed a tear to see an olive cruiser turn red, but hey, it's my cruiser and you've got to make choices in life that make you happy.:p
Paint shop did an amazing job inside and out. Roof and bezel are cygnus white. Wheels powder coated cannon grey.View attachment 1952380View attachment 1952372View attachment 1952374View attachment 1952376

Pour one out for the lost olive. But it looks fantastic.

Finished installing my new fuel system (Aeromotive in-tank pump, inline filter, hoses, heat shield, FiTech Fuel injection), re-enforced the fuel tank skid plate, new battery disconnect and fixed some tail light issues! Finally... (after months) back on the road for summer!

Installed a temporary exhaust behind the Aussie Performance header until I get the truck on the road. The plan then will be making this a bit more complete with professional bends and brackets. But for now, bailing wire.

IMG_20190422_171959[1].jpg

So, the inside-the-frame-rail Aussie header places the outlet just under the factory skid plate. I don't mind this that much, because at night I am in the workshop scraping what is oily soil off of the transfer case, but on the exhaust side of the transfer case, the heat from the OEM downpipe turned the combination of petrol and kicked up dirt into asphalt; plus, the exhaust still sits higher than the lowest part of the skid plate.

IMG_20190422_172013[1].jpg

Don't worry, the stepped sleeves from the auto store have a tight fit. They are even shimmed with the crusty piece that came with the truck, it just allowed me to get the bend up the frame rail without having the equipment to do the bending myself. I'm actually more concerned about the F-generation muffler because the cut-tube came a bit distorted from round around the welds and lateral cuts.

IMG_20190422_172047[1].jpg

Bailing wire and some off-the-shelf brackets until I can get my exhaust fabricator on the project. That is unless you know of a good set of dies that I can invest in myself?

The SOR tailpipe is nice, anyone know if I can accommodate their F-vintage tail pipe hanger and muffler clamp on my '75 frame rail without much modification?

IMG_20190422_172127[1].jpg

Last edited:
Installed a temporary exhaust behind the Aussie Performance header until I get the truck on the road. The plan then will be making this a bit more complete with professional bends and brackets. But for now, bailing wire.

View attachment 1959689

So, the inside-the-frame-rail Aussie header places the outlet just under the factory skid plate. I don't mind this that much, because at night I am in the workshop scraping what is oily soil off of the transfer case, but on the exhaust side of the transfer case, the heat from the OEM downpipe turned the combination of petrol and kicked up dirt into asphalt; plus, the exhaust still sits higher than the lowest part of the skid plate.

View attachment 1959690

Don't worry, the stepped sleeves from the auto store have a tight fit. They are even shimmed with the crusty piece that came with the truck, it just allowed me to get the bend up the frame rail without having the equipment to do the bending myself. I'm actually more concerned about the F-generation muffler because the cut-tube came a bit distorted from round around the welds and lateral cuts.

View attachment 1959691

Bailing wire and some off-the-shelf brackets until I can get my exhaust fabricator on the project. That is unless you know of a good set of dies that I can invest in myself?

The SOR tailpipe is nice, anyone know if I can accommodate their F-vintage tail pipe hanger and muffler clamp on my '75 frame rail without much modification?

View attachment 1959692
I've had good luck with Carmelito's Muffler Shop in Chimayo (actually La Puebla west of Chimayo). They do great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom