What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 2 cents here. Word of advice on front tow hooks strength. I would keep factory strength. I rather bent a factory tow hook than a front cross member. I bent a Tundra tow hook last year in Moab. @kreiten has a picture of it somewhere here. Since tow hook was strong it also twisted front cross member.

It would be nice to move front tow point higher than factory location.

I think I remember that photo, but didn't know it bent more than your recovery point!

So you are thinking that if the tow hook had failed, your cross member would have been OK?
Did you hit it at a weird angle where the recovery point multiplied the leverage or something?

My 2 cents here. Word of advice on front tow hooks strength. I would keep factory strength. I rather bent a factory tow hook than a front cross member. I bent a Tundra tow hook last year in Moab. @kreiten has a picture of it somewhere here. Since tow hook was strong it also twisted front cross member.

K,

For liability reasons, the point has to be over built or its a no go from me and most other manufacturers. I'd like to see the picture. More than likely once the hook started to fail it caused the damage to the crossmember/frame. If the hook was stronger to begin with it might not have been an issue at all.

Raising the height depends on the bumper itself. Or you can buy/build a bumper that has a recovery point incorporated in it at a higher point.

J

I think so. Yes stronger recovery point multiplied the damage.

IMG_9675.JPG

i-zd36BGK-X3.jpg

that is F'in awesome man!
Hah, thanks Kreiten, my kids thought so too......once all their dvds, drink bottles & various traveling gear had touched down & was re-sorted!!! Couldn't wait to tell mummy about Daddy's "big jump in her car"... Way cooler than the school run apparently

Ya, but $90 wasn't for a pair. It was $90 per EACH. :)

Pricing is back.

3/4" Grade 70, red powder-coat is 85.00 a pair shipped or bare metal is 70.00 a pair shipped.

J

EDIT--- these are 3/4" not 5/8"..

200 TOW POINT2.JPG

Last edited:
Well, like clockwork - another 6mos elapsed and I replaced my FOB battery yesterday. CR1632 from Energizer, Duracell, doesn't seem to matter. Wonder if Costco sells a 100 pack so I can stock up :bang:
Well, 5 months since I replaced my FOB's battery and am starting to notice the tell-tale signs that it is going to need to be replaced soon. I might give it a few more weeks so I can stretch it out to 6 months and at least be consistent...

Well, 5 months since I replaced my FOB's battery and am starting to notice the tell-tale signs that it is going to need to be replaced soon. I might give it a few more weeks so I can stretch it out to 6 months and at least be consistent...
that is just crazy man, we have had our rig for 4 years now and have replaced the batteries once! You must buy those batteries in bulk at Costco with how fast you go through them:)

Do you put it anywhere that might reduce it's life? I've read that if you leave the FOB in the vehicle it could cause the FOB battery life to shorten. Not sure how accurate that is, but might be worth trying something different if you leave yours in there.

Do you put it anywhere that might reduce it's life? I've read that if you leave the FOB in the vehicle it could cause the FOB battery life to shorten. Not sure how accurate that is, but might be worth trying something different if you leave yours in there.
I don't leave it in the truck, but my key-hook is about 15 ft from it when parked in the garage - might be close enough to trigger something... Well within range to use the unlock button, but far enough away that the courtesy lights aren't tripped as they do when approaching the vehicle. I almost never use the fob's buttons, fwiw, except for the occasional 3-click automatic window open when it has been baking in a surface lot during the summer. Otherwise the fob stays in my pocket or on the key-hook. I also poked around the techstream obdii app but didn't see any 'obvious' range settings to alter.

Just out of curiosity, do you use both fobs? Do they both drain quickly? Maybe just one has something slightly off with it.

Same as last time you went through this, we're still on the original battery and we only use one fob, so it gets all the action:D

Please tell me about this 3 click automatic window open function! Which buttons do I press 3 times to make this work?
Press the unlock button 3 times (maybe hold the button down on the third click) and viola. Note, this might be turned off in which case you'll need to enable it using the OBDII port adapter, techstream software, etc. (posted here)

I had to enable mine this way and it's pretty painless. Also, fwiw, you can configure the moonroof to open either fully or tilt.

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 8.24.58 PM.png

I don't leave it in the truck, but my key-hook is about 15 ft from it when parked in the garage - might be close enough to trigger something... Well within range to use the unlock button, but far enough away that the courtesy lights aren't tripped as they do when approaching the vehicle. I almost never use the fob's buttons, fwiw, except for the occasional 3-click automatic window open when it has been baking in a surface lot during the summer. Otherwise the fob stays in my pocket or on the key-hook. I also poked around the techstream obdii app but didn't see any 'obvious' range settings to alter.

Sounds like an irritating issue. Just a thought, but instead of moving it farther away, try a faraday cage which would be something like an Altoids tin.

Press the unlock button 3 times (maybe hold the button down on the third click) and viola. Note, this might be turned off in which case you'll need to enable it using the OBDII port adapter, techstream software, etc. (posted here)

I had to enable mine this way and it's pretty painless. Also, fwiw, you can configure the moonroof to open either fully or tilt.

View attachment 1426922

Just one additional mention...
If you let go of the button...the windows will stay wherever they were when you let go. They work fine after...just saying, it stops lowering as soon as you let go. ;)

Love the feature on hot days!

Had to type this up for another thread today, made me giggle.

So far I have tried
Stock
Bilstein 4600 Stock Springs
RadFlo, stock rear springs
Koni 90 Raids, Stock Springs
Bilstein 6112, 5165 rears with OME 2721 Springs
Bilstein 6112, BP51 Rears, 2721 Springs
BP51 with 5mm of preset and 2721 rear springs (Installed SPC UPPERS at this point)
BP51 with 0mm of preset and the 2720. This was my favorite setup.
and now
Koni 90 Raids with King Springs of Australia KTFL130 Front and KTFL131 rears. It's very LOW. New Springs are on their way from Australia. I do love the Koni 90s
BP51s are back at ARB for an update (shims I think)
I think that's all............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom