What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrapped up a trip up the WABDR - Oregon boarder to the Canadian boarder through the mountains. 593 miles of forest roads and back country over 4 days. Apparently we kept a good pace - it usually takes about 6 days to complete in a truck.

Hats off to @Pascoscout and @Fj80oregon who made the trip as well and were great travel companions. Awesome views, great camps, black bears, elk and some really frustrating cows that decided sitting in the middle of the trail on section 6 was the place to be.

Bridge of the Gods, Oregon border
PXL_20220823_125142356.jpg

Bethel ridge with Mount Rainer in the background
504cd647-5a21-4c4e-9706-4918e66ed48b.jpg

Night #2 camp
PXL_20220825_040244454.jpg

Lake Chelan from 6,000'
62d0fee0-9090-4a1d-8cd5-5dddbbe806e5.jpg

Canadian boarder
b5835438-b395-4548-bf70-2499827db8c0.jpg

Wrapped up a trip up the WABDR - Oregon boarder to the Canadian boarder through the mountains. 593 miles of forest roads and back country over 4 days. Apparently we kept a good pace - it usually takes about 6 days to complete in a truck.

Hats off to @Pascoscout and @Fj80oregon who made the trip as well and were great travel companions. Awesome views, great camps, black bears, elk and some really frustrating cows that decided sitting in the middle of the trail on section 6 was the place to be.

Bridge of the Gods, Oregon border
View attachment 3101027

Bethel ridge with Mount Rainer in the background
View attachment 3101025

Night #2 camp
View attachment 3101028

Lake Chelan from 6,000'
View attachment 3101024

Canadian boarder
View attachment 3101026
Planning on this run next season!

Great pics!

Coolant system update…all preventative maintenance.

1997, not triple locked, 220,905 miles.

My buddy helped me update the water pump, thermostat, and fan clutch (all Aisin), Denso radiator, radiator/heater hoses from Wit’s End, block drain, OEM belts, Shell Rotella 15-40 oil change with OEM filter, AND…new hood struts 👍

Everything torqued to FSM numbers…except the nuts on the fan clutch….could only find “good and snug” here on MUD, so, they’re “good and snug” with loctite to help.

Today, since she was super dirty, I washed and tried my hand at waxing her 👍

View attachment 3101008

View attachment 3101009

View attachment 3101010

View attachment 3101011

View attachment 3101012

Nice!!!! This is a must do for any cruiser.

Finished rebuilding my engine wiring harness, all the brittle wires replaced, all new connectors, terminals, and wire seals. Raychem DR25 heat shrink, Tessa tape, and nylon split loom. Deleted PAIR connector/wires, and rerouted both O2 plugs as I long ago moved my O2s to the manifold.
Been chasing driving issues, unrelated to the wiring. Wiring had enough problems I figured I should repair everything to eliminate it as a possible problem. Also picked up a roof rack fitted with a 270 degree awning, for my non-running Cruiser lmao
1661878267150.jpeg
1661878336235.jpeg
1661878356561.jpeg
1661878382434.jpeg

Finished rebuilding my engine wiring harness, all the brittle wires replaced, all new connectors, terminals, and wire seals. Raychem DR25 heat shrink, Tessa tape, and nylon split loom. Deleted PAIR connector/wires, and rerouted both O2 plugs as I long ago moved my O2s to the manifold.
Been chasing driving issues, unrelated to the wiring. Wiring had enough problems I figured I should repair everything to eliminate it as a possible problem. Also picked up a roof rack fitted with a 270 degree awning, for my non-running Cruiser lmao
View attachment 3101305View attachment 3101306View attachment 3101307View attachment 3101308

Looks good, you could probably start a side business getting harnesses off wrecked rigs and rebuilding them. I do believe thay are nla now. If they aren't they will be one day.

Looks good, you could probably start a side business getting harnesses off wrecked rigs and rebuilding them. I do believe thay are nla now. If they aren't they will be one day.
Yup, NLA. Would've bought a new one otherwise. Certainly spent a lot of time researching terminals/seals/connectors and that thought did cross my mind, I'd have to work out the cost/labor/time and if it would make sense with my schedule. What do you think a reasonable cost would be for one?

Yup, NLA. Would've bought a new one otherwise. Certainly spent a lot of time researching terminals/seals/connectors and that thought did cross my mind, I'd have to work out the cost/labor/time and if it would make sense with my schedule. What do you think a reasonable cost would be for one?
Factory 1FZ-FE engine wire harness is still available for the later models like my MAF 97. VAF 94s not so much.

Last edited:
View attachment 3101305View attachment 3101306View attachment 3101307View attachment 3101308
This brought back some bad memories for me replacing my engine wiring harness on my '94 a couple years ago. I failed miserably after attempting to replace several connectors while it was still on the vehicle. Ended up talking a salvage yard into letting me pull it from a motor they had that was seized up.

Would be great to find a resource for all the electrical connectors and/or pigtails for the engine harness and make it a sticky for the forum...if it hasn't already been done.

Factory 1FZ-FE engine wire harness is still available for the later models like my MAF 97. VAF 94s not so much.

Yep. 82121-60343M

What do you think a reasonable cost would be for one?

A reasonable cost would be enough to cover your materials and $60.00 - $80.00 an hour for your time.

Let me know when you plan on going. I'm interested!
Sounds like a plan and I definitely will.

It'll be my '97, and a buddy in his 2001 Disco2 and the other in a 2022 Gladiator.
So...bring extra recovery gear, :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom