What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (149 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would probably just leave the mud caked on there for 9 months.. lol

New sneakers. Not nearly dirty enough yet. Finally got tired of criss-crossing the country on MT's. Falken Wildpeak AT3W 35x12.50 on Method 307 17x8.5. Which means I have 6 OEM wheels up for sale here.

IMG_3468.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan and I definitely will.

It'll be my '97, and a buddy in his 2001 Disco2 and the other in a 2022 Gladiator.
So...bring extra recovery gear, :D :D
Is someone towing a flat deck for the Disco2? :flush::rofl:

I actually gotta play with the winch on it today. Sadly in a parking lot.

I live off a narrower road with no shoulders. A mid 90s f150 with a load of wood in the bed lost a tire and sheered his wheel studs on the passenger rear. He was mostly in a parking lot but his ass end was blocking 2-3 feet of a very narrow and busy road. So I pulled into the lot and used the winch to slowly drag him out of traffic.

It was a good experience because I got to show my daughter how to idle up the diesel. Hook up the winch and move a much heavier rig around.

Sounds like a plan and I definitely will.

It'll be my '97, and a buddy in his 2001 Disco2 and the other in a 2022 Gladiator.
So...bring extra recovery gear, :D :D :D
It sounds like I better bring my 80 then since I don't care about the paint and rub some salt in the wound when an almost 30year old cruiser is helping in their recovery. :rofl:

Replaced the high pressure power steering hose after finding a leak. Now I have a leak at the banjo bolt so looks like I have to replace the joined washer and hope that's it! This weekends camping trip in limbo now.

Went and shot the. 308 and 30 06

20220901_081644.jpg
20220901_080802.jpg

Not this weekend per se, but step by step over the past several I replaced the rear bumper. Snagged the replacement aluminum step on eBay, polished up nice and far fewer dents than my original, not to mention no stuck on bits of concrete.
Thanks to @ibjettin for hooking me up with his used LC450 bumper parts and agreeing to meet me halfway between Dallas and Waco for the exchange. They fit well, and while it's not a brand new look, it's a HUGE improvement and the price was right. :)
I was a little bummed at first that I wouldn't be able to reuse my "LAND CRUISER" branded mudflaps (the LC flaps attach at slightly different points), but then I had a brainstorm, as you'll see in the last pic.

BEFORE:
View attachment 3084804

AFTER:
View attachment 3084815
View attachment 3084813

I was able to remove the chrome trim from my old bumper and put them on the replacement LC bumper ends to keep that look. Overall I think it turned out pretty well. Eventually they'll need to be repainted, and who knows? Maybe some day I'll pull the trigger on an aftermarket bumper. For now this is great, and as long as I can avoid getting rear ended, I expect many years of service.
Nice! Glad to see they worked out for you!

is that a McMillan Stock?

The 30 06 is an old husqvarna bolt action with a Bansner hand laid kevlar stock. The 30 06 weighs 7lbs 4 oz with the stock. It's a sweet mtn rifle.

The .308 is a ruger gunsite scout with the ruger synthetic stock, it's the one with the tan and brown striped custom rattle can paint job.

It sounds like I better bring my 80 then since I don't care about the paint and rub some salt in the wound when an almost 30year old cruiser is helping in their recovery. :rofl:
I love it!

Yeah, my buddy with the Gladiator has scoffed at me and my "old" Land Cruiser...he has no idea what he's in for.

"You sure that old pig is gonna make it up the hills?" He's asked.

"You sure you won't get all pissy and embarrassed when I pull you out of wherever you get stuck after saying 'Don't worry, I'll make it'...?" was my reply ;)

Is someone towing a flat deck for the Disco2? :flush::rofl:

Considering he just spent about $6k in updating almost everything, only to find out he had a HG leak AFTER it was back on the road (fixed by his LR shop), I'm pretty sure he's expecting to make it.

But even he admits they break. All the time.

...I'm gonna tow a flatbed just in case, hahahaha :D

Considering he just spent about $6k in updating almost everything, only to find out he had a HG leak AFTER it was back on the road (fixed by his LR shop), I'm pretty sure he's expecting to make it.

But even he admits they break. All the time.

...I'm gonna tow a flatbed just in case, hahahaha :D
I've wheeled with Discos in the past and they always seemed to be plagued with electrical issues. Admittedly I was in an area that used salt on the road in the winter, but man those suckers liked to break down. And usually things we either couldn't diagnose or couldn't fix on the trail.

Got the pans pulled and timing cover off tonight. Tomorrow after work lots of cleaning and get the timing cover on and pans installed. Then Saturday head back on the truck and hopefully fingers crossed it’s running Sunday. Have not told the wife or kids the plan yet but I’ll burn a late night if I have to.

A6D91F9D-08C5-430A-9ECB-97D801881E53.jpeg

69212830-4AEC-4185-B2B2-23487751378E.jpeg

1E10A9AD-81B4-4ED8-A6A9-F5BC81F6A49B.jpeg

6CB16F67-5CC6-4FAF-AE1E-441BCC74B0E0.jpeg

ED9E6995-D26A-4060-B624-EBC209CCE240.jpeg

I love my expeds I got two of the megamat duos for truck camping and 1 of their downmat's for backpacking. Great products!!!!
I have the duo LW+ only because @akjerry is the most generous dude in town. I’m not picky, but damn it’s comfy. We use it for island camping, and I’ve never slept better in a tent. The dogs love it too. Should fit perfectly when I build out the back of the 80.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom