What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The parking lights look like they have a little blue to them. Is that just the camera picking it up, or are they a little blueish? I'm looking for very white temp. Is that 4000k or something like that?

It's always tricky knowing what will most closely match your other bulbs. If you run stock bulb on an 08-11, you'll want warmer parking lights to match. If you run LEDs, you'll probably want to try 6000k or 6500k temperature units. But again, it's a little trial and error if you're super picky. :) 4000k should be "warmish..." but not all manufacturers are super accurate.

Also... digital photos are not usually reliable indicators, since they guess at white balance settings when shot--so color rendition could wildly vary shot-to-shot.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have IPF LED bulbs on order, so I was shooting for matching them instead of the original halogens.

Today's project:
View attachment 1539038

Odyssey 31-PC2150 battery in Slee's tray. Many thanks to my old friend Nick (@zebrabeefj40 ) for stopping by and giving me a hand. Install wasn't too bad, worst part was getting the nuts on the bolts up inside that fender. If I was doing it again I'd just go ahead and remove the front wheel.

While I was at it I swapped out the side (amber) and front (cool white) parking lights with LEDs.
View attachment 1539041

How do you possibly keep the engine bay of a Northeastern vehicle so showroom clean???

It's a curse. I hate dirty engine bays. Actually I hate dirty trucks. The interior is just as clean now.

Lots of P21S, let it soak, then brush it down with a detailing brush. Then rinse. Quick wipe down with some 303 Protectant.

Meet my 30-year old truck that actually might be even cleaner: For Sale - 1987 Toyota Xtra cab, resto-mod, NH

@fireball what do you think of the IPF low beam bulbs? do you fee like you are blinding oncoming traffic?

Love them! They look great and provide great light. Makes me want to upgrade the hi beam and fog bulbs to LEDs also.

No flashing from oncoming traffic. I didn't aim or adjust them, just slapped them in there. My unofficial test when pulling up against the garage door suggests they are decently aimed.

Tires are just shy of 35". They are 285/75/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler. I'm running 1.25" wheel spacers.

I have the same tires. 285/75R17 is just shy of 34x11.5.

Tires are just shy of 35". They are 285/75/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler. I'm running 1.25" wheel spacers.

Nitto specs:

GrapplerSpecs_21SEP17_zpskiunb4bu.png

I make them shy of 34", not 35".

Just sayin' ...

Tires are just shy of 35". They are 285/75/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler. I'm running 1.25" wheel spacers.[/QUO
Nitto specs:

GrapplerSpecs_21SEP17_zpskiunb4bu.png

I make them shy of 34", not 35".

Just sayin' ...
Thank you both @Cruiserhead05 and @gaijin for sharing.

@gaijin I know the answer to this but thought I'd check with the SME on these tires, will they rub badly on stock height? I am planning to do a 2" next anyways but until then I am contemplating between KO2 275/70/18 or Go with similar set up (RW dressed in these beastly 34's) as @Cruiserhead05

@gaijin I know the answer to this but thought I'd check with the SME on these tires, will they rub badly on stock height? I am planning to do a 2" next anyways but until then I am contemplating between KO2 275/70/18 or Go with similar set up (RW dressed in these beastly 34's) as @Cruiserhead05

I'm not the right person to ask about tire size. Toyota only recommends two tire sizes for use on the LC200: P285/60R18 and LT285/70R17 - other than those you're on your own. There are many others on this forum who have experience with the tire sizes you are interested in and can give you great advice. Once you decide on a size, I'll be happy to recommend a Cold Tire Inflation Pressure ;)

Thank you both @Cruiserhead05 and @gaijin for sharing.

I can answer this. Atwalz did it recently too.

34's on stock setup - it's done, now some advice...
Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread.

tl; dr - If you stay with stock wheels (18" +60 offset or 17" RW +50 offset) then you should be able to do it with mudflap removal. You may rub the KDSS bar slightly at full lock to the right. Truthfully it depends a bit on the alignment and how much caster the tech dials in. That said the fender clearance without a lift is close - going straight you'll be fine but if you're crawling offroad you risk scrubbing a fender.

If you go with lower offset wheels (like the +25 Icons I have or the +20 Fuels that Kreiten has) then you may need to trim some plastic liner up front or break out a heat gun (or hair dryer) and re-mold the plastic behind the mud flap. If you don't mind cutting a bit of the plastic and/or reforming it they will fit.

Here is my recipe, I am running 285-75r17 nitto trail grappler on RW with icon lift and tundra arms and camburg UCA. No mud flap.

Here is my recipe, I am running 285-75r17 nitto trail grappler on RW with icon lift and tundra arms and camburg UCA. No mud flap.

FWIW they'll fit with stock UCAs and LCAs on +25 offset wheels, just some liner cutting required up front, remove the mud flaps, hammer the bit of metal behind the mud flaps, and warm the plastic liner behind the former mud flap and push it inward when hot. Not sure how much further the Tundra arms stick out over the factory LC arms but I bet they're similar to my lower offset wheels. Pretty sure with aftermarket UCAs and a bit of extra caster in the alignment I wouldn't have needed to do anything behind the mud flap. Front plastic liner is a different story.

What, no tire photos??? Did you just switch tires, Kamal? Post em up!

Its the same tires I had during Moab and Breck trip.

GS ATWALZ 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom