What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I helped out a fellow cruiser head by picking up and delivering his new catchers mask while he is away on business.

5D66D7DA-A517-420B-9B80-7D1CC260E985.jpeg
324DD426-705E-4B4D-9E6B-07057C4E54FD.jpeg

Finally finished cleaning and painting everything for my front axle rebuild......just waiting for the rebuilt diff. After all the work it took to remove 41 years of grease and grim it’s going to be hard filling those knuckles back up with Redline CV. I’ve
65A8B97B-8B2C-4101-AE4A-0A5A307264A8.jpeg
5355DFEF-7EEC-48B5-988E-DBD386A08428.jpeg
had my knuckle experience......next time I’m paying someone. Oh yeah.....and I received a BIG box of OEM goodies.

Started install of rear windows on my 64...
Realized I was missing the proper sized rope to get the glass installed. Project moved till tomorrow. So instead I will drink :beer:
Found the weatherstrip after looking forever.

20190417_202656.jpg

Got this from dkhardware. Fits like a glove. Good for corrugated top windows only. Not the later year models.
I have plenty left over if anyone is redoing their windows let me know.

Screenshot_20190417-203307_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Started install of rear windows on my 64...
Realized I was missing the proper sized rope to get the glass installed. Project moved till tomorrow. So instead I will drink :beer:
Found the weatherstrip after looking forever.

View attachment 1955976

Got this from dkhardware. Fits like a glove. Good for corrugated top windows only. Not the later year models.
I have plenty left over if anyone is redoing their windows let me know.

View attachment 1955979

I hate when I can’t find the correct size of rope. I’ve used weed eater line or clothesline. I’ve found the rope/cord works better if it’s very smooth.

Last week I had installed a ~92 minitruck booster/master and clutch master. Booster was a straightforward replacement. Now I have locking cap on the masters. Hopefully, this will stop the fluid from leaking out on ledges and steep climbs.
As for this week, after the minitruck clutch master didn’t work, I swapped a correct aisin master in. Clutch feels good. I didn’t swap slave (but I have one on the shelf), because the one on there has low miles. I replaced it twenty years ago, but the truck sat dormant for 18 of those with fluid in it
That let me drive it some, brakes and clutch feel great. The mini truck booster is night and day difference. The old booster was hissing and not working well or at all. The driver rear wheel doesn’t lock up, but the passenger does. So I thought I would adjust the cylinders. Fluid on inside of tire, so blown cylinder. Tried adjusting engagement- won’t budge. Pulled the tire and drum:
D3F86DCB-E21D-4705-BFF2-78578B9A70CA.jpeg

Everything is coated in brake fluid. I hemmed and hawed overnight- drums vs disc. In the end I decided I’m to far from stock to worry about purity- this is plaything not a museum piece. Disc set up has some advantages to me, so I called @Poser for one of his kits. Now is the time, I have an 80 series 3rd member with an ARB thanks to @cruiseroutfit waiting to install.
Plan is to pull the axle on Friday and strip it down. Prime, paint refresh seals. While it’s out, redrill the spring perch and bolt plate to move the axle back some(35’s). Install new 3rd and discs. Possibly flip springs. 2 1/2 days in shop planned, we’ll see how it goes...

FF78B7F2-969A-4F30-A6D1-6C3E5416E4C6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom