What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've not been a fan of the clear that comes in those kits. I'd rather just hit then with my PC every few months when I wax or reseal.

I haven't used any other clears like @Kabanstva suggested though. They're likely better than what comes with the kit.

Equipt finally got the MaxTrax mounting pins back in stock. Got the four of them mounted and locked on my K9 roof rack.

CE454E3C-AB8B-4FC6-B359-284AC1F46926.jpeg

Replaced the brake lines (and all associated hardware) from center to rear. Rear rotors turned at Toyota, new Napa rear calipers and new Toyota brake pads installed. Adjusted e-brake (too loose) and applied a little Rubber grease to drum hardware and bell housings.

Brake lines prior to replacement (welcome to life in the rust belt!)
31921.jpeg

New lines
20190915_131631.jpg

Replaced the brake lines (and all associated hardware) from center to rear. Rear rotors turned at Toyota, new Napa rear calipers and new Toyota brake pads installed. Adjusted e-brake (too loose) and applied a little Rubber grease to drum hardware and bell housings.

View attachment 2083854

New lines
View attachment 2083856

o_Oo_Oo_O

View attachment 2083854

New lines
View attachment 2083856
Nice work. Just had to do the same on my mom’s 01 ES300. Rust sucks lol.

power steering fluid
timing belt, water pump plus a few other things while I was in there for a good measure :rolleyes:
front/rear diff and transfer case oil
drain/refill trans fluid

More like over the last month or so, but I’ve gotten quite a bit done. I repainted almost the entire passenger side of the truck (quarter panel & both doors) due to a couple very deep scratches. I detailed my process in this thread: Repainting Damaged Quarter Panel; Input Needed! Still trying to find time to wetsand, compound, and polish but I’m not in any huge hurry and I’ll be busy with work for a while so I won’t have much time. Also replaced the worn out strobe lights in the grill with much better & brighter ones. I installed more in the rear glass but haven’t added them to the circuit yet (that’ll be a project for another day). Also replaced my headlights that were slightly damaged with the one-piece Depo clear lights, and installed LED bulbs in the high & low beams. I am very happy with the new lights, although after seeing other people’s experiences with them, I’m not looking forward to restoring them every year but it is what it is. Old lights are for sale here: 100 Series Headlights & Side Markers

050D5A51-B634-4850-93CF-E3C57ADDD83F.jpeg

1EC963AD-86E0-4415-B7CB-EBBD76B4E993.jpeg

C32E58BB-7F97-4AA3-8CBA-D452841B06E4.jpeg

74F8FBD5-BE83-4B85-BB0B-8CB4E44E9D79.jpeg

0346C3F1-1BB6-4C6D-82A3-38E83B17DFCA.jpeg

Installed some Old Man Emu 2865 rear coil springs and cranked my front torsion bars. All other suspension components left stock.

A few more pictures in my build thread.

After
IMG_20190915_190044.jpg

Before
IMG_20190915_090421.jpg

Important Numbers (Driver / Passenger)
Old Front: 18.75" / 19"
T Bar Turns: 7 / 5
New Front: 20" / 20"
Front Increase: 1.25" / 1.00"
Front Wheel Suspended: 23.25" / 23.25"
Droop: 3.25" / 3.25"
Old Rear: 20" / 20.25"
New Rear: 21.75" / 21.75"
Rake: 1.75" / 1.75"

Important Question:
Is my 1.75" rake too much for daily driving? Will I see anything negative come from this? We test loaded the back with gear and the rake becomes closer to 1.25" as the rear springs compress.

I could crank the torsion bars a little more but I really want to avoid CV boot issues.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Last edited:
Did my front lift install. OEM UCAs were dead. SPC UCA, Ironman Gas Shocks and Trail Taylor extended links.
r1j0hNm.jpg

Bedliner painted my MetalTech Sliders
wJO6SpT.jpg
Looks good. Did you paint that right over the rust I see in PIC 1? If so you will have to let us know how it holds up!

Installed some Old Man Emu 2865 rear coil springs and cranked my front torsion bars. All other suspension components left stock.

A few more pictures in my build thread.

After
View attachment 2084183

Before
View attachment 2084184

Important Numbers (Driver / Passenger)
Old Front: 18.75" / 19"
T Bar Turns: 7 / 5
New Front: 20" / 20"
Front Increase: 1.25" / 1.00"
Front Wheel Suspended: 23.25" / 23.25"
Droop: 3.25" / 3.25"
Old Rear: 20" / 20.25"
New Rear: 21.75" / 21.75"
Rake: 1.75" / 1.75"

Important Question:
Is my 1.75" rake too much for daily driving? Will I see anything negative come from this? We test loaded the back with gear and the rake becomes closer to 1.25" as the rear springs compress.

I could crank the torsion bars a little more but I really want to avoid CV boot issues.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

That rake is just fine. It's probably close to the ideal range. Remember that the OME rear springs will settle a bit. Looks great!

Sorry, need to update - I'm now in Tampa, FL. I should probably drive this to Colorado and sell it for $12k :smokin:
I hear you. I got my 2002 this summer for $9k and feel like I got a good deal!

Got this in my inbox this morning.

unnamed.jpg

Ordered Lower Ball Joint from @cruiseroutfit Cruiser Outfitters . Thanks for the EASE and great customer service.

It is truly valuable to call a Vendor who knows the products in and out.
Called Yesterday, delivered to my house today. Love it. Suck it Prime Kurts coming for ya

Ordered Lower Ball Joint from @cruiseroutfit Cruiser Outfitters . Thanks for the EASE and great customer service.

It is truly valuable to call a Vendor who knows the products in and out.
Called Yesterday, delivered to my house today. Love it. Suck it Prime Kurts coming for ya

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom