ARB 4" Bumper Fog Light LED Upgrade (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since this thread has been getting a lot of attention lately, I figured I would add my setup as an option since I had to do some trial and error to figure it out.

I don't have experience with the ARB fogs, but have heard not so great things about them, so i decided to skip the headache and I ordered a pair of Bosch Compact 100 driving lights and put in some Narva RangePower +50 Ultra High Output H3 bulbs from Candlepower.com. I have these wired to the OE fog twist switch on the turn signal stalk.

I'm pretty impressed with the output, but admittedly it did take a few attempts to aim these correctly.

IMG_20180808_175928.jpg
IMG_20180808_175933.jpg
IMG_20180808_180000.jpg
IMG_20180808_180006.jpg

Since this thread has been getting a lot of attention lately, I figured I would add my setup as an option since I had to do some trial and error to figure it out.

I don't have experience with the ARB fogs, but have heard not so great things about them, so i decided to skip the headache and I ordered a pair of Bosch Compact 100 driving lights and put in some Narva RangePower +50 Ultra High Output H3 bulbs from Candlepower.com. I have these wired to the OE fog twist switch on the turn signal stalk.

I'm pretty impressed with the output, but admittedly it did take a few attempts to aim these correctly.

View attachment 1763381 View attachment 1763382 View attachment 1763383 View attachment 1763384
The fit looks like it belongs - you can see from my photo above that mine are no where near as flush as yours are.

Be interested a night shot with and without fogs.

BTW

I was looking closely at your signal lights and then checked mine - I think we both have ours upside down !

I compared ours to the ARB photos and did some googling and came across this:

image.jpeg

BTW

I was looking closely at your signal lights and then checked mine - I think we both have ours upside down !

I compared ours to the ARB photos and did some googling and came across this:

View attachment 1763405

Haha! Excellent catch. I actually choose to put them in that way. I figured it made better sense to have the signal on the outside and the running light on the inside, similar to the layout of the headlights.

I linked the brackets earlier that were cheap and allowed you to mount a light with a stud style mount. Here is the finished product.

A28A1C7A-831F-4008-85C5-9DA029ED6E4E.jpeg

Figured I would post an update to this. The construction adhesive held up fine for years, even after about 30K miles of exploring around Utah. Even more surprising, they stayed intact after going into a concrete barrier at 70 mph and rolling over nearly 2 times. Stayed on better than the wheels even. The truck was a total loss, but I walked away with minor injuries, and very grateful for how well the 100 protected me on the inside. Proof though, that the adhesive will hold up through about anything.

20180319_103033.jpg

Ahhh, dang. Scrolling through this, I'd hoped to see another black LX around SLC. It looks really good for that sort of impact though, awesome to just walk away from that.

Maybe a touchy question—where is it now? I could *really* use that passenger side mirror assembly.

Maybe a touchy question—where is it now?

Not really a touchy question, just a good reality of being a cruiser owner, most salvageable parts go on to live a new life in another vehicle. I do not know where this truck ended up. I had completely planned on buying it back from the insurance company (It did have a bunch of new and aftermarket parts). However, even with over 300,000 miles and having nearly every body panel damaged in some manner from the crash, the buy back value was over $2500. I was outraged by this since the initial appraisal amount and offer from the insurance company was only $4500. So essentially all you are looking at in that photo is "$2000" worth of damage. The insurance company came up ultimately to a more fair amount in the end, but they did not budge on the buy back price. So, you might find it in one of the higher end salvage yards in West Valley.

That's insane—seems like most serious crash stories here end up with the owner in some colossal fight with insurance. Glad you made it out OK regardless, hope you get back into it sometime.

Here you go. I just trimmed the light housing and drilled some holes. The arb side is completely unmodifed and there’s no glue should I ever decide to change lights in the future. It looks like that glue method allows them to sit more flush however.

View attachment 1635022 View attachment 1635023

Please post pics from the front. Getting this done this weekend. Thank you.

@FranceJohnson thank you for this suggestion. Installed today and look incredible. Ready for night time.

I used the @Xetabur install Method found a few posts back. Thank you for the ideas. Lines up nicely.

Best 30 dollar mod available.

57116C70-786C-4E1D-B497-A857F8E77E8B.jpeg

25AAFA87-65E3-4B1B-9E12-B098378467C2.jpeg

6DB9CDD6-6E7C-40D1-BB52-089EC3B0F48D.jpeg

@FranceJohnson thank you for this suggestion. Installed today and look incredible. Ready for night time.

I used the @Xetabur install Method found a few posts back. Thank you for the ideas. Lines up nicely.

looks good. output shots for others looking to do the same?

edit:
I realized I never posted pics of mine after I used the nut and bolt method.

36718755_10215896177182475_8391224850559008768_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any night time pictures? I installed this other set of cheap Amazon LED lights and their light output was pathetic.

Here u go.

66C79447-B0BC-49C1-A037-F618EE6D457E.jpeg

562159A1-7E3D-4051-936A-7A978C89384C.jpeg

Two more

Pretty good for 30 bucks.

3FBFF68D-523E-43AE-A31E-2DE9A22F306D.jpeg

1F7F3277-AC24-4815-B5F4-42C0CD0FEC91.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom