What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that the basic Kavik? I’m considering the TJM but this looks pretty nice. The Kavik will end up being at least $300 more I think once shipping etc is factored in....so I have to consider that. :(

$300 more for the cool factor is well worth it

Got an alignment. The numbers were wierd as he said the rear end was off and not adjustable. I'm not sure what could've caused this. The truck tracks straight so I guess it isn't an issue. One thing that bothers me though is when guys don't set the steering wheel perfectly straight when setting the toe. The steering wheel is just a little bit off to the left. It's not bad, but I am anal about it since I have to look at it everytime I drive.

38 degrees F today and light rain (worked quickly before my hands went completely numb),
so I installed ALT-S fuse mod and put new hatch (Rear Door) struts on from Partsouq.com
68950-69057 RH
68960-69017 LH

Got my dissent front bumper and dropped it off at the powder coater... can't wait to get it back and installed. It was really tough powdercoating over all of those beautiful welds.

IMG_9337.JPG

IMG_9338.JPG

Got some new to me wheels and tires. Pulled my sons friend in his F250 out of the ditch.

Got an alignment. The numbers were wierd as he said the rear end was off and not adjustable. I'm not sure what could've caused this. The truck tracks straight so I guess it isn't an issue. One thing that bothers me though is when guys don't set the steering wheel perfectly straight when setting the toe. The steering wheel is just a little bit off to the left. It's not bad, but I am anal about it since I have to look at it everytime I drive.

Tell them you want the wheel centered.

Did the rear brakes and will start with tie rod end replacement tomorrow. I painted the rotors black as the faded sliver looked a bit ratty.

Got the rear quarter window belt molding replaced. What and ordeal to do 2 minutes of work!
Can’t imagine what the dealer would charge!
(I think the FSM just paid for itself again.)
At least I was able to clean the inside sealing edge of the windows, and weather stripping.
I’m glad it’s done. Didn’t look right with the sun-beat trim.

1CB1FB9D-CCC5-45E3-B44D-C87D704EB9CF.jpeg

5B34BA46-A3D5-4AEF-8170-726058CD0443.jpeg

362C5E4B-C5D1-4500-AC69-265E3DFF2FBE.jpeg

0B38988F-7CB7-4AD7-BA45-E0937C9DD12A.jpeg

1BF3AC7B-B12E-4894-BF4C-EBFC49721F70.jpeg

Are you keeping the stock torsion bars and shocks?
Replacing the rear springs just by themselves is a half banana job. Replacing the rear shocks can be a curse-everyone-for-half-a-day job.
These are "supposed" to be the very small lift springs, say 1 1/2". so I am keeping the stock front torsion bars for now and see how it works out. Same with the shocks, but I did replace all four with OEM stuff maybe 8 months ago, and yep they were just as bad as everyone says to take out.

@dace voit , I see you’re from WP. We frequent it. Heading out on the 20th for a few days to ski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom