What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I upgraded to @bjowett 's billet aluminum filter housing with the EZ drain option....and I changed the main oil drain plug to an EZ drain as well. Man, I can't wait for my next oil change! :cheers:

jowett.JPG

Found my right rear shock starting to leak. Replaced both rear shockswith a set of factory new ones. Rebound rate of the leaking shock was definitely different when tested side by side with a new one. Stock rear shocks were cheap, around $35 a piece. Prob the least expensive item to fail in a cruiser. I ran out of motivation before installing the oem spacers. Maybe next week.
IMG_0414.JPG

I got my 200 fitted with a mix of 1/4" aluminum and 3/16" stainless steel BudBuilt skid plates. Just so happy to finally have some real armor under the truck.
IMG_0759.JPG

Also protected the control arms mounts. I like these because you don't have to remove the control arm bolt... what!!!
IMG_0760.JPG

@Markuson, there's your shock guard back there, the Mark II, it's a beast, thanks for the testing and trail feedback to Bud, got me an even better solution to a long standing Toyota SUV problem.

I also switch the rear springs from a 2722 to a 2723 (thanks @Willy beamin). Sooooo much happier now, and all I have is a RTT and camping gear. I know with a rear bumper I'm definitely going with 2724s though.

I upgraded to @bjowett 's billet aluminum filter housing with the EZ drain option....and I changed the main oil drain plug to an EZ drain as well. Man, I can't wait for my next oil change! :cheers:

View attachment 1531572

I just installed mine yesterday... I too am looking forward to my next oil change! Does anyone know the size of the threaded female connector inside the EZ drain? I'd like to find a threaded hose barb so I can run a plastic tube to it during the next oil change similar to how I drain my oil with my Fumoto valve. Thanks!

I have been thinking about a much better first aid kit but each time I realize that I first need to get some training on how to use it! Maybe this off season I can take some courses along with getting my basic HAM license.
Just remember FSA dollars (pre-tax dollars) can be used on first aid kits. I would think the Outer Limit supply kit should work but you can get some nice kits off FSA.com and it's straight forward and direct bill the FSA card.

I just installed mine yesterday... I too am looking forward to my next oil change! Does anyone know the size of the threaded female connector inside the EZ drain? I'd like to find a threaded hose barb so I can run a plastic tube to it during the next oil change similar to how I drain my oil with my Fumoto valve. Thanks!
The EZ drain I bought for my oil pan came with a threaded hose attachment that I can use interchangeably between my two drain plugs now. I know you can purchase just the attachment here:
https://www.amazon.com/EZ-H-001-Sil...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HRZ2FRXKQ2V7D8ESKZQ5

I got my 200 fitted with a mix of 1/4" aluminum and 3/16" stainless steel BudBuilt skid plates. Just so happy to finally have some real armor under the truck.
View attachment 1534929

Also protected the control arms mounts. I like these because you don't have to remove the control arm bolt... what!!!
View attachment 1534931
@Markuson, there's your shock guard back there, the Mark II, it's a beast, thanks for the testing and trail feedback to Bud, got me an even better solution to a long standing Toyota SUV problem.

I also switch the rear springs from a 2722 to a 2723 (thanks @Willy beamin). Sooooo much happier now, and all I have is a RTT and camping gear. I know with a rear bumper I'm definitely going with 2724s though.
Looks awesome! Is there a new cross member under there? I'm trying to figure out what that last section of plate is connected to....

Looks awesome! Is there a new cross member under there? I'm trying to figure out what that last section of plate is connected to....
Magic... no there is a substantial crossmember in there. Absolutely nothing touches the transfer case, unlike the OEM and ARB skids. It's pretty cool, Bud lifted the whole backend of the 200 up from it and it barely deflected, I love engineers.

Magic... no there is a substantial crossmember in there. Absolutely nothing touches the transfer case, unlike the OEM and ARB skids. It's pretty cool, Bud lifted the whole backend of the 200 up from it and it barely deflected, I love engineers.

Looking forward to getting my set!

View attachment 1534929

View attachment 1534931

Awesome, @Taco2Cruiser ! "Mark II"
-Mom always told me if I was a good boy...someday they'd name a Land Cruiser part after me!
Wooo! She was right! :hillbilly:

Seriously though... It was great being field tester for an early version of the BudBuild shock guards!
I beat on them pretty hard in Moab, and I look forward to seeing what Bud's latest revisions are. One thing I know about BudBuilt stuff... -Real world testing...testing...and more testing happens BEFORE final production/sales occur. Nice.

That's how it should be done!

Last edited:
New battery. Just a heads up, don't try and fit it in with the batt tray facing the wrong way. It may feel like it's going to fit, but it won't.

PS these Toyota batteries are heavy!

Glad I had a buddy to hold the light and make sure I didn't spill my beer.

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Ya my group 31 Odyssey showed up yesterday, all 80 lbs. Not looking forward to lifting that thing up and in there.

Giving my rig some post Moab/desert love, that air filter was brand new a little over a month ago:)
email6223.jpg
email6234.jpg
email6235.jpg

New battery. Just a heads up, don't try and fit it in with the batt tray facing the wrong way. It may feel like it's going to fit, but it won't.

PS these Toyota batteries are heavy!

Glad I had a buddy to hold the light and make sure I didn't spill my beer.

View attachment 1536163

View attachment 1536164

View attachment 1536165
I'm going to need one before the winter. I have a 2011 w/ original battery and don't wanna risk it crapping out on me. How much did they get yo for it? And any specific reason you went stock again?

Giving my rig some post Moab/desert love, that air filter was brand new a little over a month ago:)
View attachment 1537360 View attachment 1537361 View attachment 1537362

That is one of the benefits of a snorkel. Not just being asked what that exhaust thing coming out of your engine is in parking lots.

Without the snorkel, you are pulling in air from the wheel well where when you are on a dusty road or eating the dust cough cough of the person in front of you. The snorkel raises the intake up much higher were there is less dust. Still some if your behind someone like Markuson or TonyP :D

View attachment 1534929

View attachment 1534931

To anyone in Moab with me...
-Some of you may have noted that I took a super strange (like really unusual-angle) hit during the after-dark run DOWN Top of the World trail...which helped illuminate a way the prototype could be slightly better with a minor tweak.

What's so cool is...**before I was even home from the trip**...Bud and @Taco2Cruiser reviewed photos of exactly what was going on, and they had immediately addressed it in CAD program and were well on the way to a final design!! That is field-testing at its best in my book!

Can't wait to get ahold of the final version!!

And... WOAH! Those skids are AMAZING.

Also...

**If anyone is interested in my ARB skids...**

**they are still in great shape, and they are officially FOR SALE.**

Perfectly adequate for many users, but I plan on beating up some rocks, and will be upping the strength to BudBuilt skids as soon as I can afford them. Good stuff.

-m

Last edited:
I'm going to need one before the winter. I have a 2011 w/ original battery and don't wanna risk it crapping out on me. How much did they get yo for it? And any specific reason you went stock again?

Honestly, it's a big ass battery and I have a totally stock '13 with the original battery, if the OEM made it this far that's good enough for me. I was able to save all my pre sets using a jump pack with the terminals clamped during the switch out too. I had an extra set of hand to make sure the positive didn't get grounded out while I swapped the battery out. Out the door at the dealer was $133. I had run the battery flat once and the truck is from TX so I wanted to do this before winter hit here in Chicagoland.

Honestly, it's a big ass battery and I have a totally stock '13 with the original battery, if the OEM made it this far that's good enough for me. I was able to save all my pre sets using a jump pack with the terminals clamped during the switch out too. I had an extra set of hand to make sure the positive didn't get grounded out while I swapped the battery out. Out the door at the dealer was $133. I had run the battery flat once and the truck is from TX so I wanted to do this before winter hit here in Chicagoland.

I have this for that very reason, and it is a very handy thing to have: OBD-II MEMORY SAVER CABLE – Antigravity Batteries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom