What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and today, did the passenger side valve cover gasket. this side went much faster because I knew how to do the plug seals this go around. buttoned everything up and all good, no leaks so far. I did forget to mention, the internals and valve covers looked great. gotta love this motor.

it was time for a 5 tire rotation and balance at discount tire. while that was done, noticed my passenger side inner smaller cv boot was ripped right before the clamp. mechanic recommended to replace it with a new one from car quest so had that done today. no vibration noticed so we'll see how long it will last but will reboot my old one (154k on it) and keep it as a spare.

last night, did the driver side valve cover gasket. took me 4 freakin hours cause I had a hard time w/ the tube seals. will do the passenger side in a day or 2.

@KraziAzn Stupid question here, but is there a special program in the Pioneer head unit that allows for the front camera? I was thinking of doing also running of front mount camera, but I am currently ditching the rearview mirror and putting a full time monitor with the rear view cam.
Depends on your head unit. I have NEX 5200 which allows duel cameras input. I can switch between front and rear camera whenever I want.

Installed @TRAIL TAILOR trailing arm skids. Haven't drill the two holes on the top yet. The skid feels solid, can't wait to test it out on the trails.

I recommend getting a longer bolts and locking washers, my OEM bolts was not long enough.
20181204_114836.jpg
ORBnt6P[img]

@caslim ... I use those same Ridgid boxes and the larger ones as well. Excellent water/weather proof containers at exceptionally good price. How did you mount yours to the rack? I have round bars and currently use bungee cords. Need to engineer a better solution.

@geanes, I just used 1/4" round bar and bent them/threaded the ends. I used angle iron for the bracket to attach to the rack.

This wasn't today, but I've got several months of 100 ownership to catch up on.

Built a drawer system mostly out of scraps some work and some .080 treadbrite I got on the cheap. The slides are linear rail (for automation/cnc stuff).

Still needs some finishing touches on it, but the drawer slides and 1 big drawer concept actually works surprisingly well. I usually have a shovel, axe, power/hand tools, recovery gear, bit of camping gear, and tire chains in the drawer.

Here's a quick little video of it
https://i.imgur.com/XiiW2EW.mp4

g1zSJGh.jpg

k99v5eu.jpg

Txs8CxA.jpg

p3YHvQE.jpg

XBic30s.jpg

1OZmqV0.jpg

Built a drawer system mostly out of scraps some work and some .080 treadbrite I got on the cheap. The slides are linear rail (for automation/cnc stuff).

Looks great! Love those linear bearing rails, I have a design I've been working on for a fridge slide with some similar rails. How are the wings mounted? Some sort of angle support?

rjones

Looks great! Love those linear bearing rails, I have a design I've been working on for a fridge slide with some similar rails. How are the wings mounted? Some sort of angle support?

rjones

Thanks!

Ya I have fancier ideas and hinges and such but nothing beats the simplitiy of the current setup. Just using 2 stubs each side with a single 90 deg angle bracket.

I was worried the rails would flex but being bolted into the aluminum plate makes it super rigid.

As for fridge slide this is my future inspiration

I live in Yuma 6 months or so of the year. Why do you ask?
I wanted to buy a winch on craigslist in the area see if someone could get for some cash
But sold already.

Took her out to a beginner trail which took 2 hours to get through over weeke nd, sadly no pictures as i arrived late and was going through the mountains at dark for an hour.

Got the p0441 incorrect purge flow a day after, i blame on high elevation changes and the bumpy trail shaking over bumps with full tank which cause lots of pressure in gas tank, released pressure, reset code, filled to half tank, and 100 miles trouble free...

was already thinking i had to buy charcoal canister for $500 or new gas cap for $35... but so far so good! wish me luck.

Removed the fender flares and the dull faded bug deflector. Now to get polishing on the paint. Being a central FL truck, it was surprisingly clean under the flares.

8A5E3123-16C6-45E8-880B-E06F9660C834.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom