What did you work on tonight? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's again Virgil! Trinity was super excited to get this on her truck. We rattle canned it last night. Looks clean.
Sure. It was fun. Its nice when someone else has done all the fitting and all I have to do is weld.

Oh man, Isabelle is gonna be so jelly!!!
Tell her to save her pennies and buy a kit. I would be happy to glue it together for her. I can't say anything bad about the 4x4 Labs kit.

Tell her to save her pennies and buy a kit. I would be happy to glue it together for her. I can't say anything bad about the 4x4 Labs kit.

She's been eyeballing the NWTI kits I got for the front and rear of the 4th gen and they make the same kit for the 3rd gen as well. I have a feeling we'll be going this route on hers. As you said, life is SO MUCH nicer when someone else does all the fitting, designing and cutting up the pieces for you to glue it together. Yup, that's where it's at.👍

Last edited:
We're out here trying to bring some love to Tucson. I brought up 50 plants from seed. 20 are growing in 5 gallon planters. I'll pot the mature plants that don't sell and raise them for harvest.

I usually grow lots of plants, but this year it's all chile from Sandia Seed Co.

There's also a 4runner in the pictures :D

20210613_173308.jpg

20210613_173334.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-182505_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Now THERE'S a fine reason to own a 270deg awning if I ever saw one :rofl:

We're out here trying to bring some love to Tucson. I brought up 50 plants from seed. 20 are growing in 5 gallon planters. I'll pot the mature plants that don't sell and raise them for harvest.

I usually grow lots of plants, but this year it's all chile from Sandia Seed Co.

There's also a 4runner in the pictures :D

View attachment 2703014

View attachment 2703015

View attachment 2703016
That's awesome! I have never had any luck growing chile or peppers of any kind up here where I am at. We will usually get peppers on toward the end of the season and they don't get a chance to mature before the first freeze. I do get an abundance of cucumbers and squash though.

Mmm. Now you have got me thinking of calabacitas.

Trust me man I'm working on it. Having to move repeatedly is mega taxing.

I think Sarai hates the sun out here more than I do, and that's telling.

Sarai is always cold so I figured the heat might be up her alley!

The power steering cooler in the Gen1 4Runner is a tiny paper clip. Compared to what Toyota installed in later trucks, it's nothing. It's time to upgrade. First plan was to bend up a bigger paper clip. I sent that to Ali, and he scolded me. Told me I could do better. Told me about the kit from Wit's End. I felt so ashamed.

First try with a larger paper clip. Factory cooler is on the bottom for comparison. Ali laughed.

20210531_113453-sm.jpg

Ali more than suggested I needed to do what Joey put together. His kit was $300, and was not going to work for my needs. So, I got creative. I bought what I think is the same cooler idea from Summit Racing. I rebent and cut the paperclip so it pointed down towards the cooler. That way I didn't have a gob of rubber chaffing on junk behind the grill.

Rubber hose (3/8") from the steering gearbox, and the reservoir, to the steel lines through the front core. This is more or less factory.

20210615_105734-sm.jpg

Hard lines (3/8") through the core, pointed down to the cooler. I need to redo one of the lines. Later.

20210615_105723-sm.jpg

Hose connection at the cooler.

20210615_105748-sm.jpg

The cooler. The only down side is I need to remove the grill to get to the hoses. I need to remove the winch to remove the grill.

20210615_120811-sm.jpg

Last edited:
daddy likes the cooler, hoses AND the fuel injection hose clamps. 🤘. You may have done this already but a link to your supplies will help others.

Last edited:
The power steering cooler in the Gen1 4Runner is a tiny paper clip. Compared to what Toyota installed in later trucks, it's nothing. It's time to upgrade. First plan was to bend up a bigger paper clip. I sent that to Ali, and he scolded me. Told me I could do better. Told me about the kit from Wit's End. I felt so ashamed.

First try with a larger paper clip. Factory cooler is on the bottom for comparison. Ali laughed.

View attachment 2704435

Ali more than suggested I needed to do what Joey put together. His kit was $300, and was not going to work for my needs. So, I got creative. I bought what I think is the same cooler idea from Summit Racing. I rebent and cut the paperclip so it pointed down towards the cooler. That way I didn't have a gob of rubber chaffing on junk behind the grill.

Rubber hose from the steering gearbox, and the reservoir, to the steel line through the front core. This is more or less factory.

View attachment 2704438

Hard lines through the core, pointed down to the cooler. I need to redo one of the lines. Later.

View attachment 2704443

Hose connection at the cooler.

View attachment 2704445

The cooler. The only down side is I need to remove the grill to get to the hoses. I need to remove the winch to remove the grill.

View attachment 2704448
Very clean design and install. Should hold up well.:clap:

Spent the first part of the week pressure washing and waxing my daily driver. It's my therapy.

Yesterday the daily got rear ended by someone on their phone.

Today my pressure washer was stolen. Less than a year old.

Tonight I worked on keeping my ******** cool.

Spent the first part of the week pressure washing and waxing my daily driver. It's my therapy.

Tonight I worked on keeping my ******** cool
Sorry man. Some people suck!

Tonight I worked on keeping my ******** cool.
You should treat yourself to a favourite tasty beverage or two.

If I ever run into you, give me the bill.

I got replacement LCAs for the torn bushings coming in next week under warranty from RockAuto :D

Perhaps the 4th gen won't feel so squirrely after this. I've been dealing with it ever since I ****ed up the alignment on an unmaintained road one day last October. My alignment guy thinks I skipped a tooth on the steering rack. I may never know, but this is the step forward to figuring it out :confused:

I got replacement LCAs for the torn bushings coming in next week under warranty from RockAuto :D

Perhaps the 4th gen won't feel so squirrely after this. I've been dealing with it ever since I f***ed up the alignment on an unmaintained road one day last October. My alignment guy thinks I skipped a tooth on the steering rack. I may never know, but this is the step forward to figuring it out :confused:
Can you share what you ordered, or what your replacement will be?

Finished the table for my wife. She got herself one of those new fangled highfalutin work from home gigs and needed a place to put her computer and get it off of her stained glass workbench.

She wanted something simple, but nothing I do ever turns out that way.
IMG_20210627_144705_MP.jpg
IMG_20210627_144719_MP.jpg

Using some lift mechanisms made for coffee tables I made it so the top can be raised so she can stand and work.

She likes the look of the raw steel. After sanding with a 120 grit flap wheel I clear coated it. The top is maple veneer plywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom